• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.30.2 Update #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
andreasaspenbergPTR1302b.png

Level 4
Me and my friends can't play castle fight anymore since a recent patch. I can't say exactly if it is 1.30.2 or a version of 1.30.1 that caused the problem.

The map can't be previewed and when i try to host it i get an "The map is not available or damaged" error. It's very sad because we played this version regulary for years. I have attached the map file.

Attachments

• (4)CastleFightEU1.25c2.w3x
    906.6 KB · Views: 101
Level 14
Is issue of games disconnecting instantly after loading known? It happens both on retail and ptr, it seems to be bnet side issue. Its either disconnect(retail) or game just ends with 00:00 time elapsed(on ptr)
EDIT: it happens no matter the map or game as far as i seen, it happened of Hero Push map once people had option to vote for draft or random heroes once it was finished everyone got disconnected. It worked perfectly fine next time(and i didnt reset the game at all)

Level 7
Me and my friends can't play castle fight anymore since a recent patch. I can't say exactly if it is 1.30.2 or a version of 1.30.1 that caused the problem.

The map can't be previewed and when i try to host it i get an "The map is not available or damaged" error. It's very sad because we played this version regulary for years. I have attached the map file.
The Castle Fight map works properly on BattleNet at the moment. Possibly your version of the map is broken for some reason. The only thing that Blizzard should fix in the next patch is the new sound bug.

Level 4
The Castle Fight map works properly on BattleNet at the moment. Possibly your version of the map is broken for some reason. The only thing that Blizzard should fix in the next patch is the new sound bug.

There are many different versions of castle fight, we were playing this version for some years because it was the best for us. However TriggerHappy fixed the map, it was a problem with corrupted mpq files that weren't compatible anymore with the 1.30x patches. I think the problem was caused by it's mapprotection but im not entirely sure.

Level 2
well imo if they add ban function then please take it easy and dont make it cd key based. Many people are immature kids and they will ban you for the slightest wrong word and then forget about you. There really arent enough players and if I cant join 30% of the games because some kids get offended when I banter a bit then that's a problem.
I kind of have a feeling that with blizzard ban lists they will be there forever... with hosting bots if you get banned, the bot disappears eventually or whatever and it never really bothered anybody. If you really want to ban people you could always host your own bot.
I mean being able to kick people ingame and in lobby is important but banning really isnt. How often shoudl you really ban somebody? seriously, I barely see the same players anyway. Maybe have a 5 player ban limit so people dont just start banning and banning and banning until nobody is left and then they are too stupid to clear their banlist and wonder why nobody can join

~El

Level 17
well imo if they add ban function then please take it easy and dont make it cd key based. Many people are immature kids and they will ban you for the slightest wrong word and then forget about you. There really arent enough players and if I cant join 30% of the games because some kids get offended when I banter a bit then that's a problem.
I kind of have a feeling that with blizzard ban lists they will be there forever... with hosting bots if you get banned, the bot disappears eventually or whatever and it never really bothered anybody. If you really want to ban people you could always host your own bot.
I mean being able to kick people ingame and in lobby is important but banning really isnt. How often shoudl you really ban somebody? seriously, I barely see the same players anyway. Maybe have a 5 player ban limit so people dont just start banning and banning and banning until nobody is left and then they are too stupid to clear their banlist and wonder why nobody can join

Obviously, nobody would be able to global-ban you. Ban lists should (and I guess would) be local, meaning that if a host bans you, only their lobbies are walled off for you. And, I think it's perfectly reasonable to use CD keys in this case - no matter the reason why you want a person banned from your lobbies - you want them banned. Bans are pointless if it takes 5 minutes to circumvent them.

I agree with you , but its not only kids . Its when for example you play well, do your best but you are the only 1 that doesnt belong to clan from your team . In that case , for all failure, all mistakes guess whos guilty = you . + when votekick for example happens comes a hipocracy from other team , so they win the game 5v4 for exmaple , or jelious cause you killing instatly someone .

