• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Randomizer 0: Da Boyz Depart

WARCRAFT III RANDOMIZER

Episode 0 - Da Boyz Depart

If you ever wanted to play campaign as some other faction, or to use specific unit, but did not know which - why not play all at once?

Features

Screenshots

How to play

Links

Credits

Notes

Known anomalies

Tech information

Updates

• All combat units owned by the user are randomized - on level start and when they finish training, they are replaced by a random racial unit of similar purpose, or by a neutral melee unit of corresponding in-editor level.
  • All heroes owned by the user are randomized - on first appearance as usable hero and on revival they are replaced by a random hero from melee and campaigns (including Arthas, Grom, Archimonde, Gul'dan, Evil Illidan, Mannoroth, etc.). They are transferred between levels without changes.
  • All units and heroes have a chance to create an extra free unit from campaign, or a special melee racial unit, or a special neutral unit of corresponding in-editor level.
  • All upgrades apply similar levels of similar racial upgrades, if possible.
  • Item stacking is enabled.
  • All pre-placed, purchased, and dropped items are randomized by in-editor level.
  • If player purchases a stackable item and already has an item of that type in the inventory, player will get a STACKING BONUS - purchased item will be saved, AND new item will also be generated.
  • Quest Items have been remade into powerups, and won't take space in your inventory.
  • All hero models are accessed, and some deleted models are returned, and HD-only models now have SD counterparts from community.
263249-f1000aeb916cc065a8172080ecc844ee.jpg
263259-cc56edb243cfa3257565318252c74a0c.jpg
263263-41dbe662d3731dd54eb90505ca693961.jpg
263256-de2ddf9d8bd5ca9993e108149ab39446.jpg
263254-04185476830d09b49c53ff0d53c8febc.jpg
263251-cb229f9b9a4d3044c2f18a545a00b263.jpg
263257-bbd0c76cafbe1876e78815923d4613cf.jpg
263247-e5c20c4f034b5888ec2debeee36b5742.jpg
263264-58d4f413e02495da63087c75a3c27473.jpg
263265-7f485b8311bf6061602c4d96e2f2bad9.jpg
263250-ceb1906367b68a6d9b69ead697d74b09.jpg
To use this custom campaign, put the campaign file (Randomized00-Prologue.w3n) into Documents/Warcraft III/Campaigns.
Classic and Reforged graphics are supported.
All levels are available from start. If you want to start from non-first level after completing it with new randomized heroes, you can remove cache folder Documents/Warcraft III/BattleNet/<long number here>/Campaigns/Custom/Randomizer00-Prologue.
ReadMe file can be found here.

To join my Discord Channel, click on this link.

If you decide to support me financially, here's link to my Patreon.

Story trailer

Gameplay trailer

Randomizer design and additional voicelines by Yevhen Snizhko (me).
Restored Classic RoC Space Orc, Gyrocopter, Catapult, Ballista by Karzama: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/lost-reign-of-chaos-models.329879/
Classic Demon Huntress icon by Karmondia: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/blood-elf-demon-huntress.325008/
Classic Death Dame Icon by 67chrome: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/btnwatcherdeathknight.121158/
Classic Mountless Thrall model by johnwar: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/warchief-thrall-dismounted-re-classic.332006/
Classic Nightmare Cenarius icon from WoW by Zenonoth: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/cenarius.334665/
Classic Nightmare Cenarius model by FerSZ: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/cenarius-nightmare-nightmare-keeper.309949/
Classic Daughter of the Sea Jaina icon by Scias: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/btnherojaina.327392/
Classic Daughter of the Sea Jaina model by kangyun: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/world-of-warcraft-jaina.307527/
Classic World Shaman Thrall icon by Sin'dorei300: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/btnwowthrall.213759/
Classic World Shaman Thrall model by Rubellu Sidus: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/elder-shaman-thrall.287234/
Classic Fallen King Arthas icon by PrinceYaser: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/btnarthas.313848/
Classic Fallen King Arthas model by Kuhneghetz: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/arthas-with-horse-frostmourne-version.48330/
Restored Reforged Beta RoC Furion by Retera: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/furion-reforged-beta.327199/
Reforged Thalassian Ballista by Adrenaso, Flinn, Mr Ogre man, VictorZ: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/thalassian-ballista-1-5.336553/
Reforged RoC Catapult model and icon, Reforged RoC Gyrocopter model by Tamplier: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/roc-mechanical-units-reforged.332051/
Reforged Space Orc model by Retera: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/chaos-space-orc-reforged.333105/
Reforged TFT Stagless Malfurion by Retera, with slight edits by Yevhen Snizhko: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/malfurion-without-stag-reforged.322458/ (edits not included)
Reforged Mountless Thrall by Retera, InsaneMonster: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/thrall-mountless-with-spell-and-attack.322490/
Discovery of Hidden Materials in the Editor by Goffterdom: https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads/list-of-hidden-material-within-the-world-editor.323961/
Early Testing, Community Consultation by Synergy.
Dialogue and Cinematic Consultation by Kyrylo Snizhko, Elena L'ubarova-Vinnik.
Additional tools used: Mini Mouse Macro, Shutter Encoder, Audacity, Ladik's Casc Viewer, Retera's Model Studio, OBS Studio, Sizer, War3 Model Editor.
Special thanks to GiantGrantGames, Synergy, Jayborino, Photoloss, Xetanth87, Kostyarik, Malmgrev, OutsiderXE, Tamplier, zam, XXXconanXXX, Water, InsaneMonster, Kyrylo Snizhko, Elena L'ubarova-Vinnik, CaptainHero, NarGalloth, Darg, Retera and Exide for inspiration, support, consultations, productive discussions and forum posts.
Inspired by Starcraft 2 Randomizer.
Original maps, models and icons by Blizzard Entertainment.

