1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Rise of the Necro Knight v1.3.

Submitted by Momowarlord
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Rise of the Necro Knight
Takes place in fictional kingdom of Androsean, where young mage named Aneglur seeks power trough necromancy. Neglected and underappreciated he seeked for his glory. Local authorities assumed about his actions. King sent men to kill him. Even after his death dark powers remains in his dead body and he raised him self as powerful necromancer-warrior with one mission to take vengeance.

Necro Knight have unique set of abilities and his strongest ability is non-hero ability called Second Opportunity, that allows him to raise killed units permanently.

This campaign is RPG focused, killing creeps, finding secrets and fighting secret bosses.
Each map has neutral Boss and corpse of Legendary warrior.

• Characters Description
    Aneglur Tugadh Main Protagonist of campaign, young mage that became necromancer.
    Roddrick General of Androsean army, self centred egoistic man, will do anything to save his skin, even betray his loyal friends.
    Keagan Loyal Captain of Androsean, capable and good man, victim of betrayal

Bosses Description
    Gauldoth Spirit of powerfull necromancer. Drops Gauldoth's Tome.
    Obsidian Golem Mighty colossal golem, drops Runed Bracer.
    Charles Vane Ruthless pirate captain, drops Ocean Master.
    King Gilliam III Mur'gul king, drops Scepter of the Seas.
    Slade and Slitthroat Deadly Bandit duo, drops Enchanting Ring.

Corpses of Legendary Warriors History
    Lone Champion True definition of a Champion, veteran of many wars, location of his grave is unknown.
    Troll Marauder Trollish warrior of many troll tales, guardian of all trolls.
    Ocean Vanguard Protector of the seas, killed by pirates.

• [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• [30.9.2019.]
    skip cinematic added
    new unit for humans
    new unique items
    fixed trigger bugs
    new spell for Aneglur

[14.12.2019]
    This update introduces new mechanic for raising enemy units, risen units keep their abilities.
    There are some new unique items that have drop chance instead of getting normal item type:
    Slippers of Agility 67% drop chance and Ninja Slippers 33% drop chance
    Maul of Strenght and Maul of Brute Strenght
    Mantle of Intelligence and Mantle of Magi
    Gauntlets of Ogre Strenght and Gauntlets of Ogre Warlord
    Slimy Murloc Scale and Sturdy Murloc Scale

[9.5.2020.] Released in 1.30.4 version of WC3
    Unique risen models added
    minor dialogue changes

• nazgul rider by olofmoleman
    soulsteal by 4eNNightmare
    captain footman by Ujimasa Hojo
    cottage by HerrDave
    dark harvest by Power
    demon knight by Tarrasque
    footman hero by Sharkarsh, Stefan.K
    footman spear thrower by AhhFreshWeeD
    frost armor target by JetFangInferno
    hand made axe by Sunchips
    homestead by HerrDave
    knight by Stefan.K
    murloc fisher by willydawiller
    human bishop by Tranquill
    nazgl by HerrDave
    ogre pirate by Uncle Fester
    scarecrow by Shadow_killer
    sea giant emperor by Retera
    thatched cottages by MassiveMaster
    troll pirate by Uncle Fester
    turalyon by CloudWolf
    web by Lender
    black corsair by WhiteDeath

Special thanks to BloodSoul for triggers
  • This is my first campaign, it took several years to make with pauses. Hope you enjoy it
Contents

Rise of the Necro Knight (Campaign)

Reviews
Mvyrea
I understand it's a demo, so I guess it's normal that there are many things to fix. Regarding the prologue, I think that I should not use a model as recognizable as Arthas for another character, it does not look good. On the subject of the models, I...
Paillan
After a test a couple of things: Mayor issues: - There's no info for the player that they need to break the granary to get to the town from behind. - The prologue has a victory screen to end them map instead of sending the player to the first map....
cleavinghammer
Loading screen image should be better cropped, there are these weird white shapes at the edges. English needs a lot of correcting, but is understandable. Cutscenes are unskippable. Given how important Second Chance is to gameplay, it should have a...
deepstrasz
Same issue, the hero does not appear in chapter 2. It works on 1.27 though. But we require it to work on the latest patches as well. Awaiting Update. (previous comments: Rise of the Necro Knight v1.2.) EDIT: no updates in 3 months. Substandard....
  1. Paillan

Paillan

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    After a test a couple of things:

Mayor issues:
    - There's no info for the player that they need to break the granary to get to the town from behind.

