• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30 PTR Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screen Shot 2018-08-03 at 6.39.10 PM.png
Patch 1.30 PTR Update

Apologies for the delay in posting this. Patch 1.30 PTR got an update three days ago! (build 1.30.0.9852) Mostly balance changes and gameplay fixes. Not much for modders, but the balance changes are pretty juicy. Read the full list of changes [here].

Note: If you've been experiencing mouse lag, please do the following:
  • Enable the oscursor registry setting for Warcraft III to draw the operating system cursor alongside the Warcraft III mouse cursor
  • Create a screen recording of your mouse moving around within Warcraft III
  • Create a post here with a link to your video. Be sure to include system specs as well!
To enable the oscursor registry setting, refer to the post linked above:
Pete Stilwell said:
When submitting reports of mouse lag please include a video and system specs. To do so, follow these steps:
  • Run regedit
  • Blizzard entertainment -> warcraft iii -> Video -> Right-click -> New DWORD 32 bit value
  • Value name -> oscursor
  • Set to 1

Last edited:
Level 7
Mountain Giant taunt activates twice??

I wonder if they will have to stop to cast/play an animation. Sounds weird!
Well, problem is, i cannot increase the limit of lure enemies with Taunt from 10 to 20 or any number of units to attack the unit.

It's hard to make Taunt and it's later unit or hero levels lure a hundred enemies to attack the guy/gal. :(

Level 13
How the new taunt works? Is a charged ability, or just double taping?

It's pretty much as expected, not really any new mechanics, it's in the same vein as the KotG Tranquility invulnerability change, it's additional functionality with no extra effort.

MG casts Taunt

Up to 10 nearby enemies get ordered to attack MG

3 seconds later, Blue Taunt effect plays on the MG again, up to 10 nearby enemies get ordered to attack MG once more.

Level 18
It's really nice that they're focusing on melee updates, hopefully the editor gets the much improved core features that are missing from JNGP so that we can finally continue editing our maps with the increased stuff that they added a few patches ago, which we still cannot use due to the default limits that regular editor/sharpcraft have.

Level 19
I really hope that the upgrades that are mentioned here and in the other 1.30 changelog to be removed are not removed entirely from the object data.
Else I think that much custom stuff using the "Latest melee patch" option will be broken.

Any input on that, @Kam, @MindWorX?

Thats a serious fear. but I'm sure they will still work and they just moved things around a bit. They might have only put that master training turns on skelegnton longevity and the other spell, for example.

Thats a serious fear. but I'm sure they will still work and they just moved things around a bit. They might have only put that master training turns on skelegnton longevity and the other spell, for example.

Wait, Skeletal Longevity was removed? That's sad. I'll miss that upgrade. What about Reign of Chaos? Skeletal Mastery is Frozen Throne-only upgrade. So now they are screwing up vanilla War3, too? The RoC campaign references that upgrade.

@Kam @MindWorX

Mr. Kam: Oh boohoo, let me play a sad song in the world's smallest violin.

*Sad song plays*

Skeletal Longevity: Mr. Kam, I'm being serious.

*Sad song stops as Skeletal Longevity speaks*

Mr. Kam: I know, this is the world's smallest violin.

Thanos: You should've gone for the head.

*Snaps*

Skeletal Longevity: Mr. Mastery, I don't feel so good...

*Skeletal Longevity disintegrates to dust*

S.L and S.M.: Odr brodr blindr

*Blinding effects*

* S.L. violently swings it's weapon towards Blizzard *

* Blizzard parties, and flings the weapon thrust at it, violently landing two successive hits at S.L. with the PTR patch.*

* A wringing kind of pain, nothing to be concerned about*

* As the blows get ricocheted, the final blow decides the fate of S.L.*

S.M.: S.L., noooo....
How did you ... you son of a bitch.
*S.M. promptly flees the scene, leaving behind S.L, as an act of cowardice*

Kam: Come on! I'll rip your techtree off!

*As Kam utters these words, the inevitable illness grips, without restraint*

*Kam, coughing, unknowingly spits out blood, the playerbase*

Last edited:
I really hope that the upgrades that are mentioned here and in the other 1.30 changelog to be removed are not removed entirely from the object data.
Else I think that much custom stuff using the "Latest melee patch" option will be broken.
Can you explain to me the rational of using the melee game data set in your campaigns? Isn't there a danger that your campaign will break in each and every patch, when Blizzard alters something (e.g. by moving units to different buildings or changing techtree requirements)?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
What is the rational of not using it?
Blizzard did not update WarCraft 3 for YEARS, there wasn't really any rational reason not to use
the melee game data that changes the balancing regarding the different units, abilities, upgrades etc.
There was no way of knowing that it would change for a long time.

I am not the only one using the latest melee patches. As far as I am aware, Turnro uses them as well.

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I haven't started my campaign yet, but I wouldn't think otherwise but to turn it on, personally. For the above realmsr, but also simply because I would want the most balanced, updated version of things.

What would it mess up (aside from maybe calculations about how many units will die in a given cutscene, say)?

I haven't started my campaign yet, but I wouldn't think otherwise but to turn it on, personally. For the above realmsr, but also simply because I would want the most balanced, updated version of things.

What would it mess up (aside from maybe calculations about how many units will die in a given cutscene, say)?
Well, think what would happen, if you would count on that Spirit Lodge will train Spirit Walkers. And now they have been moved to the Tauren Totem.

Is it? I know the editor "created" a custom unit by first creating the unit it's based on & then applying changes... But as long as you've changed everything that matters, it shouldn't affect *that*, right?....
Yes, but all fields that you did not change can be affected. Especially alterations in techtree requirements can be nasty.

Level 2
It's cool that Blizzard is interested in patching Warcraft 3, but this patch will kill modemaking support of this game due to changes in file system (mpq archives were removed from the game folder). WEX doesn't work on this patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.