• Recommended sound and UI language - english (extra voicelines are only available in english currently).
  • On campaign screen sometimes wrong graphics setting is shown. Check in options which you've selected - it will be used for gameplay.
  • Extra units can be heroes - they will be revivable from altar and randomized on revival, but won't transfer to next level. If you get them, be careful with your items.
  • Difficulty may reset between levels. To avoid this, set difficulty in main campaign window (preferably in all avialable campaigns) to same value as in custom campaign. Be warned that this may not always work. If it indeed does not, exit campaign after every level and start new level with correct difficulty selected.
  • Levels 1 and 2 are based on classic maps, levels 3-5 are based on reforged maps. Unit balance is mostly based on current melee balance.
  • Some voicelines are based on Reforged remake (HELLSCREAM). I don't really want to do anything about it.
  • In Reforged mode some skyboxes are buggy in classic levels.
  • In Classic mode campaign heroes have less unique models.
  • All levels contain the following:
    = several new voice lines;
    = small terrain changes that are not critical for gameplay;
    = hidden neutral passive unit(s) with a unique name(s), placed in inaccessible by foot areas;
    = an IMPORTANT QUESTION message hinting at the hidden neutral passive unit(s);
    = slightly reworked cinematics;
    = level names are changed.
  • Shades are not randomized, and are included in set of extra melee units instead of main set.
  • Summoned units are not randomized.
  • There are no new abilities and effects, and no changed tooltips.
  • Reforged has portrait animations for all voicelines.

• RoC Illidan's Metamorphosis ability is toggleable - effect is not temporary, and re-activating it reverts Illidan to basic form - it was not planned to be used outside of original campaign, but I chose to not modify it.
  • Classic Female Demon Huntress Metamorphosis model is fully white due to unprocessed textures. I kept it so for fun.
  • If randomized purchased item is the same stackable item as the original, you will get two of the item instead of one - a relatively common occurrence, but I don't think it is too overpowered.
  • In Reforged mode, sometimes units stop using facial animations for their responses. It seems to be an engine bug.
=================================
LIST OF RANDOMIZER UNITS BY TIERS
=================================