- The prologue has a victory screen to end them map instead of sending the player to the first map.

Minor issues:

- No hero aura for the hero
    - A bit to easy maybe?
    - Words and letters missing in some dialogues

You should also improve the description of the map here in the hive.

Set to Awaiting update
    ======================================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

If you want more reviews, come here:
    The Grand Review Exchange!

2. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Did you happen to upload a map which is not in a full version? Just askin because of the title.

3. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just first map (demo)

4. eubz

eubz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I guess you'll just have to remove (full version) words. Just add that in our description.

5. Mortalspace

Mortalspace

Resources:
    Resources:
    It's my first ever comment on hive and i felt like writing this. Map was really fun to play i hope you make another campaign based on this elements or improve this campaign even bigger and deeper.

6. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, i will make sequel and campaign in same universe but from human perspective after fall of Androsean

7. Blasterixx

Blasterixx

Resources:
    Resources:
    Small review.
    ~~Negatives/bugs~~

- After completing the prologue the first mission should start playing, but instead i got back to the main page of the campaign.

- In the second mission the knights that come at the end of the countdown can be avoided by just leaving the starting area, after that the knights run back to their starting position, which is kinda funny.

- There was a lack of boss type enemies on the human side, all missions except the last one, have no strong boss type enemy, so just killing all the humans is not only super easy but also pretty dull
    At the end of every mission i end up having like 20+ creeps on my side left and i feel bad losing all of them when i continue to the next mission without having even a proper last fight.

- Some missions were too easy and some were a bit harder, for exemple the pirate/boat mission was too easy (i ended up having 40 resurrected mobs at the end of it).

- In the last Mission the spell "Second opportunity" doesn't seem to work on most creeps, it worked only on wizard type mobs.

~~Positives~~

- So the entire necromancer concept of resurrecting dead creatures/enemies that last forever and creating an undead army was very cool, i liked it a lot!
    There is a lot of potential with this concept and i hope you will maybe do more missions/campaigns with it in the future.

- The story itself wasn't anything unique, just a revenge story, but it worked.

- Lots of new/interesting unit models, my favorite were of course the 2 main heroes and the Tidecrusher mini boss (especially watching him swim was really smooth and soothing :D)

smooth.gif
    - The optional quests were decent.

I overall enjoyed the campaign,it was good!

8. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yeah, i had problem with balancing enemy units, sometimes yes it's to easy. In the last mission i dissabled second opportunity for most of the creeps to make it little harder.

9. bufek12345678998

bufek12345678998

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hello. I really like this map so far, completed 2 mission. But i have a few questions.
    1. I found a pickaxe but couldnt use it anywhere, what is it for?
    2. The penguin from the shop?
    3. Where to find the item for ghost's optional quest?

10. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Pinguin is not used for anything, use pickaxe in mushroom circle near starting position.

11. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    So, is this campaign finished or do you have more maps to add to it?

12. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    finished

13. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Loading screen image should be better cropped, there are these weird white shapes at the edges.
    English needs a lot of correcting, but is understandable.
    Cutscenes are unskippable.

Given how important Second Chance is to gameplay, it should have a shorter cooldown and maybe cost less mana.

Prologue:
    Prologue doesn't send you to the next mission.

First level:
    Lone Champion's grave keeps spawning corpses.
    Bandit message can trigger from the other side of the trees.
    Family Reunion: Farmers can't be raised, which I thought was the point.
    Bloodfang: The sound plays, but the message is blank.
    The lowermost rock chunk of the secret passage into town should be removed; it's hard to see with the trees and prevents large units from passing.

