• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

WEX does not start up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This problem started when I updated to the latest patch (1.30.0.9922). since the update, clicking on WEX does not open start the world editor, but opening the task manager shows that there is a background process of world editor running, so I let it run for about 20-30 minutes and still nothing.

The normal world editor starts up just fine, yet starting WEX does not work from both WEX icon and the launcher. Any ideas as to what might be causing that?

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
WEX cannot be made to work with the editor, due to anti-cheat and hacking measures put into the game. These protections affect the editor as well due to the way the editor and game works. I am working hard on adding as many WEX features as I can directly into the editor. WEX will not receive any more official updates at this point.

Level 12
WEX cannot be made to work with the editor, due to anti-cheat and hacking measures put into the game. These protections affect the editor as well due to the way the editor and game works. I am working hard on adding as many WEX features as I can directly into the editor. WEX will not receive any more official updates at this point.

I see, thank you very much for your hard work. And if you are working on adding features to the vanilla editor, please consider adding some sort of syntax highlighting as fast as possible, as someone who's still a beginner with JASS I have a hard time working with external tools to create triggers, and surely there are others who share the sentiment.

MindWorX

Tool Moderator
Level 20
I see, thank you very much for your hard work. And if you are working on adding features to the vanilla editor, please consider adding some sort of syntax highlighting as fast as possible, as someone who's still a beginner with JASS I have a hard time working with external tools to create triggers, and surely there are others who share the sentiment.
The trigger editor will receive an overhaul, don't worry about that. Syntax highlighting and more is coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.