Tier 0 (workers):
  • not randomized
  • a chance to get extra level 0 neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 1 (basic close-quarters unit):
  • Footman
  • Grunt
  • Ghoul
  • Huntress
  • random level 1 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 1 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 2 (basic ranged unit):
  • Rifleman
  • Headhunter
  • Crypt Fiend
  • Archer
  • random level 2 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 2 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 3 (harasser):
  • Knight
  • Raider
  • Abomination
  • Dryad
  • random level 3 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 3 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 4 (offensive spellcaster):
  • Sorceress
  • Shaman
  • Banshee
  • Druid of the Talon
  • random level 4 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 4 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 5 (support spellcaster):
  • Priest
  • Witch Doctor
  • Necromancer
  • Druid of the Claw
  • random level 5 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 5 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 6 (basic air unit):
  • Flying Machine
  • Wind Rider
  • Gargoyle
  • Hippogryph
  • random level 6 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 6 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 7 (siege unit):
  • Mortar Team
  • Demolisher (Catapult)
  • Meat Wagon
  • Glaive Thrower
  • random level 7 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 7 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 8 (specialized units):
  • Siege Engine
  • Tauren
  • Meat Wagon
  • Chimaera/Hippogryph Rider
  • random level 8 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 8 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 9 (ultimate units):
  • Gryphon Rider
  • Kodo Beast
  • Frost Wyrm
  • Chimaera/Hippogryph Rider
  • random level 9 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 9 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 10a (expansion air units)
  • Dragonhawk Rider
  • Batrider
  • Obsidian Statue/Destroyer
  • Faerie Dragon
  • random level 10 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 10 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 10g (expansion ground units):
  • Spellbreaker
  • Spirit Walker
  • Obsidian Statue
  • Mountain Giant
  • random level 10 melee neutral unit
  • a chance to get extra level 10 special neutral unit, a campaign unit, or a special melee racial unit.

Tier 10h (hero):
  • random melee or campaign hero

========
UPGRADES
========

Melee Attack:
  • Iron Forged Swords
  • Steel Melee Weapons
  • Unholy Strength
  • Strength of the Wild
  • Coral Blades

Ranged Attack:
  • Black Gunpowder
  • Steel Ranged Weapons
  • Creature Attack
  • Strength of the Moon
  • Coral Blades

Melee Armor:
  • Iron Plating
  • Steel Armor
  • Unholy Armor
  • Reinforced Hides
  • Coral Scales

Ranged Armor:
  • Studded Leather Armor
  • Steel Armor
  • Creature Carapace
  • Moon Armor
  • Coral Scales

Ultimate Unit Upgrades:
  • Storm Hammers
  • War Drums Damage Increase
  • Freezing Breath
  • Hippogryph Taming
  • Abolish Magic (Naga)

Basic Air Unit Upgrades:
  • Flying Machine Bombs
  • Envenomed Spears
  • Stone Form
  • Marksmanship
  • Abolish Magic (Naga)

Building Armor Upgrades:
  • Improved Masonry
  • Spiked Barricades
  • Nature's Blessing

Basic Close-Quarter Unit Upgrades:
  • Defend
  • Brute Strength
  • Cannibalize
  • Upgrade Moon Glaive
  • Ensnare (Naga)

Harasser Upgrade:
  • Animal War Training
  • Ensnare (Orc)
  • Disease Cloud
  • Abolish Magic (Night Elf)
  • Ensnare (Naga)

Basic Ranged Unit Upgrades:
  • Long Rifles
  • Troll Regeneration
  • Web
  • Improved Bows
  • Ensnare (Naga)

Support Spellcaster Upgrades:
  • Priest Training
  • Witch Doctor Training
  • Necromancer Training
  • Druid of the Claw Training
  • Naga Siren Training

Offensive Spellcaster Upgrades:
  • Sorceress Training
  • Shaman Training
  • Banshee Training
  • Druid of the Talon Training
  • Naga Siren Training

Resource Usage Upgrade:
  • Improved Lumber Harvesting
  • Pillage
  • Skeletal Longevity
  • Well Spring

Defensive Upgrades:
  • Magic Sentry
  • Reinforced Defenses
  • Ghoul Frenzy
  • Ultravision

Specialty Upgrades:
  • Flare
  • Berserker Upgrade
  • Skeletal Mastery
  • Sentinel

Expansion Ground Unit Upgrades:
  • Control Magic
  • Spirit Walker Training
  • Destroyer Form
  • Hardened/Resistant Skin

Siege Upgrades:
  • Barrage
  • Burning Oil
  • Exhume Corpses
  • Vorpal Blades

Backpacks:
  • Backpack (Human)
  • Backpack (Orc)
  • Backpack (Undead)
  • Backpack (Night Elf)

Special Effectiveness Upgrades 1:
  • Flak Cannons
  • Pulverize Damage Increase
  • Stone Form
  • Corrosive Breath

Special Effectiveness Upgrades 2:
  • Fragmentation Shards
  • Burning Oil
  • Disease Cloud
  • Mark of the Claw

Special Effectiveness Upgrades 3:
  • Sundering Blades
  • Pulverize Damage Increase
  • Disease Cloud
  • Mark of the Claw

Expansion Air Upgrades:
  • Cloud
  • Liquid Fire
  • Destroyer Form
  • Mark of the Talon
2023 August 7th

Bugfix

Soul item (from Orc08) is now droppable and can be sold to merchants.

