• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Starcraft 2 MAJOR Editor Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Presumably this 'Campaign' function is only accessible via online lobbies. Is there a way in the PTR to play custom campaigns outside of a multiplayer lobby?

Level 11
I doubt it right now until they make proper info for the actor/effect/behaviour/whatnot types and their fields. I can make abilities to the point of actors, after that it's just like tapping into elevated mathematics.

We'll see. If they don't weld the games, I don't think Reforged or at least Warcraft III is going to be dropped, mostly due to the pro scene.
if only they made modding client sided too and pushed a workshop for it like AoE2 and C&C.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
if only they made modding client sided too and pushed a workshop for it like AoE2 and C&C.
Well, at least with StarCraft II you get those things called dependencies which work something like .mpq files. So you could create a sort of mod or more that your map(s) would need to function.
Presumably this 'Campaign' function is only accessible via online lobbies. Is there a way in the PTR to play custom campaigns outside of a multiplayer lobby?
Maybe if the campaign authors made some features for it via the editor.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
All of the below are related to the Data Easy Mode:
  • -the portrait is not automatically chosen with the model like in the World Editor; to access/set it, you need to deactivate Easy Mode
  • -also lots of the Object Editor fields are missing like the unit description; funny thing is abilities have this field but not per level
  • -no way to set regeneration for shields and stuff
  • -the Weapon category exists in Data Collection but there's nothing there
  • -some abilities, like Bash, don't have any damage/chance/whatnot values to set/edit in Easy Mode; Storm Bolt doesn't have a per level damage but a general one(?) which is 0 by default
  • -so, basically, you can't do much to customize abilities. No actual reason to make duplicates unless you don't use Easy Mode
  • -practically, using Easy Mode leaves you with the burden of triggering the spells further with the Trigger Editor, something we already did in the World Editor but with much more ease since the spells and Object Editor had more fields to play with
  • -Critical Strike seems to have most (important) fields like chance and damage multiplier per level
  • -of course actor and events are not also duplicated, thus the unit will not play any animation and no buff/FX will appear when summoning a unit for example
  • -not sure if you can change the icons of the previous abilities to be learned after you change them to a duplicate unit; basically you learn the ones you edited but in the learn ability menu the descriptions and icons are of those before/the original's
  • -nothing in the artifact category
  • -doodad and destructible data objects have no fields; items and researches as well

How to access what is called Game Constants in the World Editor?

It's a good start but there's still work to be done.

StarCraft II Data needs a World Editor type mode as well. For instance, copying units and abilities like a Carrier and EMP should work the same as with the World Editor. As mentioned above in the Warcraft III list, actors, events, effects, behaviours, special FX/models and whatnot should automatically be copied (duplicated as you call it in the Galaxy Editor) as in the World Editor.

Things should work simpler like being able to create a Diablo nova from Roar or a Diablo fireball from a Storm Bolt. There should be fields that automatically create their actors and events behind the scenes like how most such fields in the World Editor work.

Now, what the Hard Mode, if you will, (well, normal/original mode or whatever) needs is better descriptions for all fields and actor types with examples if possible. Some fields have no description or have one liners. This would also benefit the higher IQ people that use this mode.
galaxe01.png
galaxe02.png
galaxe03.png

So, as of now, things aren't simple enough to make me leave the World Editor for the Galaxy Editor.

Level 1
All of the below are related to the Data Easy Mode:
  • -the portrait is not automatically chosen with the model like in the World Editor; to access/set it, you need to deactivate Easy Mode
  • -also lots of the Object Editor fields are missing like the unit description; funny thing is abilities have this field but not per level
  • -no way to set regeneration for shields and stuff
  • -the Weapon category exists in Data Collection but there's nothing there
  • -some abilities, like Bash, don't have any damage/chance/whatnot values to set/edit in Easy Mode; Storm Bolt doesn't have a per level damage but a general one(?) which is 0 by default
  • -so, basically, you can't do much to customize abilities. No actual reason to make duplicates unless you don't use Easy Mode
  • -practically, using Easy Mode leaves you with the burden of triggering the spells further with the Trigger Editor, something we already did in the World Editor but with much more ease since the spells and Object Editor had more fields to play with
  • -Critical Strike seems to have most (important) fields like chance and damage multiplier per level
  • -of course actor and events are not also duplicated, thus the unit will not play any animation and no buff/FX will appear when summoning a unit for example
  • -not sure if you can change the icons of the previous abilities to be learned after you change them to a duplicate unit; basically you learn the ones you edited but in the learn ability menu the descriptions and icons are of those before/the original's
  • -nothing in the artifact category
  • -doodad and destructible data objects have no fields; items and researches as well

It's a good start but there's still work to be done.

