1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Patch 1.30.2 Update #2

Discussion in 'Latest Updates and News' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Ether

Ether

Resources:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Why? What happened?

2. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They might once Warcraft III goes offline for good but that would also be the last patch.

3. Imperator

Imperator

Resources:
    Resources:
    They changed the way they patch the game obviously. Not sure why they would change it back to the old way now.

4. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It's the way they fight piracy. Where has your head been all these past few months?

5. Idaero Ace

Idaero Ace

Resources:
    Resources:
    I’m a pirate but I’m still able to update the game :p (for now...)

6. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    If you're referring to the PTR versions, then it's a bad move as your maps might suffer being saved on these versions as they are not stable.
    If it's hacking, that's another thing.

7. MyPad

MyPad

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Subscribing to thread. Don't mind me.

8. Anachron

Anachron

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    Just pointing out that you can subscribe without posting a reply to this thread. Don't mind me.

9. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Avoid talking about piracy in Hive.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  10. Eat_Bacon_Daily

Eat_Bacon_Daily

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Looking good. I’m happy to see the classics team looking at feedback. They are addressing the issues really quickly. Kudos!

11. juvian

juvian

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still the same from what I have seen.

12. emperor_d3st

emperor_d3st

Resources:
    Resources:
    I'm glad Blizzard is working on War3. Definitely their magnum opus.
    Bought a couple of copies of the game to support the War3 devs.

13. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    @Abovegame
    Dota 2 already has that. There are a few mods there that have leaderboard on their websites. Making a way to achieve this, goes another argument against the bots.

Another idea I had, which bots and other programs I could do in the lobby, is to reserve slot. Devs, I suggest you do this. Because this would make it more comfortable for the host, when he wants to reserve a slot for a friend of his, or of another. So no there is the need kicking, to release slot, until person wished to enter, enter in lobby.

14. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hi guys , i got some questions . For example in this ptr version in lobby i can see games hosted on different realms + i can filter to pick realm i like the most =i read this here.

I met wc3 friends that want hang with me and play same games ,but they are in different realms, i can not whisper them , i can not contact....I talk about last official patch,not ptr

So my question is :Since we can pllay same games worldwide in ptr (like with bots), is there any way in new official patch you allow whispers/contact chat for different realms ? Team invite,whisper,channel chat etc.

There are modern mobas that allows me chat and whisper with anyone in the world,set team arrange etc , will it be case for wc3 too?

P.S : i still think that wc3 need new interface,cause of future improvements of lobby,chat,filter etc...That maybe means new design and maybe high definition or not...I think the most important is a configuration,icons,organisation and general visual look..

.I dont promote any moba game here (i dont play games anymore,i wait wc3 improved), but its the most simple and effective interface for moba or rts i ever saw . From 1 window,all options are avaliable + it has ads right in your face,that doesnt pop up and cover anything to disturb you, that could be usefull for blizz

[​IMG]

And the chat is still present in same window after you choose ,,custom games,,.No chains and pading in different window where you lost much options...

[​IMG]

15. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:

Not really, I played HoN and the interface wasn't that great, dota 2 had a very similar interface on its inception and it was quickly replaced because of how bad it was.

16. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I agree that modern-day games have the UI & UX thing down to an art form. And perhaps Blizzard would do well to migrate to that method of doing things.

Even still I'd be really sad to see the chains & menus go away. :<

17. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Don't think it'd be a great idea to do this, Starcraft 2 suffered greatly when they migrated, even now it's a shell of what it was before.

18. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok screw interface and disagreements ,i dont give a f if somene dont like it , everyone can see picture and make own thoughts.,altought i keep my attitude. Probably not gonna happen even for 1-2 year from now -.- , so arguing about it is pretty much usless now

Can someone answer me a question : Can i whisper or chat on channel or team invite with a person from different realm in this PTR ?

Simply must ask cause , blizz allows me to see custom games hosted on other realms in this ptr , and before i couldnt whisper or chat - only inside game lobby. So i cant arrange a game with them, i cant room chat with them or even whisper,theres also clan issue. I mean : You let ppl mixture, meet them selfs but no marriage allowde xD . I am drunk y, but i am god damn right, and i will defend my attitude tomorrow, cause its using pure logic. Goodnight

19. Darklycan51

Darklycan51

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Nope, just because you can see cross-realm games doesn't mean that all realms have been merged, other actions are still realm-specific.

20. kantarion

kantarion

Resources:
    Resources:
    Tnx for fast answer.
    Then i suggest they alllow whisper,chat,team invite/arrange across the realms. Whisper command across realms would be enough for now