• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
What i've made until now:
Sadly this is Jpg files, so it looks a bit wrong. Will be updated later on.

Attachments

• DISBTNBreathofFire_V2.jpg
    DISBTNBreathofFire_V2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 135
  • DISBTNEarthQuake_V2.jpg
    DISBTNEarthQuake_V2.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 159
  • BTNBreathofFire_V2.jpg
    BTNBreathofFire_V2.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 122
  • BTNEarthQuake_V2.jpg
    BTNEarthQuake_V2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 126
Level 6
Any icier? D:
icyicy.jpg

I have..10, maybe more alternates for the bg that I've made, this is probably the best so far. =/

Working on two things at once probably isn't the best idea, but:
beeeeeeeeeetle.jpg
Still very much a wip.

>_>;;

I hate that I keep ending up on tops of pages.

*hides*

Level 6
Caeyra that frost armour and carrion bettle looks too cartoonish and does not have any wc3 feel at all.

Your ressurrection icon looks like jesus is coming down from the skies lol.

Death and decay a decaying apple lol <3.

@Terradon

Your bash icon doesn't fit into wc3 theme.

What's with that green eye got to do with far sight?

@Revolve

That storm earth fire seems like a comic strip drawn style.

Level 18
It still just looks like a glow, because it's n the background instead of the foreground. Make it overlap the Lich layer.

@WraithSeeker: Could you please stop critisising everything you meet on this forum? Comments are nice, but keep them constructive and don't bring everything you see down. If you got bad comments, you should also give some suggestions.

PS: If you read the posts you'd read that the Bash icon was just a WIP, not a final...

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
Are you honestly considering letting people post as many icons as they want (even only judging 4)? That's insanely imbalanced. That gives people with more time or better skills a much larger chance at winning, by crowding out everyone else. Seriously, 4 entries per person. o_O

All in all, I'm seeing loads of really amazing artwork here for icons, but only very few of them (and none recently) look like they would fit into Warcraft 3, to me. :<

Are you honestly considering letting people post as many icons as they want (even only judging 4)? That's insanely imbalanced. That gives people with more time or better skills a much larger chance at winning, by crowding out everyone else. Seriously, 4 entries per person. o_O

All in all, I'm seeing loads of really amazing artwork here for icons, but only very few of them (and none recently) look like they would fit into Warcraft 3, to me. :<

i dont see you coming u with any good icons at all. let alone 4. and it doesn't overcrowd them. if you were paying attention, the judges only pick the best 4 and judge them. its completly fair.

I dont understand how you make soo cool logos, this is the best i can make:

The first one i used some textures, the second i followed a pro tut..

(I get the background tho)

ok the first one looks good but considering the bottom one it leads me to belive it is a CnP.
but the bottom one... is it build??? if it is that isn't a hero ability and will be disqualifyed if you enter it.

and here is an update on Frost Armour

Attachments

• FrostArmour (2).jpg
    FrostArmour (2).jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 158
Level 14
Dentothor said:
if you were paying attention, the judges only pick the best 4 and judge them. its completly fair.
No, actually, it's quite unfair and a very poor contest mechanic. Just thought I'd chime in and let you know.

Level 16
I think it's better to submit only 4 icons yeah. If you enter more, people will vote for different icons based on what they like, so you have more chance on winning. If you have only 4, people will need to give their opinion on those 4 and not first picking the best out of them and then comparing those to other entries.

Just pick the best 4 yourself and enter them ;)

I agree that each contestant should only submit 4 icons. Having more gives them an unfair advantage because they have more of a chance at getting votes and winning.
If you only have four, than those are the four that are judged.
If you have more than four, than that gives backup icons, which are unfair.

then thats why you dont be lazy and try harder to get that first place!

Level 10
Yes, but if a judge decides which icons go through based on which they see as best, the contestant can essentially just spew out a shitstorm of variable quality icons, and only get good response. I think people should be allowed to make as many icons for it as they want, so long as they themselves choose which 4 of those icons they submit.

Level 17
@Terradont

Your bash icon doesn't fit into <acronym title="Warcraft 3">wc3</acronym> theme.

What's with that green eye got to do with far sight?
Bash is as said before an WIP, and Far Sight, well, it's an orc eye. The Far Seer is an orc. And the iris is what he is actually seeing, and that part is inspired by the original.
So i can't figure out what this icon doesn't have to do with Far Sight.

Damn, i've missed much by being away 1 day o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.