StarCraft II Data needs a World Editor type mode as well. For instance, copying units and abilities like a Carrier and EMP should work the same as with the World Editor. As mentioned above in the Warcraft III list, actors, events, effects, behaviours, special FX/models and whatnot should automatically be copied (duplicated as you call it in the Galaxy Editor) as in the World Editor.

Things should work simpler like being able to create a Diablo nova from Roar or a Diablo fireball from a Storm Bolt. There should be fields that automatically create their actors and events behind the scenes like how most such fields in the World Editor work.

Now, what the Hard Mode, if you will, (well, normal/original mode or whatever) needs is better descriptions for all fields and actor types with examples if possible. Some fields have no description or have one liners. This would also benefit the higher IQ people that use this mode.

You have some misunderstanding about the new duplicate system: the actor and behavior are already automatically copied, if you did it in the Data Collection tab or in the easy mode. It's wrote in the patch notes. If you duplicate them in other tabs, you surely don't have them, as they are using old copy behavior. I have seem no unit lost actor after I copied them in easy mode.

The beauty of Easy Mode is you can actually DEFINE the fields in the easy mode. As you've already learned how to set portrait in the "hard mode", you can just go to the "Data Collection Pattern" tab to config them to be exposed in Easy Mode. There are already a bunch of existing fields set in that tab, it's not hard to follow them.

Same as all the ability fields you mentioned - all of them can be customized in hard mode, and thus can be exposed to easy mode one by one. The official data may lack some important fields, but you don't have to wait for them to add more - One of the biggest feature of the galaxy editor is it allows public game/data mods. People can create their own "Easy Mode View" and share them with others, so every one benefit from it. This patch essentially allow you to customize the data editor in your own mods.

Level 8
10 years later... too bad there have been so many debacles between SC2 and Refunded that divide the community.

I remember creating a comparison of how it was to copy a Grunt versus a Marine between the two editors.

Doing anything in the SC2 isn't just harder, it takes way longer, which is why a large part of the community never touched it.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Either I got used to the way Warcraft III looks in StarCraft II or the lights and generally Echo Isles was converted better than Bandit Ridge. Using the 5.0 PTR by the way:
echoisles01.png
echoisles02.png
echoisles03.png
echoisles04.png

echoisles05.png
To me it looks really sweet.

Well like before, Warcraft III unit portraits need better lightening and stuff.

So I was pointing out in my previous feedback post that info boxes are needed for many Data fields. Looks like the Trigger Editor's info boxes are more than decent.
For instance, now I understood what magazines are.

Not sure what banks are. Is that some sort of Warcraft III Game Cache or some Hashtable stuff?
Or Catalogs.
I guess Data Tables are Hashtables?

The Item trigger section seems to be missing stuff Warcraft III has, like add/remove items, hide/show items etc.

Not sure if this can be fixed ingame (Data) or it requires the editing of the models but the FX on SC models is huge if they are scaled:
SCFx.png
Also, for some reason can't select that model edited hero by drag select. Also the selection circle won't shrink by changing its size (selection radius).

Ah and I think water should be by default pathable for ships.

Last edited:
Level 1
Either I got used to the way Warcraft III looks in StarCraft II or the lights and generally Echo Isles was converted better than Bandit Ridge. Using the 5.0 PTR by the way:
To me it looks really sweet.

Well like before, Warcraft III unit portraits need better lightening and stuff.

So I was pointing out in my previous feedback post that info boxes are needed for many Data fields. Looks like the Trigger Editor's info boxes are more than decent.
For instance, now I understood what magazines are.

Not sure what banks are. Is that some sort of Warcraft III Game Cache or some Hashtable stuff?
Or Catalogs.
I guess Data Tables are Hashtables?

