1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Seek unity between the elements in the 22nd Terraining Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Seize the moment! The 18th Mini Mapping Contest has commenced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Necro Knight v1.3.

Submitted by Momowarlord
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Rise of the Necro Knight
Takes place in fictional kingdom of Androsean, where young mage named Aneglur seeks power trough necromancy. Neglected and underappreciated he seeked for his glory. Local authorities assumed about his actions. King sent men to kill him. Even after his death dark powers remains in his dead body and he raised him self as powerful necromancer-warrior with one mission to take vengeance.

Necro Knight have unique set of abilities and his strongest ability is non-hero ability called Second Opportunity, that allows him to raise killed units permanently.

This campaign is RPG focused, killing creeps, finding secrets and fighting secret bosses.
Each map has neutral Boss and corpse of Legendary warrior.

• Characters Description
    Aneglur Tugadh Main Protagonist of campaign, young mage that became necromancer.
    Roddrick General of Androsean army, self centred egoistic man, will do anything to save his skin, even betray his loyal friends.
    Keagan Loyal Captain of Androsean, capable and good man, victim of betrayal

Bosses Description
    Gauldoth Spirit of powerfull necromancer. Drops Gauldoth's Tome.
    Obsidian Golem Mighty colossal golem, drops Runed Bracer.
    Charles Vane Ruthless pirate captain, drops Ocean Master.
    King Gilliam III Mur'gul king, drops Scepter of the Seas.
    Slade and Slitthroat Deadly Bandit duo, drops Enchanting Ring.

Corpses of Legendary Warriors History
    Lone Champion True definition of a Champion, veteran of many wars, location of his grave is unknown.
    Troll Marauder Trollish warrior of many troll tales, guardian of all trolls.
    Ocean Vanguard Protector of the seas, killed by pirates.

• [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• [30.9.2019.]
    skip cinematic added
    new unit for humans
    new unique items
    fixed trigger bugs
    new spell for Aneglur

[14.12.2019]
    This update introduces new mechanic for raising enemy units, risen units keep their abilities.
    There are some new unique items that have drop chance instead of getting normal item type:
    Slippers of Agility 67% drop chance and Ninja Slippers 33% drop chance
    Maul of Strenght and Maul of Brute Strenght
    Mantle of Intelligence and Mantle of Magi
    Gauntlets of Ogre Strenght and Gauntlets of Ogre Warlord
    Slimy Murloc Scale and Sturdy Murloc Scale

[9.5.2020.] Released in 1.30.4 version of WC3
    Unique risen models added
    minor dialogue changes

• nazgul rider by olofmoleman
    soulsteal by 4eNNightmare
    captain footman by Ujimasa Hojo
    cottage by HerrDave
    dark harvest by Power
    demon knight by Tarrasque
    footman hero by Sharkarsh, Stefan.K
    footman spear thrower by AhhFreshWeeD
    frost armor target by JetFangInferno
    hand made axe by Sunchips
    homestead by HerrDave
    knight by Stefan.K
    murloc fisher by willydawiller
    human bishop by Tranquill
    nazgl by HerrDave
    ogre pirate by Uncle Fester
    scarecrow by Shadow_killer
    sea giant emperor by Retera
    thatched cottages by MassiveMaster
    troll pirate by Uncle Fester
    turalyon by CloudWolf
    web by Lender
    black corsair by WhiteDeath

Special thanks to BloodSoul for triggers
  • This is my first campaign, it took several years to make with pauses. Hope you enjoy it
Contents

Rise of the Necro Knight (Campaign)

Reviews
Mvyrea
I understand it's a demo, so I guess it's normal that there are many things to fix. Regarding the prologue, I think that I should not use a model as recognizable as Arthas for another character, it does not look good. On the subject of the models, I...
Paillan
After a test a couple of things: Mayor issues: - There's no info for the player that they need to break the granary to get to the town from behind. - The prologue has a victory screen to end them map instead of sending the player to the first map....
cleavinghammer
Loading screen image should be better cropped, there are these weird white shapes at the edges. English needs a lot of correcting, but is understandable. Cutscenes are unskippable. Given how important Second Chance is to gameplay, it should have a...
deepstrasz
Same issue, the hero does not appear in chapter 2. It works on 1.27 though. But we require it to work on the latest patches as well. Awaiting Update. (previous comments: Rise of the Necro Knight v1.2.) EDIT: no updates in 3 months. Substandard....
  1. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Judging from the screenshots I'd say add some original models instead of the usual reanimate tainted version of units, although it might be harder to make, it would certainly add to the originality.
    Another thing is make the hero more vulnerable, he is a skeleton, after all. Maybe he should have negative armor. Like -3 armor to start with, and have a spell where u sacrifice a unit to gain armor. (Like frost armor spell).
    And last thing I'd say is change the name, Daemon is neither fitting neither original, choose a more sinister name for a necromancer.

I like the idea, though I've got no time to actually play it. I'm definitely considering it for the future. And please keep in mind these are all comments judging from the screenshots and the description.
    Thanks for your contribution! Good luck on your project.

2. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for response, i don't think so i could find undead version of every unit that will appear in the campaign. I'll consider armor change and name.

3. shadowhog

shadowhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Is it possible to make second opportunity target highest level corpse cause when I got to the bandits I raised all but the red named one. Or maybe decrease its cooldown a tad.
    Also is there suppose to be dialogue when you approach the small grave site after the 1st gate cause I walked away and did not notice the skeletons till I was close to the town.
    I also agree with knight26 maybe reduce starting armor to 0 or something cause at the moment with his 1st spell he just face tanks everything. Also this could be debated because at moment you only have the 1 level and we do not know how hard later levels will be.

Also small tombstone close to start location is that relevant yet or just for decorations?

Good choice of skills for later levels
    Models are not to bad for the risen units but maybe see if you can at least get a hero model.
    Overall it was good I await the full release. Good luck with the rest

4. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Strange, but second opportunity target always highest level, maybe you were out of range. I will update more dialogue and some special effects at graveyard. Tombstone is for "legendary" corpse that you can raise, he is sort of easter egg. I made 3 maps already but i need to finish them. I was searching for hero model but i couldn't find matching model. Thanks for responding.

5. shadowhog

shadowhog

Resources:
    Resources:
    Went back and tried it for whatever reason I had to be right on top of him for it to work instead of raising the smaller bandits. It works fine for every other mob.

6. Arthur123

Arthur123

Resources:
    Resources:
    i usally dont play demos but this one i played...well its nice...tho it need a better hero model...yeah i read the comments you chould not find one but try a little more....also the first tombstone in south of map...it is for a legendry warrior?...cause when i get close to it it was just three skeletons....enyway i enjoyed it and yeah if you can change the armor at first and name....cant wait for the full campaign and good luck

7. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That is common graveyard, legendary warrior is not on that location it's hidden ;), i am already searching for new model, thanks for comment.

8. Arthur123

Arthur123

Resources:
    Resources:
    no problem thanks for starting an awesome undead campaign...we see little of good undead campaigns :D

9. ShadowFox555

ShadowFox555

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this, and it has great potential, however here are a few things I would recommend you do:
    -Add custom models, it makes the characters feel more realistic,
    -Make the optional quest more hard, add a few units to make it feel challenging,
    -Add more custom units, the more you add, the more unique it is,
    -Change the terrain a little bit, it feels so...boring...,
    -And like knight26 said, change Daemon's name, it feels unoriginal. Change it to something like Tenebris (latin for darkness, and latin is useful for making original names).

10. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    thanks for tips, i'll look for it.

11. Rufus

Rufus

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Defenitely fun concept. Subscribing for more!

12. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If anyone found grave and can't find corpse please report so i can fix it.

13. Mvyrea

Mvyrea

Resources:
    Resources:
    I understand it's a demo, so I guess it's normal that there are many things to fix.

Regarding the prologue, I think that I should not use a model as recognizable as Arthas for another character, it does not look good. On the subject of the models, I think I should use personalized models, because the hero's own model is only of a skeletal magician. To say also, that the victory screen or the scoring screen should not come out, should simply go directly to the first phase.

Regarding the first mission; the missions do not appear on the screen at the beginning, I think they should appear. The optional mission is completed by simply killing the enemies marked without the need to raise it as undead. To say also that in the end, the victory screen jumps before the cinematic ends.

In general, there is a lot of work to be done but I encourage you to continue. Try to make the kinematics more fluid and not so abrupt, also looking for models in the forum to give a more personalized touch to the campaign and try to improve the design of the maps a bit, in the first mission it sometimes feels very simple .

Greetings and encouragement (I will not score because it is only a demo)

14. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for responding, about optional quest i couldn't figure out how to make count of risen units so i made it when killed to simplify. I already updated new hero models, it will be better in full release.

15. TheHunterr

TheHunterr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice and fun map, i really want more

16. arthas981

arthas981

Resources:
    Resources:
    Very good map you should go on ;):):thumbs_up:

17. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, it's in progress.

18. VANSEDE

VANSEDE

Resources:
    Resources:
    Gameplay
    I like the concept of legendary warrior corpse, wish it will be in future chapters and remain a very impactful factor in completing chapters. The gameplay that revolves around reanimating corpses to strengthen player's forces is a very enjoyable element of the overall gameplay. It is a shame that reanimated units cannot use spells, i wonder if there is any way to make it work. Getting reinforcements from graveyard is the lovable classic of undead gameplay. The penguin easter egg is a nice addition to the gameplay experience. Finding the hidden entrance is a good addition too.

Terrain
    Lacking. The hidden entrance into the town and spider + murloc camp has a nice touch to the terrain path but the map can be more exciting.

I think thats about all the personal input i can offer. Really looking forward to your complete version of the map.

19. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for respond, every map will have 1 secret corpse and about spells for reanimated i was thinking to change base spell to resurrection, but i don't know hot to change their classification to undead and change their color, maybe trigger.