-----------------------
2023 August 5th

New features

Some things are priceless...
Units and upgrades tooltips now describe what other units/upgrades you can/will receive.

... For everything else, there is Gold&Lumber.
Most campaign quest items in random loot now can be sold to merchants. Please note that a few items are dropped on hero death, so be careful.

-----------------------
2023 July 19th

Bugfixes

Expansion tech is now unavailable on levels 2, 3 and 5 - it was not intended to be available.
Akama's Shadowmeld will now correctly combine with Cloak of Shadows.
Akama will now appear higher on selection list.
Tinker will now correctly transfer skills between levels.
Mountless Thrall now has a visible model.

Balance changes

User's heroes that had Divine armor type now will have Hero armor type, and are no longer almost invincible.

New features

Bond, James Bond
Story heroes will now have name of actual hero in their name. For example: Thrall, Jaina Proudmoore; Thrall, Mal'Ganis; Thrall, Thrall.

Beware, beware the Daughter of the Sea
Melee heroes now have all their skins from Reforged - including female versions of Demon Hunter and Death Knight. HD models and icons that had no SD versions (Spoils of War skin) now have community-made classic counterparts.

Old School is cool
Units that had their models drastically changed in TFT or deleted in Reforged now have a chance to become their old selves. SD models that had no HD versions now have a Reforged counterpart, found in Blizzard assets or made by community.

-----------------------
2023 July 8th

Bugfixes

Hero will now correctly transfer from map 1 to map 2.
Hero will now get experience on map 2.

Contents

Randomizer 0: Da Boyz Depart (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Not very much going on but I guess it can pass as it's the first or there are few of its kind around... Maybe you can think of more randomizing stuff that can affect the gameplay experience overall. Approved. If you want more reviews, you should...
Level 2
This is great! Just tested the first two missions. I noticed the hero from the 1st mission didn't pass to the 2nd. Plus, the hero in the 2nd mission didn't gain any experience, being locked at level 2 since the beginning.

Level 4
This is great! Just tested the first two missions. I noticed the hero from the 1st mission didn't pass to the 2nd. Plus, the hero in the 2nd mission didn't gain any experience, being locked at level 2 since the beginning.
Thanks, first hotfix is now done!
Hero will now pass from level 1 to level 2 (mistake in cache reading).
Hero will now get experience on level 2 (he did not originally).

Level 6
I honestly was just thinking about this the other day and was wondering if this would even be possible and if someone would come up with this idea. Great to see it happened, can't wait to try it! Also wondered about Chaos Mod (a random effect every 30 seconds)

Few things from the first mission:

• The ACTUAL Thrall Far Seer model is invisible, when it says "Thrall is now Thrall"
  • I restarted several times to see if I got one of the broken heroes and I did, Cenarius. I recommend that you adjust these type of heroes that have Divine Armor because it just makes them invulnerable to damage

Last edited:
Level 4
I honestly was just thinking about this the other day and was wondering if this would even be possible and if someone would come up with this idea. Great to see it happened, can't wait to try it! Also wondered about Chaos Mod (a random effect every 30 seconds)
Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy it!

About Chaos mod - do you mean something like this: Steam Workshop::Random Chaos every 30 seconds ?

Level 6
Thanks, I hope you'll enjoy it!

About Chaos mod - do you mean something like this: Steam Workshop::Random Chaos every 30 seconds ?

Yep, random stuff happening every 30 seconds like: "fail current mission" or "set hero level to 10", just random positive and negative effects to the game.

Also check my edited message above

And love the silly voicelines haha, should be approved based just on that

Edit: Make sure you check the techtree properties for all the maps, as I'm in the 3rd mission and I'm able to train a shadow hunter from the altar

Attachments

• Sem Título.png
    Sem Título.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 59
Level 4
Yep, random stuff happening every 30 seconds like: "fail current mission" or "set hero level to 10", just random positive and negative effects to the game.

Also check my edited message above

And love the silly voicelines haha, should be approved based just on that

Edit: Make sure you check the techtree properties for all the maps, as I'm in the 3rd mission and I'm able to train a shadow hunter from the altar
About Thrall - it seems like you've got a mountless version. I'll look into it.

About Cenarius - I'll think whether to change their divine armor.

About techtree - I'm looking into it, because in development this did not occur.

I hope to roll out a patch this week.

