• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #8 - Food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 45
I have no idea.

peaarssss.png

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Urr.. so yeah, sorry about the style, Dio, didn't see your pear before I made my pineapple.

PineappleBaseOld.png

Think I'll be doing a few in this style and pick out the best three.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

BreadRollsBase.png
MeatBase.png
PineappleBase.png

As my screen seems to be a little off on the calibration, I would prefer to have some feedback on the brightness of these - too bright or too dark?

I'll hopefully work on a few more, but if I don't find the time and inspiration, this'll be my entry.

Attachments

• BTNMeat.blp
    4.5 KB · Views: 61
  • BTNPineapple.blp
    5.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DISBTNBreadRolls.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DISBTNMeat.blp
    6.2 KB · Views: 60
  • BTNBreadRolls.blp
    4.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DISBTNPineapple.blp
    2.7 KB · Views: 60
Level 27
Okay I'm totally crazy then.

I don't know if you decreased the glowiness of the pineapple or it's just because of size decrease, but it looks kinda less of an eye-sore.
The bread looks great, though those white dots should be less contrasting with the bread itself. Just a tinny little bit smoother, that's it.
Th meat is, honestly, perfect. Except maybe for it's red background glow beeing a bit smaller than other item's glow.

And this kinda reminds me of Aiur Chef.

Level 7
I'm in!
I have decided to create and finish each icon sequentially, and not work on all of them at once. Here's my first WIP preview of my hamburger icon:

Hamburger Preview 1.png

It is about 25% done -- a quarter of the way. I plan to have at least 75% of it finished by the end of today, if not the entire icon finished. Yes, I know, "N00B SHADING! OMW, FLAT COLOURS FTL! IT'S MISSING THE BOTTOM HALF, LOL! IT'S WAY TOO SMALL FOR AN ICON; THE BORDERS ARE SO GONNA PWN THAT N0BSH!Y@T LOL!" Please keep in mind it's only a quarter's way done! I have yet to refine and enhance the shading and add the bottom half. Also, I do know that it's a bit too large, but I have special arrangements in mind with that in Photoshop :wink:

Considering I still have 9 days until the deadline, I'm sure I'll be able to have all three done. :3
Hope it goes well with all contestants! It looks like I have some serious competition. Dunno if I'll come close to winning this one (that's right, Darkdeathnight and Shiik, I'm blaming you guys :xxd:), but it's worth a shot xD

Last edited:
Uuuh darn, gues my points will suffer mostly by "Blizzard Feel" factor. Blizzard icons dont have such a hard shading. Also Blizzard have created Pumkin Icon (i dont even knew that; should check it) :/
icons_1015_btn.jpg
99219d1299866671-phoenix-trial-8-btnpumkin.jpg

Look at this. My version is too dark, not so colorfull, smaller (though it will looks nice if it will be almost near borders). I should have made something else.

Level 30
Uuuh darn, gues my points will suffer mostly by "Blizzard Feel" factor. Blizzard icons dont have such a hard shading. Also Blizzard have created Pumkin Icon (i dont even knew that; should check it) :/
icons_1015_btn.jpg

Look at this. My version is too dark, not so colorfull, smaller (though it will looks nice if it will be almost near borders). I should have made something else.

Yours looks better by far. Also, The night elf icons are shaded like your icons. It'll fit in perfectly.

Level 31
What about seafood? There arent any contestants doing it, cept Dentothor if you say that is seafood.
Other stuff you could do are
Caveman food (rawish meat and berry crap)
Alien fruit
poultry
packaged foods (pastas, potato chips, tuna can etc.)

I cant think of anything else. Sorry.

thanks for the ideas, i'll do seafood or fruits

Level 27
icons_1015_btn.jpg

No, leave it. It looks great with other Blizz icons (As far as "other Blizz icons" are not pumpkin icons), plus it has a very high quality comparing to any other icon submitted currently.

Level 7
Ugh, I hate to say it, but I have no choice but to withdraw... Spent most of my Saturday free time terraining Windu's Shadowbark Survival map... And this week is going to be pretty hectic for me. My apologies everyone, but I'm out. Sorry to all those concerned. Hope it goes well for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.