• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I don't think the goal of these contests is so that people go for the easiest option. Challenge yourself and be creative.

Level 11
Naga and Human is not really hard but it takes time and creativity
This Wip is easy but i am planning to build a naga base there,deleting the boats

Attachments

• Nagas Got Found.PNG
    Nagas Got Found.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
Level 12
i rather would like to push myself to the limit everytime i do a contest. Now i basicly wonder if i am one of the few who thinks the same way :p

The Cheat is to the Limit?

FHQWHGADS!

But, seriously. My idea isn't plausible, since there's a serious lack of buildings for the country of the war I was planning on replicating, D:

I could do something that ties in with my campaign, though. That might turn out alright...

Sadface. Oh, well. I wish luck to all entrants. (GO L2LOVE! >.>)

Level 23
@Vizel: You got a point there, however I was referring to fist fight like things, which i would not considere a battlefield, however lethal weapons used are something different of course. I am sorry to not clarify this in my previous post.

@Azharr, by posting it in this thread.

@Tamerleine: As already said by the users, this is a terraining contest, not a cinematic contest, also it is clearly stated in the first post.

@Everyone: !!!! Please try to keep the discussions ontopic to prevent from spaming sides full of offtopicness, that will make it hard to look through the contest and are only annyoing for everyone. Comments like "Gozilla vs. Spacegodzilla ftw" do not make much sense and are useless for this contest, so please refrain from posting those.
I would also like everyone that is interested to carefully read the first post, because many questions are already answered in that one.

Level 11
oh yeah i have one question,is this after the battle or before or during?
i don't see godzilla and one more question,why are the building standing like / ?
it have became like this _ not standing like /
time froze?

Level 17
Very minimal trees on those mountains.

30kdi09.jpg

I'm not in this to win, merely practice, but I'm going to have a crack at it. This is a WiP, certainly not finished.

Level 11
one person taking down a city? for revenge?
maybe because:there was a city called City of the leaf,there was a magican in the clan of Michiha named Itochi .one day,the leader of the leaf was unhappy with the clan Michiha and wanted to destroy it,he called the young Itochi to kill all the Michiha clan members when they are asleep,after killing all of them,he allowed one Michaha to live,which is his younger brother.Soon after,his younger brother learned about this and decided to take revenge on the City of the leaf when he become stronger.
adapted from Naruto,the history of itachi and sasuke
My story,maybe it isn't like this...?i find my story pretty good

Level 11
oh.
WiP 2,stage 2/10,can you see the waterfall coming out of the statues?
i tinted the color same as the water and i happen to set the fog the same color as the water,so i think it's not possible to see it.
oh i got another one,because i thought the first one was ugly,this one is white fog :D
which is betteR?
EDIT:i found both of them ugly and tried to combine them

Attachments

• Nagas Got Found WiP 2.PNG
    Nagas Got Found WiP 2.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 107
  • Nagas Got Found WiP 2 (White).PNG
    Nagas Got Found WiP 2 (White).PNG
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
  • Nagas Got Found WiP 2 (Combined).PNG
    Nagas Got Found WiP 2 (Combined).PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 124
Last edited:
darkzxx, I don't see nagas, I don't see humans, I don't see nature. -.- WHY?!?!?!?!? :'(
It's a WIP, the Godzillas are not still made, because it will be pretty hard.
Also darkzxx, isn't it so obvious why are the buildings "/" ??? It so hard to guess I mean you have to be an Einstein to know. They are falling down because of the Godzillas that made the mess, and they aren't actually Godzillas they are something else which I will reveal.

Level 11
hmm,you are right,it's still a WiP.around stage 5/10 i will put nagas and human
and seriously,chill,you do not need to venge you anger like that,chill down.
i am currently still adjusting the fogs and thinking about the structures and the nature enviroment is really very hard.

Level 4
I am quite new on HiveWorkshop, can anyone link some nice stone models that is allowed in this contest? Can't find any here on the hive and the WC3C stones are high-res and wont fit too good with my theme for this contest.

Level 11
:C,well what do you suggest? about my WiP 2,which is better?
----------------------------
if you are curious about how it look like and is lazy to save/close/open WE,here is how it looks like
attachment.php

and thanks oziris,this rock is good for my terrain

Attachments

• The rock.PNG
    The rock.PNG
    101.4 KB · Views: 215
Level 15
The UTM actually does have one custom rock model. It's horrible and I don't know why he even put it in there. It has absolutely no application that I can thing of since it looks horrible when its big and looks horrible when its small.

Level 7
Maybe a little, it wasnt ment to be somekind of horror battle(what now when i think aint so bad:eekani:).

The theme was ment to be assulting a castle on backround, but battle takes place in village, cause defenders(good side) came to protect the village.
Atm my idea was something like that.

Level 7
Well i am going, cause otherwise the 2 sides would look like their not fighting. In my opinion you cant make a battlescene without making in game pic, cause it seems pointless when you have pic where there are 2 massive armies and you dont use any animations. Then it seems like they aint fighting.

Ofcourse the in game ruin pic quality little, but that is the thing what i have to accept.

BTW: M0rbid, you said that we may use animations trigger to make picture, but is it forbidden to use trigger to make camera at right angle, and adding sky with triggers, cause it wont show sky what i put in WE. Because otherwise it seems no point to even try to make in game screenshot. Then we would need to make pic with game camera and that would realy look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.