Not to mention when you are better player , and host doesnt wants you in lobby, without brain-healthy reason...His banlist reports you as persona non-grata, and then you got kicked while in lobby . Ok then there is solution to create your own game . But if map is not that popular , ppl will face trumendious lobby wait , and loose nerves . This is how wc3 TFT will become Dota TFT again, where people play only popular maps not because they want play Dota that much, its cause they are getting booooored of lobby wait .

Also , i want mention the bots we have had something alike customer service , where you can upload replay and prove you have done nothing wrong ,or the banlist apply guy put replay and you are reveald if you are wrong . Eh,does blizzard have that for custom games in wc3 ?

I would go option !voteban , if you really want go cd key ban for host to recognize it . But again, you dont have a service that will protect people from dictator kids . So no ban thing at all . Now collect all those kid minds , you will have dozens of people escape from them,creating same games and empty lobbys all over bnet . Kek - whatever i am right of wrong = your biggest concern should be empty bnet . My point is you would have to examine bot services,immitate them , and add customer service before you choose to kill them . Until that time long live bots :D

Level 11
I see the updated WE is missing a JASS syntax highlighter. Does anyone know how to install one of those without having to use the WEX/Sharpcraft bundle?
If I remember correctly, Bliizard is working on a syntax highlighter which should be implemented in WE at some point in the future.

Edit: I just found the post in which MindWorX mentioned highlighting: WEX does not start up

Level 6
It seems they did some balance changes that noone noticed till now. Were these included in the last PTR patch or are they able to push balance changes without patching?

Level 5
Apparently it was a sneaky balance patch in the previous days.

Link to the original thread on the Warcraft3-Reddit (by mafeefam, bareunnamu)
PTR balance updates, October 19ish : WC3

quoted from the reddit:

Humans:

-Archmage Brilliance Aura increased from 0.75/1.25/1.75 to 0.75/1.25/2.00.

-Paladin Devotion Aura increased from 1.5/3/4.5 to 2/3.5/5.

-Spell Breaker Control Magic ability no longer requires a castle to be researched (a keep is still required technically). Control Magic mana cost is decreased from 0.45 mana per hp of the summoned unit to 0.35 mana per hp.

Nightelves:

-Keeper of the Grove Entangle duration on heroes reduced from 3/5/7 to 3/4/6.

-Treant attack damage reduced from 17-19 to 15-17.

-Huntress attack damage reduced from 17-19 to 16-18.

-Huntress Sentinel duration increased from 180s to 300s. However, Sentinel must be once again researced for 100g/100w, but it does not require a Tree of Ages.

Items:

-Wand of Lightning Shield duration decreased from 20s to 10s (Shaman and creep Lightning Shield unchanged).

Tbh, it still feels like humans are too weak

Level 14
Some recent stuff is concerning. ENT bots being banned without given reason, and not quite a bit of functionality of bots still not being ported yet. Namely player stats and votekicking. I hope it will be there soon. Allowing bots should still happen for sake of clans and tournaments. But maybe hosting them with observer(s) will be good enough or just by participating players. I hope that the team will work on porting as much of functionality as possible, including some official means to remotely host for clans, tournaments of custom games and other games. People who frequently play DOTA, Hero Push or clans who play certain maps often would benefit from this.

Level 5
I do think it might have happend, because ENT was trying to distribute their alternative tool to play with games on their bots. That's probably why it hit the ENT bots, but not the ones from MMH for example.
Hive also removed the link to entgaming on the bottom of their site. I guess they'll try to completely cut the connction to ENT.

Level 32
I do think it might have happend, because ENT was trying to distribute their alternative tool to play with games on their bots. That's probably why it hit the ENT bots, but not the ones from MMH for example.
Hive also removed the link to entgaming on the bottom of their site. I guess they'll try to completely cut the connction to ENT.
Yup.

I have nothing against the base services ENT provides. Many of their staff members work hard to keep up with reports, appeals, and technical issues, and people should really thank them for that even if there is disagreement with their methods. I didn't really want to make this message, but I think it's the right thing to do some explanation and clarification.

