• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Contest #11 - Battlefields

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
the%20hive%20workshop.png

terraining.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
1.png

schlacht-bei-lesnaja.jpg

Battlefields: This terrain has to represent a battleground while or after a battle of two parties

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

• It's the contestants task to create a terrain that creates in any way the feel of a battlefield during or after a battle. Additionally a battlefield before the battle can be shown, because this is covered by while battle, since the lineup of the parties is a part of the battle itself.
  • No submission may violate any of the http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/
  • All submissions must follow the current theme. If any terrain does not fit, a moderator or the host will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion.
  • Your submission in form of a screenshot must be posted before the deadline.
  • You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours. Also you are adviced to keep the original map until the contest is over.
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest.
  • Judges may not participate.
  • Teamwork is not allowed.
  • Map may consist of any resource as long a it is public and not ripped or stolen
  • Unless a used resource belongs to either hiveworkshop or Wc3 Campaigns, a link to the used resources must be provided.
  • No image editing tools may be used to enhance the terrain previews (however cropping is allowed).
  • You are allowed to use triggers for animation purposes (showing animation of units) and therefore take a screenshot ingame, however every other Trigger use will disqualify your entry. This does not go for the necessary camera and weather effect triggers aswell as teamcolour triggers that are needed to gain the possibilites of a WE shot for an ingame shot

prizes.png

• First Place: 45 reputation points and your entry on the award icon
  • Second Place: 30 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 15 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

Creativity
The creativity displayed in your terrain./15

Detail
The detail of the terrain. Impurities in the detail are rough edges, floating trees etc./15

Technique
How advanced are the techniques and tricks you have used, and how well have you executed them?/15

Theme
How well is the theme used in your terrain?/15

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.

Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.7 + (votes/(total votes))*30 = (score)/10

judges.png

M0rbid
Chaos.

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

• The contest shall begin on Thursday, 9th December and conclude on Thusrday, 20th January, GMT

Last edited:
Level 12
I wish i had time for this contest, D:

I have an amazing idea that I'd LOVE to implement.

Oh, well, my first contest will have to be later. Between working 40+ hours a week and everything else, I simply don't have time. :(

GL though.

Level 15
Definately in.
Keiji, now that you aren't judge/host, are you going to join? The more competition the better.
I'm still sticking with my colossus idea. Just a few changes to make it fit this theme.

Level 35
Uh do sieges fit in this theme? Or at least city fights or is it necessary to be on an open space?

There is no speciments as to "how" or "where" the battle has to be fought, and when there isn't, you can assume that you can do your battle on top of a cheese mountain, or in the mids of a geyser erupting, if you wanted to, the only thing that needs to be present is two forces fighing each other.

On the "will I join or not" note, well. I'm only going to say that joining a contest is, hard for me, and not only that the chance for me not finishing my entry is even larger. But if I do get a good idea, and if I DO sample some determination, I might just want to get into this fight. But, as previously stated, it's doubtful.

Level 23
To answer everyone's upcoming question so far, so that everyone has an "official" answer:

1. This is a Warcraft 3 Contest, so no Galaxy Editor may be used.
2. The theme is battlefield without any more specifications, but it is batteground, so what your terrain needs to include: two parties and a place where the battle takes place. (it must be visible, that this location has been influenced by the battle of course, because that actually is a battlefield). The rest is up to you.
However what is not considered a battlefield is, like I said before, something like Godzilla destroying a town or something like that.
3. Dr. House asked me, about the imports. This rule is included in the first post aswell, however I will repeat myself here. Every import is allowed as soon as you link the ressource in case of it not being from wc3c or hive. However Rips and stolen material is not allowed for this contest.

Level 9
I want to participate..
good luck everyone

EDIT:can i ask something?do i need to fill up some form or something?please tell me its my first time..

Level 12
You named it AND linked it??!

HERETIC!

Seriously, though, I actually would have time to partake in this over my vacation, but... that would be rude to my mom who hasn't seen me in over a year. >.>

Are oGre_'s rock models allowed? They are from it-who-shalt-not-be-named.

Link: http://xgm.ru/p/wc3/3237

My apologies to have to link to XGM, but those rock models are just so damn good.

His models have ripped WoW textures on them.

As well, I am entering this contest, and I am making a naga vs Human battle scene.

Level 23
Not all of the models in that rock pack have wow rips on them. can we just use the ones that do not need the texture? for example the gray rocks.

Yus, you are allowed to use those.

@Tamerleine: Of course the UTM is allowed as it consists mostly of Hive and wc3c ressources and can be found on hive to be downloaded.

@darkzxx: yes it has started, you can start working

@bloodpath5557: Posting a WiP will automatically put you on my list of possbile entries, so no need for anything else.

@Marcelo Hussomi: It's up to you wether you want to take it in Editor with pressing "v" or ingame.

Level 9
shud i take screenshots from WE or ingame?

EDITi figured it out sry wasnt reading the previous post :)
EDIT 2:can I ask someone to help me with ingame camera triggering?

Level 15
shud i take screenshots from WE or ingame?

EDITi figured it out sry wasnt reading the previous post :)
EDIT 2:can I ask someone to help me with ingame camera triggering?

I wouldn't take a screenshot from ingame, most people do it in the editor. However, I'm guessing you should be allowed, as the contest is centralized around terrain, but a good camera angle is part of terraining xO ~ Ignore me T__T

--

Random themes I hope to see:
  • Humans vs Orcs
  • Sentinel vs Scourge
  • Hell vs Heaven
  • x vs y
  • Dolphins vs Sharks o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.