About Chaos mod - I'm not currently able to juggle more than I already have on my hands, but I encourage you to do such mod. Please note that in WC3, the only two general things you can do in the editor with custom campaigns are importing sounds and customizing objects. Since Chaos Mod will have to be active on all levels, you'll need to put triggers for it in every map separately (like I did here), or create some script file to load in every map (I'm not sure how it is done).
Also note that having a 'LoL, you lost' as a random event is not fun - even with negative events player should have at least an illusion of chance to counteract it, and plain defeat is not counteractable.

Level 6
About Chaos mod - I'm not currently able to juggle more than I already have on my hands, but I encourage you to do such mod. Please note that in WC3, the only two general things you can do in the editor with custom campaigns are importing sounds and customizing objects. Since Chaos Mod will have to be active on all levels, you'll need to put triggers for it in every map separately (like I did here), or create some script file to load in every map (I'm not sure how it is done).
Also note that having a 'LoL, you lost' as a random event is not fun - even with negative events player should have at least an illusion of chance to counteract it, and plain defeat is not counteractable.
And only positive effects happening isn't fun either. Chaos mod is about unpredictability and expecting the unexpected. Now that I think about it, you made a good point about the losing mission effect, not because it's annoying but because how game saving works in WC3 completely defeats the purpose of that event. But I was just basing the whole concept of "Chaos mod" off another game, Grand Theft Auto because that's where chaos mod is most known on :)

Level 4
this is campaign is great
what i liked
1. The extra dialoge in the cutscenes it made me not skip the cutscenes
2. Your hero can get very op if luck is in your favor
what seemed questionable
Why do i get very weak neutral units from the bestiary like
a giant skeleton warrior he does 10-12 damage has 330 hp would be better if it was a grunt level unit,
a poison trient has 220 hp does 20 damage has poison attack and rotes spell would be better as a witch doctor or shaman level unit

Suggestions
randomize the hero every time you start a mission like at the start it displays "Thrall randomized to X hero unit" like what happaned at the start of the first mission of the prologue

Level 4
this is campaign is great
what i liked
1. The extra dialoge in the cutscenes it made me not skip the cutscenes
2. Your hero can get very op if luck is in your favor
what seemed questionable
Why do i get very weak neutral units from the bestiary like
a giant skeleton warrior he does 10-12 damage has 330 hp would be better if it was a grunt level unit,
a poison trient has 220 hp does 20 damage has poison attack and rotes spell would be better as a witch doctor or shaman level unit

Suggestions
randomize the hero every time you start a mission like at the start it displays "Thrall randomized to X hero unit" like what happaned at the start of the first mission of the prologue
Thanks for feedback!

Adressing your concerns:
I 'grouped' neutral units on their in-editor level, and put them in tiers based mainly on human tech tree. There were several complicated criteria I've used. I am still considering some rebalancing, but if it will continue to be a real issue, I may even consider simply putting all melee neutral units in one general pool.

I was considering randomizing hero on every level, but I'm not really fond of it for two reasons. Mainly because when hero is replaced, they lose all tomes that were acquired and all abilities (unless the replacing hero has same abilities). If I'll decide and manage to add a system to restore them, it will be added not earlier than with human campaign. Also I'd like to keep the story continuous, and changing hero at the start creates confusion, especially in intermissions and levels with combat beginning (human05, orc03 are main examples).

Notes on positive feedback:
At some point you'll definitely get irritated by new voicelines, so feel free to skip the cutscenes :)

And while with good luck it is possible to get/make an OP hero, during testing I managed to get some very bad rolls, most notably on level 4 - it is quite possible to get to the end without an army.

Level 13
This seems really cool and fun. It was even funny for a bit.

I'm not sure why you eventually thought to yourself 'If I repeat the same unrelated joke over and over again, it's gonna be VERY funny, because that's definitely what comedy is all about.'

Besides my issues with this and some weird stuff happening in ch3 like a random hero appearing out of nowhere??? and some techtree errors like Shadow Hunter and Voodoo Lounge being available, I had a good time with this, so good luck if you're gonna continue with this.

Level 4
This seems really cool and fun. It was even funny for a bit.

I'm not sure why you eventually thought to yourself 'If I repeat the same unrelated joke over and over again, it's gonna be VERY funny, because that's definitely what comedy is all about.'

Besides my issues with this and some weird stuff happening in ch3 like a random hero appearing out of nowhere??? and some techtree errors like Shadow Hunter and Voodoo Lounge being available, I had a good time with this, so good luck if you're gonna continue with this.
Thank you for feedback!