I don't think you can ignore the fact there has been a lot of manipulation going from their end. Upon joining ENT games or the ENT/MMH discord and websites, the following message and announcement appears: "The upcoming 1.30.2 patch breaks support for the custom game community." It then asks for users to download their new client, explaining the need. They are effectively advertising their 3rd party program so people can step away from battle.net, on battle.net itself, which is obviously against any sort of legal business. We know that the claim for "breaking support" is not the truth, and while it does break support for bot-based communities, it does not break support for custom games nor the other communities surrounding it. It's a straight up lie used to salvage what they have left.

Furthermore, earlier today ENT posted a message about their extreme dissatisfaction of the situation, then went on to link the accounts of Blizzard Employees for users to try and force them to change their mind. This is the very definition of a sponsored witch-hunt, which is not acceptable in any means.

It's quite obvious that they the course won't change, so why should ENT promote something that will cause directed toxicity and harassment. Others say that it's their right to fight back, but while it may seem honorable, this game and the decisions put in place are not owned by the bot community and should not be. Again, I'm sorry that they have to go and I'm sure many of them mean well, but their methods of manipulation have gone too far for us to support them.

Level 32
I think what ENT doing is right, I would not call what they do is manipulation it is more like an enlightment service for people that are unawere, I hope Blizzard will understand it
People can disagree on bots, and really I have no problem if you disagree with Blizzard's decision. I'm saying that it's wrong to do the following manipulative things:
1. Spam announcements of how Blizzard "will break the custom game community" and using that lie to promote their service for self gain. They added "passwords" to their lobbies to make sure you read their propaganda. Again, it only breaks the bot community, not everyone else.
2. Send out mass messages and announcements aimed to hunt down classic developers and spam them with complaints. They use phrases like "direct attack on the player base" to get people to be riled up. That's literally what a witch hunt is and it causes toxicity and paranoia all across the board.

The point is that this is all counter-productive and does not solve a thing. They could just peacefully move to their program and move on, but they're not content with that because they know they won't get the same amount of attention and transfer rate if they don't yelp in protest.

Last edited:
Level 32
Banning bots is all counter-productive and does not solve a thing either, somehow you are still voting for that despite obvious fuckton of people who care.
Well, if you believe this, two wrongs still don't make a right lol.

Sure, I'm not fully content with the fact that not all of the bot functionality is replaced yet (yet there are some people who actually are fine wanted bots gone regardless).
But banning bots is only counter productive if there is no actual roadmap. Obviously, no one outside of Blizzard, or at least in public knowledge, knows for certain what the future plans are. But from a business perspective, they would have to be planning for anticipating a revival in players and revenue of any sort. That makes sense since they are pouring resources into this game and make across the board changes to bring it up to the up to par in the modern era.

Level 23
Anyone who legit thinks ENT is doing this "for the good of the community" is very naive. I totally agree with what @StoPCampinGn00b said - especially after these unacceptable b**ch moves and foolish behavior.
Again, the only problem in my mind, is what @Kacpa2 said - there is still no and probably there won't be a viable alternative to bots in the game.
Not only player stats, but also host counts of map, a nice searchable database of maps, basically everything that works better outside of wc3, because the UI is a slow and clunky mess.
I wrote on their forums specifically that me and others won#t use their tool if they "market" it that aggressively. I think if ppl saw next patch being garbage, and missing ENT features, they would have come back to ENT on their own.

Level 32
Wrong, its counter productive when you have no REPLACEMENT. Roadmap? Who cares, people want to play right now, not "when it's done". Can't play your "roadmap" either.
My view was from judging the overall net good/bad rather than making it only about the current situation (especially since the whole point of my post was about the future plans and motives). But you're right about it being an issue right now, I never disagreed with that.

Level 23
Wrong, its counter productive when you have no REPLACEMENT. Roadmap? Who cares, people want to play right now, not "when it's done". Can't play your "roadmap" either.
Yes, overall it will probably suck for players at least during the transition. But ENT is absuing it's power over custom games with the "let me in" password to be able to rejoin and play, while at the same time urging you to download their proprietary program from their website so you can play without battle.net. With any other kind of network you would get banned for spam and potential fraud.
I don't get how they could ever think this would fly.

It will fly, just like tons of other wc3 communites still existing on outdated patches.
It is safe to say it will fly, Blizzard not being able to push that 1.30.2 patch with promised features and at the same time banning Ent from LIVE servers is just supporting it.
I wish we would get an announcement for WC3 HD at Blizzcon it would be a white page for everyone but it is kinda safe to say it is impossible while old games last patch is far away from being complete,one can only dream.

