• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Phoenix Trial #5 - Hero Ability Icon Replacements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I don't have any good icons, because I haven't made any icons at all! I might try to make some myself with this theme. If they're good enough, I might join this contest. However, the chance that mine will beat Mr. Goblin's Death Coil will be close to zero :gg:

PS: I can imagine the Inferno to be hard to edit, like you said. So maybe it's a good idea to make a detailed larger drawing of an inferno and paste that in your icon. It might be a lot easier then to draw on a miniature image.

I think we all have a shit chance at beating mr goblin. BannanaHut comes close but he can't be beat

And i never thought of that!!! JEEZ!!! k imma gon do that now

Level 15
Small update on healing wave. Tried to make the units look real and not silouette, but to do so I realised i needed to remove very much and start almost from scratch. Will do my best to improve how it already is =D

I am not sure if I can make the Hex better either... Hmm.. Will do my best

Attachments

• BTNHealingWave.jpg
    BTNHealingWave.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 134
Level 26
I haz made another one, but i like this one alot better than the previous one. I will probably skip using Shadow Strike in the contest. x.x

These are the ones i currently have. Far Sight & Shadow Strike.

looks good so far, but I think it would be nice if you would try to match the far seer´s skin color a bit more/ make it look more like the far seer in general :)

Well, here's the my submission.
This contest's aim was the creation of at least 4 possible replacements for "Hero Ability Icons".

I enter this contest with the 6 following replacements.

My choosen icons are
  • 1 BTNAnimateDead (Death Knight)
  • 2 BTNInferno (Dread Lord)
  • 3 BTNRainOfFire (Pit Lord)
  • 4 BTNSleep (Dread Lord)
  • 5 BTNSilence (Banshee Ranger)
  • 6 BTNHolyLight (Paladin)

And here we go!

56133d1243803417-phoenix-trial-5-btnpanimatedead.png
[c]
56128d1243803352-phoenix-trial-5-btninferno.png
[c]
56129d1243803352-phoenix-trial-5-btnrainoffire.png
[c]
56132d1243803352-phoenix-trial-5-btnsleep.png
[c]
56131d1243803352-phoenix-trial-5-btnsilence.png
[c]
56130d1243803352-phoenix-trial-5-btnholylight.png
[c]

I wish everyone good luck. May the most creative, qualitative and matching icon win.

Attachments

• BTNInferno.rar
    29.1 KB · Views: 30
  • BTNRainOfFire.rar
    28.2 KB · Views: 36
  • BTNHolyLight.rar
    26 KB · Views: 35
  • BTNSilence.rar
    28.6 KB · Views: 24
  • BTNSleep.rar
    26.5 KB · Views: 35
  • BTNAnimateDead.rar
    24.8 KB · Views: 28
  • BTNSleep.png
    BTNSleep.png
    9 KB · Views: 361
  • BTNSilence.png
    BTNSilence.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 358
  • BTNRainOfFire.png
    BTNRainOfFire.png
    9.9 KB · Views: 341
  • BTNInferno.png
    BTNInferno.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 373
  • BTNHolyLight.png
    BTNHolyLight.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 349
  • BTNPAnimateDead.png
    BTNPAnimateDead.png
    9.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Level 24
Well, here's the my submission.
This contest's aim was the creation of at least 4 possible replacements for "Hero Ability Icons".

I enter this contest with the 6 following replacements.

My choosen icons are
  • BTNAnimateDead (Death Knight)
  • BTNInferno (Dread Lord)
  • BTNRainOfFire (Pit Lord)
  • BTNSleep (Dread Lord)
  • BTNSilence (Banshee Ranger)
  • BTNHolyLight (Paladin)
EPICWIN.jpg

Level 18
Sure. It's always good to have some backup. If it turns out better then one of the icons you've already created, you're only going to increase your chances. And since you've got 4 icons now, you can also not submit that 5th icon if it doesn't turn out too well.
In other words: You can only win.

Yea, that icon is probably the best. The least best of those 6 (in my opinion) is Sleep, because it makes me think of hypnosis more then sleep. Still a well made icon.

It's pretty easy.
The judges choose the four best of them (in their opinion) and ignore the weak ones.

Sure. It's always good to have some backup. If it turns out better then one of the icons you've already created, you're only going to increase your chances. And since you've got 4 icons now, you can also not submit that 5th icon if it doesn't turn out too well.
In other words: You can only win.

That's exactly what i was planning to do. Me iz evul.

Level 15
Heres my first 2 icons, almost finished;

Also the third one, Storm, Earth and Fire (Serpent Ward and Big Bad Voodoo are just meh). It's just a WIP, the fire might need a remake, the clouds/lightning, and some dust from the earth. Lol and also, the Panda face looks kind of coopied, but I promise I did it :p

Attachments

• Storm, Earth and Fire.jpg
    Storm, Earth and Fire.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Black Arrows?
I think neither Unholy Frenzy or Summon Skeletons are hero abilities.

Anyway, the panda was just something I added in last moment. I will change the concept abit.

they arent. and dont change the storm earth and fire, cuz you cant really change it without f*ckin it up. and im doing pheonix for my final one. ill come out with some wips later.

EDIT: ok ive finished the backround! now im working on the pheonix!

and that is fucking awsome

EDIT: ok this is the icon. Any hints,comments or ideas?

Attachments

• BTNPheonix.jpg
    BTNPheonix.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 186
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.