Techtree issues are being investigated.

Random hero is a unit that can appear as a bonus unit when training certain units (bonus units may appear with 5% chance).

About that joke - I know that I went a bit too far. In further campaigns I intend to repeat jokes a bit less :)

Level 4
Thanks for feedback!

Adressing your concerns:
I 'grouped' neutral units on their in-editor level, and put them in tiers based mainly on human tech tree. There were several complicated criteria I've used. I am still considering some rebalancing, but if it will continue to be a real issue, I may even consider simply putting all melee neutral units in one general pool.

I was considering randomizing hero on every level, but I'm not really fond of it for two reasons. Mainly because when hero is replaced, they lose all tomes that were acquired and all abilities (unless the replacing hero has same abilities). If I'll decide and manage to add a system to restore them, it will be added not earlier than with human campaign. Also I'd like to keep the story continuous, and changing hero at the start creates confusion, especially in intermissions and levels with combat beginning (human05, orc03 are main examples).

Notes on positive feedback:
At some point you'll definitely get irritated by new voicelines, so feel free to skip the cutscenes :)

And while with good luck it is possible to get/make an OP hero, during testing I managed to get some very bad rolls, most notably on level 4 - it is quite possible to get to the end without an army.
i think you misunderstand me on the new voice lines
i really like those when i play remaster of a classic campaign i skip cause i know whats gonna be said
with the new voice lines I actually watch the cutscenes
and i liked the rule of 3
first time was medivh was interrupted
second time the sea witch got interrupted
the third time was thrall got interrupted by his own men lmao

Level 4
i think you misunderstand me on the new voice lines
i really like those when i play remaster of a classic campaign i skip cause i know whats gonna be said
with the new voice lines I actually watch the cutscenes
and i liked the rule of 3
first time was medivh was interrupted
second time the sea witch got interrupted
the third time was thrall got interrupted by his own men lmao
I undestand. It's just that I had to listen to them a lot, and at some point it became... tiring.

Level 4
Currently discovered bugs are fixed, but I'd like to add a few more QoL things and features. It may take several extra days compared to what I had in mind.

Should I update the bugs this week, or are people willing to wait for extra stuff?

Level 6
Currently discovered bugs are fixed, but I'd like to add a few more QoL things and features. It may take several extra days compared to what I had in mind.

Should I update the bugs this week, or are people willing to wait for extra stuff?
You should finish up this campaign at once and move on to better things. This campaign itself isn't very interesting. Great introduction and guide to your concept though

Level 4
New update is released, with bugfixes and features!

2023 July 19th

Bugfixes

Expansion tech is now unavailable on levels 2, 3 and 5 - it was not intended to be available.
Akama's Shadowmeld will now correctly combine with Cloak of Shadows.
Akama will now appear higher on selection list.
Tinker will now correctly transfer skills between levels.
Mountless Thrall now has a visible model.

Balance changes
User's heroes that had Divine armor type now will have Hero armor type, and are no longer almost invincible.

New features

Bond, James Bond
Story heroes will now have name of actual hero in their name. For example: Thrall, Jaina Proudmoore; Thrall, Mal'Ganis; Thrall, Thrall.

Beware, beware the Daughter of the Sea
Melee heroes now have all their skins from Reforged - including female versions of Demon Hunter and Death Knight. HD models and icons that had no SD versions (Spoils of War skin) now have community-made classic counterparts.

Old School is cool
Units that had their models drastically changed in TFT or deleted in Reforged now have a chance to become their old selves. SD models that had no HD versions now have a Reforged counterpart, found in Blizzard assets or made by community.

Level 11
Well, I played through this. It was definitely interesting. I can joke about how the randomness functions of this campaign made me have an existential crisis, but that wouldn't really be helpful in this. Instead, I'll point out the only real issue I have with this.
I feel like quest-based items should be left out of the randomly picked items. I've seen both the Mooncrystal from the Undead Campaign and the Heart of Searinox from the Human campaign, nether of which are worth considering, and I'd rather not save-scum in order to get better items.
Overall, interesting idea with a fun execution. Beside the item issue, maybe have some kind of list of units that fall into the same category, if just so I can go "Ah, so this is what I'll get from training this unit!".

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Not very much going on but I guess it can pass as it's the first or there are few of its kind around...
Maybe you can think of more randomizing stuff that can affect the gameplay experience overall.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/