Since wc3 is kinda old engine,old game , and as some people say ,,abused by bots community,, , abused by hackers etc .

I got 1 little suggestion for blizzard how to fight this war by creating secret weapon for their benefits ,so it be their main goal in next patches , to kinda forget this blizz-hive-bot war a bit , and use their own power for benefit its self - but in same time help 1 group of people that were dmged by those new patches - modders.

We all know blizz politics are against interfee directly towards creating custom maps or modding , and i understand them totally ,its a rule. If you take arguments from both sides,current realistic state of the game and rulez that has to be followed the next idea came up to me : Blizz can use warcraft 3 as an ADS tool , by creating new interface with a pattern i showed in screenshots (so nonone get hurted or irritaed) to promote their other games like Hots or Wow for example.

Since they can not directly support modders , classic and hots team can synchronize their communication : Hots team can start creating a ,,classic,, branch of skins for models that are wc3 alike . A regular wc3 player can see that ,,wc3 alike model,close to wc3 original concept,, when he login to wc3 bnet. He can either get interested for Hots ,or recieve a hope his modding community can maybe use that model for the mod,which he can play in wc3.

My point is :

0. We will get new interface

1. Community of bots ,,abuse,, engine to push their agenda,third party programs -according to some blizz staff and some hive members . Blizzard can (ab)use wc3 promote their games - ,,third party games,,

2. Modders get an interest by getting blizzard material that will help them easier finishe their mods. Modders want drag more people to play old good wc3 by repolishing into new things .Blizzard doesnt get hurt or involved directly, it get benefits actually.

3.Hots Moba game alike - can bring some nostalgia to players of wc3. Its a huge mixture of warcraft universe models, it cant hurt them . They can call those models ,,nostalgia skins ,,or ,,classic skins,,. They can make them by default , or sell them . Whatever they want

4.Two best mods WAA and Storm is Coming (China) are using only blizzard parts for models.Its blizz porperty , anyway : Everything stays in blizzard circle of power.

I had to write this, cause blizzard hears only the voice of hive, they are in war with the bots community, regular fans dont get direct answer will the engine will be improved or not , blizz also entered this war with best intentions then the screw thing happen , the modding tools has been destroyed ,and many other things.... Its a real mess

This is the way you can help abandoned group of people that noone mentiion them in this war between community bots and blizzard ,,bots,, by not breaking any rule.-They are called MODDERS .

pyf

pyf

Level 32
I wish we would get an announcement for WC3 HD at Blizzcon
@YourArthas: please have a look at the current official Warcraft 3 system requirements. Especially pay attention to the now minimum requirements regarding GPU/video card hardware, as well as to the now minimum display resolution on Windows, which is 1280x720.

For a previous version of the official system requirements for Windows from one moth ago, please have a look here for comparison purposes.

The official video hardware specifications for WC3 are now very similar to the official ones for StarCraft: Remastered (emphasis added).

@YourArthas: please have a look at the current official Warcraft 3 system requirements. Especially pay attention to the now minimum requirements regarding GPU/video card hardware, as well as to the now minimum display resolution on Windows, which is 1280x720.

For a previous version of the official system requirements for Windows from one moth ago, please have a look here for comparison purposes.

The official video hardware specifications for WC3 are now very similar to the official ones for StarCraft: Remastered (emphasis added).
I want to believe it but it would be unrealistic to expect a remake when they are still working on a 1.30.2 patch, if it was released I'lld have hopes

Level 14
0. We will get new interface
Completely unnessesary. All that has to be done is to update some bits of it and remove dumb limits like max amount of friends. Allowing custom UI should be a thing it would be client side only.

