• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Phoenix Trial #6 - Themed Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 38
About 2 weeks i think. Or one, not sure.

A contests starting and ending date are part of the contest templates, so you should always be able to find them on the first page of the contest. Just keep in mind some countries place the day before the month, some place the month before the day, with that in mind you should be able to figure out when this contest ends.

Level 31
My theme is the Sword/Blade/Dagger...

Magic Rock Dagger:
Description, A dagger made with a Magic Rock :p. BTN :
icons_9236_btn.jpg
DISBTN :
icons_9236_disbtn.jpg

Furious Sword:
Description, A very heavy sword. Only powerful Warriors are able to wear it. BTN :
icons_9270_btn.jpg
DISBTN :
icons_9270_disbtn.jpg

Energy Sword:
Description, A Blade that steals the energy of the attacked unit. BTN :
icons_9257_btn.jpg
DISBTN :
icons_9257_disbtn.jpg

Holy Sword:
Description, The sword that is carried by every paladin. BTN :
icons_9346_btn.jpg
DISBTN :
icons_9346_disbtn.jpg

Works in Progress :

150x150_Holy_Sword.jpg150x150_Furious_Sword.jpg150x150_Furious_Sword2.jpg350x350_Magic_Rock_Dagger.jpg150x150_Energy_Sword.jpg

In Game Image :
View attachment WC3ScrnShot_101809_120315_01.tga

I think it is my final icons... i dont think i can win something with this lol.. but im the lil noobish of the Contest, and other icons are awesome :p

Last edited:
Well, I have to create the upgrades for my Tuskarr race.. wich is basicly, a Unit armor upgrade (wich could be easily an item), A unit weapond upgrade. (Wich could be easily an item) for example.. so.. that's why i'm asking

cause if they turned out better than my Druid icons (wich could happen) I would rather choose this theme :D

Level 11
Only few days left, and i was thinking that my talisman icons (ive been makeing them for my map) arnt that bad, in fact i think they might be better than my dwarf icons so please tell me what you think, altho im still missing one talisman, 3 of these are main talismans in my map so i did them first here are jpg-s and loading screen just to show off.

Attachments

• Talisman Master.jpg
    Talisman Master.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 157
  • BTNUnholyTalisman.jpg
    BTNUnholyTalisman.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 181
  • BTNOldCrossTalisman.jpg
    BTNOldCrossTalisman.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 176
  • BTNHolyTalisman.jpg
    BTNHolyTalisman.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 170
Final Entry
The Kanabō

The Kanabō was a Giant spiked club made of Wood, Steel or Metal. Because of its sheer weight, only a few soldiers carried it. It was more of a mythical weapon, often used in tales by the great Japanese demons "oni" since the oni were extremely strong and could carry these mammoth weapons and so were feared by many superstitious people. Today there is a saying in Japanese that says, "Like giving a kanabō to an oni" — which means to give an extra advantage to someone already holding all the cards.
The Kusarigama

Kusarigama are interesting weapons which evolved from Kama; the farming sickle, to incorporate a length of chain with a weight at the end.

Kusarigama are a notoriously difficult weapon to master, but someone skilled in Kusarigamajutsu can use the weapon in a variety of ways, such as…

* Swinging the weight on the chain to distract or strike an enemy before moving in with the blade.
* Disarming an enemy at range by entangling their weapon.
* Entangling the enemy themselves.
* Striking a deadly or injuring blow to the enemy with the weight.
* Holding the weight and swinging to strike the enemy with the bladed end.

Kusarigama certainly added a whole new dimension to the Kama, particularly greater range.

Of course, Kusarigama from different regions and periods vary, but the most prominent difference is some Kusarigama have the chain attached to the upper-end of the weapon (usually on a loop on the near side of the blade, or to a hold made in the near of the blade) or to the butt of the handle. Differences also occur in the length of the blade, the size and shape of the weight as well as chain length.
The Tessen
Tessen were designed to look like harmless and average folding fans or solid clubs shaped to look like a closed fan. They are on the contrary folding fans with outer spokes made of ion. Samurai could carry these to places where swords or other overt weapons were not allowed. Tessens was also used to fend off arrows and darts, as a throwing weapon, and in swimming.
The Hachiwari
Hachiwari or “helmet breaker” was a type of blunt, knife-shaped weapon that looks like a jutte. The blade of a hachiwara was a curved triangular rod with a hook on its backside, making it easy to parry an opponent’s sword or hook into an opponent’s helmet.

Last edited:
Level 24
Night Elf Hero Weapons - Iconset for the Phoenix Trial #6
by palaslayer

icons_9118_btn.jpg
icons_9118_disbtn.jpg
icons_9118_pas.jpg
icons_9118_disbtn.jpg

icons_9105_btn.jpg
icons_9105_disbtn.jpg
icons_9105_pas.jpg
icons_9105_disbtn.jpg

icons_9106_btn.jpg
icons_9106_disbtn.jpg
icons_9106_pas.jpg
icons_9106_disbtn.jpg

icons_9127_btn.jpg
icons_9127_disbtn.jpg
icons_9127_pas.jpg
icons_9127_disbtn.jpg

though i am not really pleased with what i made this shall be my final entry since i have no time to change it and i ran out of ideas. i hope you still like it!
good luck to every contestant, may the best win!

ps: oh, and i forgot, here is my complete work attached to the post.

Attachments

• phoenixtrial6.rar
    13.4 MB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Level 30
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• headphonedisbtnpreview.jpg
    headphonedisbtnpreview.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 530
  • turntablesdisbtnpreview.jpg
    turntablesdisbtnpreview.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 487
  • turntablesbtnpreview.jpg
    turntablesbtnpreview.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 486
  • headphonebtnpreview.jpg
    headphonebtnpreview.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 479
  • BTNmicpreview.jpg
    BTNmicpreview.jpg
    1.8 KB · Views: 495
  • DISBTNmicpreview.jpg
    DISBTNmicpreview.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 494
  • BTNdiscpreview.jpg
    BTNdiscpreview.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 540
  • DISBTNdiscpreview.jpg
    DISBTNdiscpreview.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 491
  • final.zip
    26.8 KB · Views: 65
Now that is the true baby bottle pop. That is win.

Stanikin Skywalker said:
Only one more left. :)

One more DAY left as well. :p

And to all... This has been a great improvment in my icon art skills and i am happy to see that a lot of you have improved drastically as well. Great work. All of you. My the Best Man Win...

Level 15
AoP, no offense, but didn't you start making some of those icons before the contest begun?
I don't know if it is allowed, but the bow for example, didn't you start making it, ad submitted it to the Hive before the contest begun? And the helmet is just a recolor of your old helm, which I am pretty ure you started making before the contest.

Pretty sure i didn't.

I had entered the bow for my first entry when the trail had already begun. Which was fire then i made it into ice too match my set.

And keeping track of my icons? Hmm. Well ill just make another icon so you all can keep your comments too yourself.

umm im not keeping track. it just says it on the resource urls when you submitted it. :p

Level 15
Yeah, no problems now, end of discussion. Sorry for starting it, just didn't want any drama when the voting begun ;)
And AoP, don't say "Revolve started this all". You started it by submitting an icon that violated the contest rules ;)
But AoP, I must say I really really like all the icons you made. You are very talented, and I see improvement by every icon you make :D Keep it up :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.