• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30.2 Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
upload_2018-10-8_17-11-41.png

Patch 1.30.2 PTR Update #2

Patch 1.30.2 PTR has been updated to include new filters and search options in the custom game browsing list* along with bug fixes relating to the new hosting system. Things like map download time seem to be improved as well. *We'll seek some clarification as to how those two new features work.

Wherever one stands regarding the removal of bots, it's worth noting that some functions bots provided are in progress. Blizzard laid upon us a small glimpse of the road-map ahead citing kick/ban and latency functions to come in the future, and hopefully more in the future!

As always, please test the game on the PTR. You can read the full list of changes here.

Level 18
Nice for the kick/ban function, wonder how ban will be implemented that's kinda exciting actually, hopefully it saves in the cloud so when you reinstall wc3 it won't just delete your banlist.

I hope other bot stuff gets implemented in client now (other than obviously autohosting).

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
You don't need syncing of your ban list as long as it is a file you can backup. If it's a plain text file it will be easy to make a crowd sourced ban list which could be helpful for some.

It's nice to see these new things. They don't need to do much to make this much more awesome than what we had before.

Level 9
I liked Blizzard's answer. However, I'm not fully satisfied yet.You could add the same swap as some bots they did, so you do not need to kick one or leave for a player that wants to be in that slot or team.

On statistics, you could copy some similar that Dota 2 did. That is an option for the player to share their stasis with unofficial sites. An example: Dota 2 Buff.
Screenshots:

Translation from Portuguese to English is: Expose data from public match

Level 6
Did you read my post? I'm aware that it's hosted in US West, but even then, I'd only expect the ping to be in the ballpark of ~200-300 ms, not 800. There's something seriously wrong going on with their system.

No, I didn't, sorry for that :].

Is the mouse delay fixed?

Level 9
@Abovegame
Dota 2 already has that. There are a few mods there that have leaderboard on their websites. Making a way to achieve this, goes another argument against the bots.

Another idea I had, which bots and other programs I could do in the lobby, is to reserve slot. Devs, I suggest you do this. Because this would make it more comfortable for the host, when he wants to reserve a slot for a friend of his, or of another. So no there is the need kicking, to release slot, until person wished to enter, enter in lobby.

Hi guys , i got some questions . For example in this ptr version in lobby i can see games hosted on different realms + i can filter to pick realm i like the most =i read this here.

I met wc3 friends that want hang with me and play same games ,but they are in different realms, i can not whisper them , i can not contact....I talk about last official patch,not ptr

So my question is :Since we can pllay same games worldwide in ptr (like with bots), is there any way in new official patch you allow whispers/contact chat for different realms ? Team invite,whisper,channel chat etc.

There are modern mobas that allows me chat and whisper with anyone in the world,set team arrange etc , will it be case for wc3 too?

P.S : i still think that wc3 need new interface,cause of future improvements of lobby,chat,filter etc...That maybe means new design and maybe high definition or not...I think the most important is a configuration,icons,organisation and general visual look..

.I dont promote any moba game here (i dont play games anymore,i wait wc3 improved), but its the most simple and effective interface for moba or rts i ever saw . From 1 window,all options are avaliable + it has ads right in your face,that doesnt pop up and cover anything to disturb you, that could be usefull for blizz

72rHTZ7.png

And the chat is still present in same window after you choose ,,custom games,,.No chains and pading in different window where you lost much options...

9e30LbU.jpg

Level 18
Hi guys , i got some questions . For example in this ptr version in lobby i can see games hosted on different realms + i can filter to pick realm i like the most =i read this here.

I met wc3 friends that want hang with me and play same games ,but they are in different realms, i can not whisper them , i can not contact....I talk about last official patch,not ptr

So my question is :Since we can pllay same games worldwide in ptr (like with bots), is there any way in new official patch you allow whispers/contact chat for different realms ? Team invite,whisper,channel chat etc.

There are modern mobas that allows me chat and whisper with anyone in the world,set team arrange etc , will it be case for wc3 too?

P.S : i still think that wc3 need new interface,cause of future improvements of lobby,chat,filter etc...That maybe means new design and maybe high definition or not...I think the most important is a configuration,icons,organisation and general visual look..