The Item trigger section seems to be missing stuff Warcraft III has, like add/remove items, hide/show items etc.

Not sure if this can be fixed ingame (Data) or it requires the editing of the models but the FX on SC models is huge if they are scaled:
Also, for some reason can't select that model edited hero by drag select. Also the selection circle won't shrink by changing its size (selection radius).

Items are special units in SC2. You can just use remove/create unit show/hide unit to do that.

Level 3
Meh. Now I am not sure if I should continue making my wc3 map or switch to sc2. Why would blizz compete with themselves ? They announced this sc2 patch exactly at the moment after reforged hasnt been received well. Big coincidence ?

Well I am sure they will continue reforged support ofc, at least judging by the latest developer update about ranked play. I wish they reveal at least some long term plans about the two games.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Level 3
Yeah but have you tried it? The SC2 editor is very powerful and there are tutorials out there to ease people in

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Yeah but have you tried it? The SC2 editor is very powerful and there are tutorials out there to ease people in
I have dude. I even gave feedback on it. I mentioned this before, replying to you.
The tutorials out there aren't official and there's a lot missing. Besides that. Now you're switching from talking about Easy Mode to the normal mode.

What's too complicated for me is actors and their huge numbers of events. Effects and behaviours are complicated too but it seems a bit less a pain than actors.

Level 3
I presume they're actually adding the specific SD textures from WC3. That way you can properly convert the map.

Can anyone confirm this in the data/textures

Last edited:
Level 3
You've answered it yourself, shucks.

?

I mean, right now its not clear at all which of the two engines will be more worth it to make maps in. We dont know which one will get more support / features / playerbase / etc in the future. SC2 surely feels superior right now tho. But I heard its custom maps scene isnt quite popular for some reason.

Btw, can players reconnect to the games in SC2 ?

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Did we have these textures in PTR version 4.13 or was it added in PTR 5.0? I don't remember seeing them when browsing textures. They even have this "@" just like the new Data Collection stuff.
Definitely don't remember those!

OK, tried converting a Sunken Ruins map and aside doodads and units, the terrain/tileset is still StarCraft II:
shrineoftheancients01.png
shrineoftheancients03.png
shrineoftheancients04.png
shrineoftheancients05.png
shrineoftheancients06.png
shrineoftheancients07.png

The lighting on this doodad looks horrible:
shrineoftheancients02.png
Hmm, I guess it's the light orientation or just shadows over it help:
shrineoftheancients02b.png
Can be fixed by playing with the lights I guess:
shrineoftheancients02c.png
Anyways, the lighting manager is super!

So I guess that's how the Sunken Ruins tileset looks now.

Switching tiles with others seems rather complicated compared to the easy way in the World Editor. You have to do it via Data (Object Editor).
The Warcraft III named tilesets look pretty different than the original. Are they supposed to be some sort of HD versions of the original ones? I hope they aren't SCII modified ones.

Because placing tiles is different in StarCraft II you can't do stuff like this anymore:
icecrown.png

Ashenvale Leaves tile looks low quality:
ashenvale.png

The Outland texture seems to resemble the original the best:
outland01a.png
outland01b.png

outland02a.png
outland02b.png

Now this one looks as if the lower and raise terrain tool was used on it:
outland03a.png
outland03b.png

outland04a.png
outland04b.png

outland05a.png
outland05b.png

outland06a.png
outland06b.png

outland07a.png
outland07b.png

outland08a.png
outland08b.png

An issue with water texture selection:
water.png
OK, this seems to have been fixed after making a new map.

I presume they're actually adding the specific SD textures from WC3. That way you can properly convert the map.
Well converting RoC .w3m still doesn't work.

I mean, right now its not clear at all which of the two engines will be more worth it to make maps in. We dont know which one will get more support / features / playerbase / etc in the future. SC2 surely feels superior right now tho. But I heard its custom maps scene isnt quite popular for some reason.
Yeah, you're right. I mean, if they wanted to make the games into one, I guess this Reforged news wouldn't have surfaced so soon after the SCII PTRs but at the same time they are changing the ladder system akin to that of SCII.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Show an Ashenvale map
You could download the PTR yourself though. It's free.

