• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Converting old plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi there, I'm looking to start using WEX but need to be able to use a plugin that I was previously using with JNGP - ODE.
Looking for any advice on how to get this working in WEX. I had a little look in the plugin tutorial that was posted and got the idea that I may be able run the jar file from a plugin, however I'm not sure if it'll be able to be run in the correct part of the wehack.lua (or whatever the new equivalent is).

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
It looks reasonably simple to implement. As far as I can tell, it simply needs to be run right after the map is saved. In this case it's possible to just make what I call a compiler plugin, which can be seen here. The plugin in the link adds some menu entries, uses some plugin storage, and then exposes a few callbacks. If this is all it takes, then I can make the plugin for you in a very little time, although not until tomorrow at the earliest.

Level 4
Yup that's all I think it needs to do - run the jar file when the map is saved but before jasshelper gets run.
That'd be awesome if you could make it, saves me spending a couple hours figuring all this stuff out :D
No super rush on it, I barely mod anymore but would like to be able to if I ever want to :p

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
Sorry for the delay, I got completely distracted.

I've attached the plugin for you to try out.

Once you've downloaded it, open up the following location in the WEX bundle: profiles\Warcraft III - World Editor (WEX)\plugins
You should see folders like LegacyNewGen, MindWorX.War3, etc.
This is where you should place the ObjectDataExtractor plugin, in the folder it has inside the zip.

After that, fire up WEX and look in the "Compilers" menu, you should now have the option to "Enabled Object Data Extractor".
Enable it and give it a try and see if it works. I only did some shallow testing, so please let me know if anything isn't working as expected.

Once it's up and running, I'll include it in the default WEX bundle, although disabled by default.

Attachments

• ObjectDataExtractor.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 90
Status
Not open for further replies.