1. Community of bots ,,abuse,, engine to push their agenda,third party programs -according to some blizz staff and some hive members . Blizzard can (ab)use wc3 promote their games - ,,third party games,,
bad idea we dont need to get wc3 killed and for its corpse to be used for very silly advertisement attempt. Most of players of wc3 who can play hots, do play it. 2nd of all Hots Artstyle same as WoW is NOT same as Wc3 artstyle. It wouldnt fit, granted there are some wow assets in gluescreens but that's from laziness or lack of time and even then its single models like WoW orc on orcish campaigns, generic human used for arthas's face, illidan in ending fight being generic wow elf modified, and so on. Its mostly hidden or just sparcely used and only for cheaply done higher fidelity at the time.

2. Modders get an interest by getting blizzard material that will help them easier finishe their mods. Modders want drag more people to play old good wc3 by repolishing into new things .Blizzard doesnt get hurt or involved directly, it get benefits actually.
WcUnderground exists.......people just rip stuff from other blizzard games and edit it or port it for wc3. Its not meant to find its way to hive directly, but it has its own community in there that already 'supplies' modders with such assets. They are usually worse than dedicated custom work basing of wc3 stuff or made from scratch for wc3 specificly.

3.Hots Moba game alike - can bring some nostalgia to players of wc3. Its a huge mixture of warcraft universe models, it cant hurt them . They can call those models ,,nostalgia skins ,,or ,,classic skins,,. They can make them by default , or sell them . Whatever they want
This idea is nice but instead of hosting it as lets say Melee, it should be done in a way Valve does with community events in their games, they do an official shoutout with their news channels in the launchers, game's news feed and so on. Maybe by supporting it in more ways. This is a good idea overall

4.Two best mods WAA and Storm is Coming (China) are using only blizzard parts for models.Its blizz porperty , anyway : Everything stays in blizzard circle of power.
There is no circle of power. Its just that all studios that are friendly to modding scenes and embrace them almost 100% of the time fully allow for "In-property" ripping and transfers of assets by fanbase, Valve allows this aswell. Obviously they cant allow or atleast "support" ripping and porting models from other games(valve turns a blind eye 90% of the time in their properties like L4D2)

I had to write this, cause blizzard hears only the voice of hive, they are in war with the bots community, regular fans dont get direct answer will the engine will be improved or not
Regular community RELIES on bots, doing this RIGHT NOW BEFORE they gave us fixed native hosting in current release(its only in PTR at the moment) is just counterproducting and angers the community. If they even wanted to do it it should've waited for 1.30.2 going live with another batch of bot features intergrated. They should cooperate with people who worked on them to fully understand them if they may have some issues doing it on their own, but both sides went quite aggressively at this. Bots got indirectly threatened. ENT started pushing with wc3connect marketting as Free Warcraft III(even if it isnt directly so) but playing via it when it uses lan could allow for usage of same cd keys which could allow piracy, but i am not 100% sure about that. ) Then Blizzard reacted also aggressively with mass bans of their bots. This cought innocent players in a crossfire, leaving them with little to no option to play aside from Wc3Connect ironicly, and blizzard being antagonized even more. Which is bad.

blizz also entered this war with best intentions then the screw thing happen , the modding tools has been destroyed ,and many other things.... Its a real mess
Modding tools werent destroyed all you have to do is to have mpqs...i still have mine, and you can also just get 1.27 version of the game somewhere on your computer to use them. If you still use same installation MPQs are still there. There is literally so many ways to do workarounds that it doesnt matter. I still use my tools just fine. About the mess the causes unwillingly or by accident.......well 'Shit happens' thing is that they also put lots of effort to fixing all of that after. Nothing of what they do is illfated or spiteful. We got level of contact and feedback loop better than ever before and with it we got several great things that help the game, obviously also herds of issues. None of which should make you blindly hateful or excessively enthusiastic, it should be in the middle...more towards 'realisticly excited' side of things, but with critisism so they can make it better and make up for mistakes along the way.

This is the way you can help abandoned group of people that noone mentiion them in this war between community bots and blizzard ,,bots,, by not breaking any rule.-They are called MODDERS .
Again modding wc3 itself is more problematic matter, i am ok with allowing people to customize their game's ui and what not, but anything bigger should just base of older versions of the game for local multiplayer/ singleplayer usage. To make wc3's engine as usable as Sc2 with its galaxy editor would require gigantic amount of work that are barely worth it when you can do 90% of stuff you may want with Map editor right now.
I would rather appretiate their efforts on expanding world editor to allow it to make wc3 much more varied and vast with it's map making community. More tiles(64 limit or maybe more?) more cliffs, jass, improved importing(allowing for import of several files at once, for list to not refresh with each change(it is quite an issue when there hundreds of imports) option to create custom unit soundsets form imported audio and so on.