Also,
Please use the green Edit button at the bottom of your posts and add text there instead of writing one post after another of yours unless it's an important update.
Site Rules

Items are special units in SC2. You can just use remove/create unit show/hide unit to do that.
Aha, I had no idea they were basically units. So setting them as variables and using those unit triggers is the way to go?
You have some misunderstanding about the new duplicate system: the actor and behavior are already automatically copied, if you did it in the Data Collection tab or in the easy mode. It's wrote in the patch notes. If you duplicate them in other tabs, you surely don't have them, as they are using old copy behavior. I have seem no unit lost actor after I copied them in easy mode.
Yeah sure but they are not properly linked to the new duplicated collection or at least it looks that way since as mentioned, the casting animations are not played.
Same as all the ability fields you mentioned - all of them can be customized in hard mode, and thus can be exposed to easy mode one by one. The official data may lack some important fields, but you don't have to wait for them to add more - One of the biggest feature of the galaxy editor is it allows public game/data mods. People can create their own "Easy Mode View" and share them with others, so every one benefit from it. This patch essentially allow you to customize the data editor in your own mods.
Hmm, so how could I create a template to use each time I make a map so that I won't have to switch between Normal and Easy mode like crazy each time I'm making a new map?

Last edited:
Level 3
You could download the PTR yourself though. It's free.

Also,
Please use the green Edit button at the bottom of your posts and add text there instead of writing one post after another of yours unless it's an important update.
Site Rules

Aha, I had no idea they were basically units. So setting them as variables and using those unit triggers is the way to go?

Yeah sure but they are not properly linked to the new duplicated collection or at least it looks that way since as mentioned, the casting animations are not played.

Hmm, so how could I create a template to use each time I make a map so that I won't have to switch between Normal and Easy mode like crazy each time I'm making a new map?

Nah I haven't got the disk space at the moment, looking forward to go-live of 5.0 but will probably be another week or so

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
my shitty laptop can't run shit
Ashenvale (Duskwood):
ashenvale01.png
ashenvale02.png
ashenvale03.png
ashenvale04.png
ashenvale05.png
ashenvale06.png

Icecrown (Ice Forge):
icecrown01.png
icecrown02.png
icecrown03.png
icecrown04.png
icecrown05.png
icecrown06.png
Looks like the Icecrown tileset has issues being converted as only one tile appears overall.

Lordaeron Summer (Plunder Isle):
lordaeron01.png
lordaeron02.png
lordaeron03.png
lordaeron04.png
lordaeron05.png
lordaeron06.png
lordaeron07.png
lordaeron08.png
I think the thick grass tile is also used in the Sunken Ruins tileset.

Outland (Hell Fire):
outland01.png
outland02.png
outland03.png
outland04.png
outland05.png
outland06.png
outland07.png
The "water" part of Outland looks bad. Maybe we can add what we call alpha channels in Warcraft III or what are secondary skies(?) in StarCraft II to change that?

The camera view in the editor is too close for the Warcraft III mod.

Conversions might not transfer all tile types correctly.

Attached a video where the Goblin Observatory's telescope glass has a weird animation due to the lightening system maybe.

Nah I haven't got the disk space at the moment, looking forward to go-live of 5.0 but will probably be another week or so
Uploaded Ashenvale pics!

Attachments

• goblinLaboratoryReflectionIssue.mp4
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
Level 3
Those Outland textures, and new tree models are impressive; this is a good sign, hopefully of more to come.

The summer textures are from Heroes of the Storm

The Ashenvale Leaves ground texture is from WoW lol

Last edited:
Level 1
Ashenvale (Duskwood):

Icecrown (Ice Forge):
Looks like the Icecrown tileset has issues being converted as only one tile appears overall.

Lordaeron Summer (Plunder Isle):
I think the thick grass tile is also used in the Sunken Ruins tileset.

Outland (Hell Fire):
The "water" part of Outland looks bad. Maybe we can add what we call alpha channels in Warcraft III or what are secondary skies(?) in StarCraft II to change that?

The camera view in the editor is too close for the Warcraft III mod.

Conversions might not transfer all tile types correctly.

Attached a video where the Goblin Observatory's telescope glass has a weird animation due to the lightening system maybe.

