1. Icon Contest #17 - Poll is up! Vote for the most legendary icon set!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Choose your favourite retro song at the Music Contest #10 - Poll!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Join us in our custom games night on Saturday, July 28. If you'd like to create a map for the night, check out the map challenge!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The results for Texturing Contest #28 are out! Step by to congratulate our winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We've created the Staff Job Openings thread. We're currently in need of icon, video production, and social/multimedia positions to be filled. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Music Contest #10 Retro is out! Join us for some retro/vintage fun!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don't be stagnant - embrace change! The time has come to evolve and join the Techtree Contest #12 - Evolution.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. On May 20th a new law about privacy and data processing comes into work in the EU. I am no lawyer and I need help figuring out if we comply and if not, what we must do about it. Please message me if you can provide any assistance. Read more. Ralle
    Dismiss Notice

Patch 1.29 PTR (March 15 Update)

Discussion in 'Patch Discussion' started by StoPCampinGn00b, Mar 15, 2018.

1. StoPCampinGn00b

StoPCampinGn00b

Community Manager

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Patch 1.29 PTR Update

Hey everyone! As most of you guys know, Patch 1.29 is still in the public testing phase. For those who don't, the thread detailing the insane changes (24 players supports, tons of new natives, balance changes, world editor limits raised, true widescreen, etc) is here: Warcraft III - Patch 1.29 PTR
    You will also find the download link linked on that thread.

Today comes with a significant update that comes with many bug-fixes, but other changes and adjustments were made to the melee and modding scenes as well.

[​IMG]
    • Camera reset to 1.28 height
    • Team colors revision v2. Props to @Erkan for setting us on the path (Erkan's post on the Hive color thread)

BUG FIXES
    • Korean client crash resolved
    • Custom hotkeys no longer unbind Esc
    • Matchmaking now starts when using community maps
    • Alchemist's Healing Spray now self-heals
    • Various missing textures located
    • Queueing actions behaves correctly
    • Thanks to @TriggerHappy for the test map

KNOWN ISSUES
    • Selecting LAN in Asian locales crashes the client
    • Esc on Mac has a chance to close the client
    • Opening a scoreboard will temporarily freeze the game during a multiplayer match
    • TriggerAddCondition() now requires you to add (Condition()) around the "function
    funcname"
    • Constant native DecPlayerTechResearched not working
    • The GUI equivalent for SetAbilityOnIcon and GetAbilityOnIcon have invalid parameters
    causing the editor to throw errors
    • World Editor crashes with bad IF statement syntax
    • Cannot set research to a lower level using SetPlayerTechResearched
    • DecPlayerTechResearched causes SetPlayerTechResearched to set level at a lower value
    • PlaySpecialEffect and PlaySpecialEffectWithTimeScale are not working correctly
    • The Italian client is missing menus

[​IMG]
    • Ladder maps cleansed of sneaky tower locations near starting mines
    • Blademaster, Shadow Hunter, Dreadlord, Demon Hunter, and Priestess of the Moon have been adjusted.

BALANCE CHANGES DETAILS
    Blademaster
    • Mirror Image
    • Decreased Mana cost (all levels) from 115 to 100

Shadow Hunter
    • Serpent Wards: Increase damage and Increase HP
    • Level 1: Increase damage from 11-13 to 14 to 16; Increase HP from 75 to 90
    • Level 2: Increase damage from 23-26 to 27-30; Increase HP from 135 to 165
    • Level 3: Increase damage from 41-45 to 48 to 52; Increase HP from 135 to 200

Dread Lord
    • Carrion Swarm: (Buff) Mana Cost (all levels) 110 → 100
    • Max Damage Increase:
    • Level 1: 300 Dmg to 400 Dmg
    • Level 2: 600 Dmg to 700 Dmg
    • Level 3: 1000 Dmg 1200 Dmg

Demon Hunter
    • Mana Burn: (Nerf) Mana cost increase from 50 to 60

Priestess of the Moon
    • Attack Speed (cool down): (Buff) change default from 2.46 to 2.33
    • Scout: (Buff) Mana cost reduction and increase movement speed
    • Level 1: Reduce mana cost from 100 to 50; Increase movement speed from 270
    to 300
    • Level 2: Reduce mana cost from 75 to 50

[​IMG]
    • World Editor limits raised for reals
    Neutral Units - 2,048
    • Neutral Buildings - 384
    • Player Units - 4,320
    • Player Buildings - 2,400
    • Items - 1,024

And that's all! 1.29 looks to be one step closer to its full release. Please test the new PTR version and help provide feedback either on our forums or Blizzard's forums.

Link to Blizzard patch notes: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/bnet/topic/20761878126

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2018
  2. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
  3. Avahor

Avahor

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    :amad: it's happening again..
    nice to see hive references on blue news!...

4. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Still no 4k support, unacceptable
    [​IMG]
    Jokes!

5. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great that the updates come in so fast, but I am really dissapointed that they reverted the height again. This was in my opinion, and I'm not alone with it, one of the best changes that they made.
    I can understand that some pro players felt weird about it in the first place, and I do respect when it comes to nostalgia. But after a few days, many of us and of them got used to it really fast.
    There is no upside to going back to the old height.

It was WAY better for watching streams like Grubby because you could follow the action much better. For the first time my girlfriend watched him a bit too, because she was actually knowing what was going on.
    It was easier to get into the game for new players because they would not have to get used to a 2003 cramped view, that the successors of its mods did eliminate for something like 10 years now. (League of Legends and Dota2 for example)
    And I would even say it was a lot smoother on any custom map too, because you just had so much more possibilities of greating bigger scenes with more units and more oversight. Of course there is always the -zoomout command workaround, but I still feel it should not be the way to go.

Maybe I'm a bit too harsh on the beaver, I just woke up and read the patch notes, and this was the first thing that came into my eyes. Maybe I should do more thinking about it.
    However, enough of the sobbing in this matter: Still great work in all the other parts. They are really working on the game and that is nice to see. Especially the many upgrades to the World Editor and the fixes are amazing! Keep up that part, and maybe do the favor for me and others: Put the camera on 1.29 height again. It's 2018 and people should get used to something that is more up to date, even for an old game like this.

6. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If they are going to go that route with team colors they better improve team color selection menu. A long vertical line is just poor UI. I'm happy they kept the normal height.

7. Whitewolf8

Whitewolf8

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hmmmm... is it weird that i liked the previous 12 new colours more? uh... anyway.
    New 'Dark Blue' is rather unpleasant to look at, something about it's just so off-putting.
    I find it hard to differentiate between 'Light Yellow', 'Light Orange' and 'Light Green' as well, but all this could just be me, I dunno.

8. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Oh man, those Balance Changes... So is this it, guys? Such tiny changes in numbers... But it's all the right stuff, right? Wind Walk & Scout = viable? Mana Burn, finally nerfed??

@GhostThruster

9. Twilight

Twilight

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    • Camera reset to 1.28 height

Please, someone, whoever really, anyone who reads this comment... please. GET THE OLD CAMERA BACK, zoomed out was soo good and it was soo clear + it was better to see the screen, now since its zoomed in, I feel like nothing changed, even with the widescreen support. I want that 1.29 camera zoom back. Thanks in advance @Blizzard

10. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    just no.

11. TylerUTS

TylerUTS

Resources:
    Resources:
    uhhhhhhhhh when i try to update to the new PTR changes (with the camera changed to 1.28) it doesn't work,or is it that its not out yet?

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  12. Naze

Naze

Off-Topic Moderator

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    There is! WarIII is such a micro intensive game. Try to micro a single small unit like a ghoul/archer/footman out of a battle alive, with heroes and stuff all going on at the screen. It's easier when the camera is closer, because those units are small and hard to click at, in the middle of the confusion. Same goes for spellcasters like talons or sorcs, or when you're carefully microing them to block the path of a fleeing hero.

I like the far camera though. You can appreciate the game more and have a better sense of what's going on, imo.

Those disadvantages I mentioned are more of a small discomfort than an actual big problem, but I bet Blizzard has heard complaints from the competitive melee players in order to change the camera back to default.

13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    So make it optional.
    Have a checkbox in the settings to allow zoomed out camera.

Should be easy enough.

14. TylerUTS

TylerUTS

Resources:
    Resources:
    yeah that should fix it

15. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    What about enemy units? I hope that was kept too because otherwise the Alchemist shouldn't also heal himself if enemy units are not also healed like in the previous versions.
    Me too.
    Well, I'm not sure but everyone should play ladder the same way for balance?

@TylerUTS do not multipost! Delete bonus messages and copy the text in one clicking the green Edit button at its bottom.

16. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Only problem is, does that imbalance things? If the higher camera can see more of the battlefield, isn't that an tactical advantage?

17. Korialstrasz

Korialstrasz

Resources:
    Resources:
    I would also be okay with a middleway. Let both groups sacrifice a bit. Change it to 50% or 60% of the PTR changes.
    Or add options to change the height only for custom games, and keep it the same in ladder if it distracts pro players so much.
    Just imagine huge 24 players fun maps with a more zoomed out height.
    The bigger the maps get, the harder it will be to get used to it with the zoomed in view. Especially for new and/or returning players, should you be aiming for that, with a possible "Remaster" or big Wc3 announcement thing.

18. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mostly this.
    And this, as also similarly implied on B.net.

19. EredarArbeiterYU

EredarArbeiterYU

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then don't have it zoomed in?

20. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Camera height is not the problem and never was. You can change camera height in custom maps, but in melee it has to stay the way it was for 15+ years.

There is a reason why the camera height was the way it was; War3, as Naze pointed out is micro intensive. You would have a problem clicking and managing heroes and smaller units on a huge battlefield when viewing from so far. Another reason is detail; the more you zoom out, the less detail you begin to see on units. Warcraft 3 was always designed with close proximity to units.