Completely unnessesary. All that has to be done is to update some bits of it and remove dumb limits like max amount of friends. Allowing custom UI should be a thing it would be client side only.

bad idea we dont need to get wc3 killed and for its corpse to be used for very silly advertisement attempt. Most of players of wc3 who can play hots, do play it. 2nd of all Hots Artstyle same as WoW is NOT same as Wc3 artstyle. It wouldnt fit, granted there are some wow assets in gluescreens but that's from laziness or lack of time and even then its single models like WoW orc on orcish campaigns, generic human used for arthas's face, illidan in ending fight being generic wow elf modified, and so on. Its mostly hidden or just sparcely used and only for cheaply done higher fidelity at the time.

WcUnderground exists.......people just rip stuff from other blizzard games and edit it or port it for wc3. Its not meant to find its way to hive directly, but it has its own community in there that already 'supplies' modders with such assets. They are usually worse than dedicated custom work basing of wc3 stuff or made from scratch for wc3 specificly.

This idea is nice but instead of hosting it as lets say Melee, it should be done in a way Valve does with community events in their games, they do an official shoutout with their news channels in the launchers, game's news feed and so on. Maybe by supporting it in more ways. This is a good idea overall

There is no circle of power. Its just that all studios that are friendly to modding scenes and embrace them almost 100% of the time fully allow for "In-property" ripping and transfers of assets by fanbase, Valve allows this aswell. Obviously they cant allow or atleast "support" ripping and porting models from other games(valve turns a blind eye 90% of the time in their properties like L4D2)

Regular community RELIES on bots, doing this RIGHT NOW BEFORE they gave us fixed native hosting in current release(its only in PTR at the moment) is just counterproducting and angers the community. If they even wanted to do it it should've waited for 1.30.2 going live with another batch of bot features intergrated. They should cooperate with people who worked on them to fully understand them if they may have some issues doing it on their own, but both sides went quite aggressively at this. Bots got indirectly threatened. ENT started pushing with wc3connect marketting as Free Warcraft III(even if it isnt directly so) but playing via it when it uses lan could allow for usage of same cd keys which could allow piracy, but i am not 100% sure about that. ) Then Blizzard reacted also aggressively with mass bans of their bots. This cought innocent players in a crossfire, leaving them with little to no option to play aside from Wc3Connect ironicly, and blizzard being antagonized even more. Which is bad.

Modding tools werent destroyed all you have to do is to have mpqs...i still have mine, and you can also just get 1.27 version of the game somewhere on your computer to use them. If you still use same installation MPQs are still there. There is literally so many ways to do workarounds that it doesnt matter. I still use my tools just fine. About the mess the causes unwillingly or by accident.......well 'Shit happens' thing is that they also put lots of effort to fixing all of that after. Nothing of what they do is illfated or spiteful. We got level of contact and feedback loop better than ever before and with it we got several great things that help the game, obviously also herds of issues. None of which should make you blindly hateful or excessively enthusiastic, it should be in the middle...more towards 'realisticly excited' side of things, but with critisism so they can make it better and make up for mistakes along the way.

Again modding wc3 itself is more problematic matter, i am ok with allowing people to customize their game's ui and what not, but anything bigger should just base of older versions of the game for local multiplayer/ singleplayer usage. To make wc3's engine as usable as Sc2 with its galaxy editor would require gigantic amount of work that are barely worth it when you can do 90% of stuff you may want with Map editor right now.
I would rather appretiate their efforts on expanding world editor to allow it to make wc3 much more varied and vast with it's map making community. More tiles(64 limit or maybe more?) more cliffs, jass, improved importing(allowing for import of several files at once, for list to not refresh with each change(it is quite an issue when there hundreds of imports) option to create custom unit soundsets form imported audio and so on.