Uploaded Ashenvale pics!

I think you need to manually paint water to cover the water gaps. My guess is the waters are stored in the map by each 'terrain cell'. One cell have water, and the other don't have. And when they are converted into SC2, sc2 cliff edge have some extra gaps, leave you with some empty space. Manually paint water in the gaps solve the problem for me.

For the outland water, you may need to set some sick black/purple fogs to cover the lowest cliff. That looks great is if there are no lowest floor.

You can use File->New.. ->Dependent Mod create a mod that can be referred by all of your maps. Mods are essentially maps, just without terrain. The trigger and data inside a mod can be inherited by all maps that use them.

If you want to custom ez view, you can switch to hard mode, and look at the data tab called Data Collection Pattern. These data decides what fields to be shown in the easy mode. They need to be equipped by the data entries in the Data Collection tab.

Data Collection tab defines the objects in the easy mode, while Data Collection Pattern defines their table view.

Last edited:
I found something in the Data Editor called "Gameplay Data" which is in the "Advanced Game Data" dropdown. There's a field called "Default SC2 Gameplay Settings" which is tied to the WarCoopData.SC2Mod dependency.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I found something in the Data Editor called "Gameplay Data" which is in the "Advanced Game Data" dropdown. There's a field called "Default SC2 Gameplay Settings" which is tied to the WarCoopData.SC2Mod dependency.
Thanks. I remember I've been around there before but didn't notice what it actually was.

Steps to get there:
gamedata01.png
gamedata02.png
gamedata03.png
Not sure those contain everything we need though like the Warcraft III Game Constants.

As you see, there are also other things to choose from. I've no idea of most of them, some seem somewhat self-explanatory.

Level 3
Are they going to include the Reforged unit models? Or if they are already accessible, how do you get to them? i like a lot of those models, and would really like to combine them with some WoW imported weapons and stuff.

Are they going to include the Reforged unit models? Or if they are already accessible, how do you get to them? i like a lot of those models, and would really like to combine them with some WoW imported weapons and stuff.
It's all speculation. They have only imported Altar of Kings, Altar of Storms and the Blademaster. Personally I think it was just a test, because if they include all models and assets from Reforged it would take up a lot of disk space.

Level 3
The anniversary is today. The patch was intended to celebrate the anniversary - can we expect it to drop to live today?

More updates here please thank you

blade master dont have prefix like altar of kings and altar of storms which are spelled wrongly. i think this was just a internal test....

what could be some sort of a hint are Handpainted outland mushrooms, they are newly added (well at least in past 2 years xD)

I hope they make new purist models like they did 2015 .

Purist Jaina and Arthas are required for sure, not reforged and not hots versions.

Level 3
Reforged assets are created with completely different workflow for a different engine/set of shaders. Converting to SC2 is possible but would require working textures.

However, the datamined COOP screens with Grommash, Jaina, etc are interesting. A WARCRAFT COOP variation in SC2 might make sense, considering the money that COOP is bringing in.

Hello please leak the upcoming news thank you immediately

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 11
i think its time to say that blizzard Killed Warcraft 3 Refunded and its entire classic scene, as relic did to Dawn of War due to DoW 3 fiasco.

Level 7
They added up to 15 cliffs levels with this patch and most if not all of the Warcraft 3 Assets are available to use in Starcraft 2 and have been for a good while now. They don't look perfect but that's to be expected.

Yeah I saw, you missed the edit for it. Still, that must have been years after SC2 was released, when there was no one left lmao.

It was needed to prevent bloat. Heroes of the Storm is as big if not larger than StarCraft II. Having them as the same product would require an insane amount of install space.

That's some pretty dumb reasoning, you don't need to donwload HotS content if you won't play it, just as you don't need to download every single W3 map in existence every time you launch the game.

My thoughts exactly. Assuming it really makes the SC2 Editor that much easier, this patch is a bomb... but it is 10 years too late. People gave up on SC2 a long time ago.

I bought Wings of Liberty mainly for modding. Then met with a complex, undocumented Editor, an 8 ground tiles limit, a despotic EULA, a 256x256 maximum for map dimensions smaller than Wc3's, people claiming they were reaching map size limit only with triggers, an unability to organize stuff in the data editor, a huge lack of (medieval) assets — nothing to work with besides the three main races as @Lon-ami said.

