1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

WEX does not start up

Discussion in 'SharpCraft & WEX' started by Nowow, Aug 14, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This problem started when I updated to the latest patch (1.30.0.9922). since the update, clicking on WEX does not open start the world editor, but opening the task manager shows that there is a background process of world editor running, so I let it run for about 20-30 minutes and still nothing.

The normal world editor starts up just fine, yet starting WEX does not work from both WEX icon and the launcher. Any ideas as to what might be causing that?

2. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WEX simply is not updated to support 1.30

3. MindWorX

MindWorX

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    WEX cannot be made to work with the editor, due to anti-cheat and hacking measures put into the game. These protections affect the editor as well due to the way the editor and game works. I am working hard on adding as many WEX features as I can directly into the editor. WEX will not receive any more official updates at this point.

4. Nowow

Nowow

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I see, thank you very much for your hard work. And if you are working on adding features to the vanilla editor, please consider adding some sort of syntax highlighting as fast as possible, as someone who's still a beginner with JASS I have a hard time working with external tools to create triggers, and surely there are others who share the sentiment.

5. MindWorX

MindWorX

Resources:
    Tools:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The trigger editor will receive an overhaul, don't worry about that. Syntax highlighting and more is coming.