• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Vexorian's dummy model not working in WEX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm posting here because I'm trying to find out if it's an issue on my end or with WEX.

The dummy.mdx is supposed to be an empty model that still has attachment points, meaning that you can use triggers to attach effects to it (for projectiles for example). However it doesn't work in WEX for me.

I've attached a map with the model to this post. When you type a chat message "t" it'll spawn a dummy with the avatar effect on its origin. The effect however, doesn't show up if the map is saved in WEX.

Here's how to recreate it:
1. Open the map in WEX
2. Save it. (if you don't save, it'll work fine)
3. Play the map
4. Type chat message: "t"
5. watch it do nothing

However, if I open it the map in the default world editor, save it and test it, it works fine.

But if I save it in WEX, then open it in the default world editor, it doesn't work anymore.

Attachments

• dummymdxtest.w3x
    23.1 KB · Views: 124
Level 4
Yeah, just to be sure I downloaded the latest version from here and tried it but it still doesn't work, no effect, nothing. I even uninstalled Warcraft 3 and installed it again, same thing. :S I'm using the last JNGP for now but that's not really ideal...

Status
Not open for further replies.