I remember using Aiur foliage, looking at those round, yellow, black-stripped obviously alien flowers, and thinking: “This just isn't gonna work...” @Triceron's efforts to recreate medieval stuff gave me some hope, but progress soon halted.

Wc3 stuff was only included in 2015, @Dr Super Good — again, 5 years too late after I repeatedly warned through every channel possible after the SC2 Beta in 2009/2010 that it would significantly deter SC2's modding scene success. Other small Editor bugs (such as data editor objects vanishing for no apparent reason) stopped me from modding the game completely.

It's not just lack of medieval assets, it's just that there was nothing to work with. You had the same assets as in melee, and melee was nothing like W3, with all the unique creatures and the rich variety. I don't want to argue Medieval Fantasy > Science Fiction, the assets were just non-existent.

Blizzard flopped hard at worldbuilding, and that reflected poorly on the overall game, not just custom maps. SC2 is just a bad sequel with nothing new going on, kinda like the Star Wars sequels.

And let's not forget about bullshit such as the "popularity" system for the custom games browser, the always online for everything, and the lack of chat channels; everyone asked for them months before release, in the beta, but all we got was Facebook-cancer-connect; took them months after release to stop being retarded and implement the goddamn chat channels.

To be fair, I think the Blizzard we love died at some point between TBC and WotLK. People will blame Activision after the merge, but I prefer to say Blizzard willing to merge was the sign that Blizzard was no longer Blizzard.

Regarding an unified engine. Provided they can somehow solve the disk bloat problem, I believe it to be the future. There's no reason to reinvent the wheel with every new RTS (especially within the same company); improvements would automatically propagate backwards, and it'd mean less code to maintain.

Same goes for an unified Editor — the assets-mod system already acts as a means to separate data. Users could just select assets/mods according to desired settings (medieval or sci-fi).

Should have been the plan back when SC2 released, specially since they also promoted that "sell your maps" SC2 Arcade thing, and planned on having their own Blizzard DOTA. Huge wasted opportunity, but can't say I'm surprised with how poorly SC2 was handled at release anyway.

If they're any smart, W4 or SC3 will release as part of a new mod-friendly platform; and if anyone reading this is smart enough, they won't touch it with a ten foot pole, because modern Blizzard is an absolute copyright cancer that will abuse you and take away anything you do.

Here they are, those models are in sc2 now.

Look how warcraft 3 proportions are evolving....or better say devolving..hesus hernando christo....

a4GME96.png

Holy shit, it's so blatantly bad now that you compare them like that.

Aesthetics > Graphics, always.

Learning the SC2 editor is such a pain you'd have an easier time learning Unity or Unreal Engine; and those are far more useful too. If it isn't simple enough to understand everything without a tutorial, then it's not a good editor, and bad editors aren't worth learning, imo.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
That's some pretty dumb reasoning, you don't need to donwload HotS content if you won't play it, just as you don't need to download every single W3 map in existence every time you launch the game.
That would require they make a platform that supports such partial downloads. As Warcraft III Reforged shows, BattleNet application is not one.
Learning the SC2 editor is such a pain you'd have an easier time learning Unity or Unreal Engine; and those are far more useful too. If it isn't simple enough to understand everything without a tutorial, then it's not a good editor, and bad editors aren't worth learning, imo.
SC2 Editor is not that hard if one thinks logically. Unlike WC3, SC2 has quite a logical editor where stuff mostly does what it says it does and exceptions are rare and not the usual.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
However, the datamined COOP screens with Grommash, Jaina, etc are interesting. A WARCRAFT COOP variation in SC2 might make sense, considering the money that COOP is bringing in.
Citation needed.
SC2 Editor is not that hard if one thinks logically. Unlike WC3, SC2 has quite a logical editor where stuff mostly does what it says it does and exceptions are rare and not the usual.
Logical except for the most part you have no idea what it is or does like actor events.

Level 23
I just had a brief look at the 43 mins of that stream where they were interviewing the two ScII developers, I did not get the impression that there was any integration of Wc3 and SCII in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.