This, kinda enough said although I disagree with artsyle cause WC3 is outdated and needs new post Wod WoW style graphics (not HOTS shit), I could not agree more on other stuff

Nice chatting skills :)

1.Well , lets see how things are going : a). massive hacking b) mass third party softvare c) benevolent bots d) agressive bots e) deleting bots before give an actual better replacement, f) no insurance that engine will be improved , or no remaster g) slow progress of patches h) yes we need UI , we need everything actually xD,but for start this would be very cool

From blizz perspective some communitys are raping wc3 , they can do the same ,its legal , but maybe not quite legitimet.

Lets ALL pillage wc3 , cause its an old game = its so old and retarded that wow and hots moba are derivated from it . Lets make an endless war , and the stronger will pillage the game. Dude, its painfull to watch,i am not on anyones side totally,i got my own perspective, i had to write in this way , dont you see whats going on.

2.Wcunderground is not enough,it died many times,and its far more from active ,but the only home for those kind of people,only shelter... People are hyped about remaster which will never happen using simple logic . Its not all about ripping stuff , its to modify those models for closer wc3 look. At least they could support indirectly modders , in the way i explained.

x64 didnt happen , ram limit increase to 3gb isnt enough when you compare 128mb map jump from nowhere. Not synchronized .

3.They wont do anything

4.Ye mooders can use valve , its allowed .But does blizz allows, i dont have idea. Doesnt metter = those models use only blizz parts, and its blizz property and they can test them, play football with them if they want,whatever they want.

5. Man , its a real mess . Yes, some of bot communitys went really agressive .I dont have a stomach to write about this we all read about it .

Just never forget that some bot community intention was to re-alive a game when it was dead,and only RECENTLY some wants skip official bnet and kill it just as an act of retaliation , some modders doing the same WAA/Rebirth/ And Storm is Coming (China)- trying to follow original concept drag people to play again ,and some import LoL,Dota2 etc making a pure blasphemy of our lovely wc3 , also some part of hiveworkshop wants improvments ,and some not.

6. I agree totally ,but bored to write more,we need keep simplicity of editor we have,and improve from its bases.Not going as sc2 thing for sure.

Still if they go x64 (increase ram limit) and ui will be nice - at least this omg! . Modders will do the rest to save them selfs ....

Anyway, i cant play 1.30 and use mdlvs correctly even thou i got 1.27b mpqs = cause it reads 1.30 by default.

I agreed with many things you write its just frustrating to watch the war, we arent going anywhere. I am sick of debates . I think blizz should be faster and work more,and they should support classic team more - who knows which troubles they are facing with,alone.

I think if they do more tehnical stuffs (wheres no need to ask anyone) instead of pushing a huge phylosophical questions =bots or not , abortus or not, does god exist or not ,we will be on right way.

Last edited by a moderator:

pyf

pyf

Level 32
A bit off-topic but I could not find a better thread:
Where is the MiscData.txt file nowadays located, I opened the CASC archive, I assume it is in here somewhere but I can't seem to find it.
I have the feeling that any questions regarding the file MiscData.txt should also be posted in this thread:
For those just starting to terrain.

... but it is locked for some reason.

Last edited:
Level 4
I'm playing battle.net since 2004. Since hostbots came on we (me & friends) basically stopped joining random games, because there are tons of empty botgames in the Gameslist and most of this never gets started. We only host and play our own games now, so with us it's totally fine but I can see that you might miss some "outside of wc3 features".

It's a shame that the ENT guys are so aggressive but it sounds like they are making money with this, am I correct? Are there prime memberships, or can you donate money?

In Half-Life it's basically the same: External communities try to force players to play on their servers, offering clients that can only connect to those servers and it's ofc about money in the end.

So I'm glad when blizzard stays in control and it's great that they try to feature those bonus features.

Valve on the other hand never did a single thing for the community, leaving players sad, mad and with a damaged game. On that note blizzards service is very nice :)

Level 11
If only they released a HD or higher resolution version of how it was and not modified assets like icons to fit StarCraft II's mood...
Or at least let us choose if we want to keep the old assets or use the new ones. I personaly dislike the major graphic changes they made to some leading characters, such as Raynor or Mengsk, who don't have the same face from one game to the other.
It's always nice to have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.