Second level:
    Loading screen has no text or title.
    The two villagers mining a rock in the NE don't flee after yelling.
    The 4 ghosts wandering around are still around after the restless dead move on (also, surprised a necromancer would let them go instead of enslaving them).
    Purgers' Orb of Lightning effect is on their feet.
    There's a big blotch of blight with 3 summoning pedestals but nothing happens when Aneglur goes on it.
    No ending cutscene?

Interlude:
    No text on loading screen, just a title.
    The previous mission should end by killing Keagan (and have him further back in the city) instead of killing everyone in the city.
    Keagan has red hero glow.
    The footman attacking the troll towards the end of the scene dies without being hit.
    Aneglur is sometimes called Daemon.

Third level:
    No explanation as to why you're on an island all of a sudden?
    UI bug: the Quest and Menu buttons are shifted to the right for some reason.
    The pirate's cave should be better indicated, I only found it by accident because a unit had wandered in there.
    Ocean Master doesn't show its cooldown.
    The creeps from the sidequest were automatically killed on passing the northern gate.
    Ending cutscene needs a ceiling, you can see the sky in what's suposed to be a cave.

Fourth level:
    Why no more reanimating enemies?
    I'm not sure the ring actually works.
    It's possible to get stuck at the golem trap as the initial door turns invulnerable.
    Riddle isn't disabled after answering it correctly.
    Well that twist came out of nowhere.
    The boss should not have magical immunity.
    The endboss' Flame Strike is stupidly overpowered. I get that you're supposed to evade it, but it should not do that much damage.
    No ending cutscene.

Ending:
    This should have been the previous level's ending cutscene.

Overall, interesting mechanics, but the plot could be better.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  14. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If farmers die again after getting raised they will trigger quest again so i wanted to evade that.In second level when you use dust in middle of blight secret boss will appear, in interlude yeah ex name of aneglur was daemon i missed some of them, for unknown reason Keagan keep changing his hero glow everytime. Third map it seems i forgot to add explanation for being there, as for creeps getting killed it's because i wanted to balance it a bit. Reanimation is disabled for most creeps in fourth level for balancing, ring decreases mana cost for Aneglur and increases heal for Keagan if you noticed. Anyways thanks for pointing on mistakes.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  15. Againstallodds

Againstallodds

Resources:
    Resources:
    I liked the campaign. Most of the issues have been mentioned by other members. For me the maps are larger than they should be and the only thing i would like to add is a suggestion for second chance. I think that units given the 2nd chance should keep their abilities. So healers can heal etc. It would make a better micro playing game. To balance the equities you can make quests harder. Good effort in total.

16. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    ^^ Family Reunion: In that case, maybe instead of generic skeletons you could use undead villager models with names.

17. Caden J. DeBruyn

Caden J. DeBruyn

Resources:
    Resources:
    I really enjoyed the campaign and all of the detail in, from the unique corpses you can find and reanimate to the unique items that are involved along with a fun array of skills in the hero's additionally the creeps were very refreshing. With that said I do think it could benefit from more levels but I hope to see more from this in the future. Overall very fun campaign

18. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks, stay tuned i will release update soon

19. cleavinghammer

cleavinghammer

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    New version of 2nd chance: I like that it keeps the unit's abilities, but...
    Maybe have two non-hero spells, a debuff that reanimates the unit with its abilities, and the other animate a corpse without its abilities?

If Aneglur was a mage in life, why is he a fighter in undeath?

The Family Reunion cutscene played twice for some reason.

Two of the elite creeps have Command Aura.

2nd level:
    If you wait for the knights at the beginning, they go to the entrance of the city, but then turn back if Aneglur isn't in range.

20. Momowarlord

Momowarlord

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It would be too much to have 2 non-hero spells, How prologue says he abandoned magic and seeks power trough necromancy but why not to become battle-necromancer.
    I fixed family reunion trigger and creep, but for knight i checked it and it works fine they found me beyond the city entrance.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019