.I dont promote any moba game here (i dont play games anymore,i wait wc3 improved), but its the most simple and effective interface for moba or rts i ever saw . From 1 window,all options are avaliable + it has ads right in your face,that doesnt pop up and cover anything to disturb you, that could be usefull for blizz

Not really, I played HoN and the interface wasn't that great, dota 2 had a very similar interface on its inception and it was quickly replaced because of how bad it was.

Level 18
I agree that modern-day games have the UI & UX thing down to an art form. And perhaps Blizzard would do well to migrate to that method of doing things.

Even still I'd be really sad to see the chains & menus go away. :<

Don't think it'd be a great idea to do this, Starcraft 2 suffered greatly when they migrated, even now it's a shell of what it was before.

Ok screw interface and disagreements ,i dont give a f if somene dont like it , everyone can see picture and make own thoughts.,altought i keep my attitude. Probably not gonna happen even for 1-2 year from now -.- , so arguing about it is pretty much usless now

Can someone answer me a question : Can i whisper or chat on channel or team invite with a person from different realm in this PTR ?

Simply must ask cause , blizz allows me to see custom games hosted on other realms in this ptr , and before i couldnt whisper or chat - only inside game lobby. So i cant arrange a game with them, i cant room chat with them or even whisper,theres also clan issue. I mean : You let ppl mixture, meet them selfs but no marriage allowde xD . I am drunk y, but i am god damn right, and i will defend my attitude tomorrow, cause its using pure logic. Goodnight

Level 18
Ok screw interface and disagreements ,i dont give a f if somene dont like it , everyone can see picture and make own thoughts.,altought i keep my attitude. Probably not gonna happen even for 1-2 year from now -.- , so arguing about it is pretty much usless now

Can someone answer me a question : Can i whisper or chat on channel or team invite with a person from different realm in this PTR ?

Simply must ask cause , blizz allows me to see custom games hosted on other realms in this ptr , and before i couldnt whisper or chat - only inside game lobby. So i cant arrange a game with them, i cant room chat with them or even whisper,theres also clan issue. I mean : You let ppl mixture, meet them selfs but no marriage allowde xD . I am drunk y, but i am god damn right, and i will defend my attitude tomorrow, cause its using pure logic. Goodnight

Nope, just because you can see cross-realm games doesn't mean that all realms have been merged, other actions are still realm-specific.

Nope, just because you can see cross-realm games doesn't mean that all realms have been merged, other actions are still realm-specific.

Tnx for fast answer.
Then i suggest they alllow whisper,chat,team invite/arrange across the realms. Whisper command across realms would be enough for now

~El

Level 17
1. Will the game automatically hide the lobbies that you are banned from?
2. Is there any indication (for example text highlight) in lobbies about who is the host?

In user-hosted lobbies, the first player to join is host. You can scroll up when you join, and see all the join messages - the first one is the host. But, a text highlight would be nice as well, since the chat can scroll way out.

Level 5
Did you guys notice that in the live version of Wc3 atm that sounds are !@#$ed up not only in custom maps but also in the campaign too?? :p
The dialogue between characters doesn't play, it just (ends it instantly as it starts) skips it so you can't hear or read them.
I tried to (out of boredom) play out the 1st mission of NE campaign in TFT (the one where you play as the champion of the Lich King, Maiev, to defend him from Illidan at all cost), and noticed it. lol

Level 9
In user-hosted lobbies, the first player to join is host. You can scroll up when you join, and see all the join messages - the first one is the host. But, a text highlight would be nice as well, since the chat can scroll way out.

You do not need all that work. Just look in the lobby browser, where it is pointing red arrow on screenshot (Game Creator), to know who is hosting the lobby.

Another idea (suggestion) I had, is to implement a feature that checks if lobby players are idlk. Wishing be, similar to Dota 2, when you press Start button or your shortcut, a new window appears to confirm if you are ready to play.

Level 23
Did you guys notice that in the live version of Wc3 atm that sounds are !@#$ed up not only in custom maps but also in the campaign too?? :p
The dialogue between characters doesn't play, it just (ends it instantly as it starts) skips it so you can't hear or read them.
I tried to (out of boredom) play out the 1st mission of NE campaign in TFT (the one where you play as the champion of the Lich King, Maiev, to defend him from Illidan at all cost), and noticed it. lol

Yes, many sounds and maps are still broken, but it doesn't seem to be a priority to fix them.

Status
Not open for further replies.