• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.27a - Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.
151894d1453799199-patch-1-27-patch127.png

Today we will be deploying 1.27a for Warcraft III. As with Diablo II, this patch focuses on modern system compatibility. It’s exciting to bring some additional support to another core Blizzard game, and we thank you for your encouragement and patience as we continue working behind the scenes on these types of updates.

Please be aware that while we are working on a balance change and new map pool, that work is still in progress and is not part of this patch. We’ll have further details on that as development progresses.

Patch 1.27a has been released, you can download it here. Or you can click on the Battle.Net button to update your client automatically.

1.27a Patch Notes

Download Patch 1.27a (Reign of Chaos)
Download Patch 1.27a (The Frozen Throne)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.27

Specific Changes & Improvements
- Throw away that old PowerPC Mac in the closet, we’ve created a new installer to support Mac 10.10 and 10.11
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Fixed a crash caused by Chain Lightning

Known Issues

- Windows 8.1 and 10 saved games are still stored in a location that requires running as system admin
- Some graphical issues with the cinematics are still occurring
- Changes to gamma settings will not take effect in windowed mode
- Cyrillic characters are still not displaying
- Disabled ambient sound while a MIDI issue is being resolved
- Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported
- Mac build does not support the editor

Roland

R

Roland

That's great! Now I can patch all the workstations here in my grandfather's computer shop hurrah! Good thing we upgraded from Win XP to 7.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Screenshots still ignore gamma setting although gamma and performance is back in what one assumes is "D3D" mode. This is annoying since the in-game gamma should be more accurate than post-processing gamma.

They fixed D3D support (no -opengl flag) on Windows 10. Gamma now works on it and it performs well. They also added support for newer Mac computers, which are a considerably larger share of Mac computers than the old PowerPC ones.

Level 19
Screenshots still ignore gamma setting although gamma and performance is back in what one assumes is "D3D" mode. This is annoying since the in-game gamma should be more accurate than post-processing gamma.

They fixed D3D support (no -opengl flag) on Windows 10. Gamma now works on it and it performs well. They also added support for newer Mac computers, which are a considerably larger share of Mac computers than the old PowerPC ones.

well, if they did, maybe it's true. I can't see how many top tier PCs with win10/mac around WC3.

Level 4
Patch 1.27

Specific Changes & Improvements
- Throw away that old PowerPC Mac in the closet, we’ve created a new installer to support Mac 10.10 and 10.11
- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10
- Fixed a crash caused by Chain Lightning

Known Issues

- Windows 8.1 and 10 saved games are still stored in a location that requires running as system admin
- Some graphical issues with the cinematics are still occurring
- Changes to gamma settings will not take effect in windowed mode
- Cyrillic characters are still not displaying
- Disabled ambient sound while a MIDI issue is being resolved
- Mac 10.9 and earlier are not supported
- Mac build does not support the editor

you forgot to say : prevent bots from working

Level 15
Well, this update isn't all of the main pack.
just read Ralle's post about cool stuffs on the way, people just need to be patient.
the worst scene is If they release all the pack in one shot, Just imagine the chaos in our hands, it's like to get a medieval knight, dress off his armor, put him a smoking and order him to drive in a modern way, all without warns or advices. :goblin_boom:

Level 19
xD
I've read lots of posts about people complaining about this update and errors generated.
I just tried to figure a parody about they launching in one pack modern compatibility and all changes requested. how many problems not prevented would appear?

thats why companies have Quality Assurance section. Blizz did search for a QA team lead, indeed.

I was hoping for some balance to melee maps even a super small one would of been nice aha

Don't worry, as they've mentioned before, this is just step 1. You have to get the nitty gritty out of the way before you can move on to bigger and better things. Compatibility is a natural first choice.

Blizzard already acknowledged balance changes--but that is a work in progress:
http://us.battle.net/en/forum/topic/20742874519

So let's look forward to more in the future! :)

Level 9
Well, I can get the official THW bot to log in since the update :(
Also, most of GHost from makemehost/Entgaming don't work anymore. Games are shown, but you can't get in :(

Hey I just tested with my own. This is an easy fix.
Go into your bots config, and upg the VERSION to "27.052240".
Start the bot and enjoy <3

PS:
If you use dynamic configurator it should be under Battle.net tab, remember to do it for every single server.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Wish they would finally ban all the bad robots, the people abusing them such as ENT keep 15-20 empty lobbies open at all times for no apparent reason but to waste their money and annoy people.

The priority for WC3 is balance updates for the professional scene in China. Although not that big, it still earns money unlike anything else Warcraft III related.

That said it would be nice to squish several bugs and crashes with the engine just to improve robustness.

Level 1
So.. a bad patch.. Why not this? :( Good idea with loading screen/mds/blp2/more MB on the f... maps
Blizzard, same company.. like all.. with same support.. GG
One friend, is amused about oficial changelog from Blizzard.. if was like down: Better!

1yFmLKz.png

Level 12
People who are unthankful about this patch are seeing things too shortsighted.

Yes the hype was huge and Blizzard should have foreseen that and at least given the community a little something that feels new and shiny or even come out with a bang. But

a) be happy that there is still support for the game, Blizzard is next to the only company that does this.
b) there are even more patches coming

So they are working on balance changes next instead of changes for mappers?

Why? It's not like WC3 is still a thing in the e.sports scene...

It is still a thing in the eSports scene, but mostly in Asia (and it is supposedly bigger than I imagined).

I believe they specifically made that statement to address the feedback that came in from China & the competitive players. But that doesn't mean that there won't be more to come within the next patch. :)

Level 13
I believe they specifically made that statement to address the feedback that came in from China & the competitive players. But that doesn't mean that there won't be more to come within the next patch. :)

Indeed.

--

The good thing for me is that my game now opens really fast. I hated all that time needed to load the game whenever I tried to test my maps.

Level 1
you forgot to say : prevent bots from working

I hope this isn't the case, as I, and probably others with me have to rely on makemehost to actually host games at all. :/

Judging by the makemehost site, it seems that at least THEIR bots do not work, currently.

But i assume this could be an isolated issue, or that they may or may not work in the future?
I mean i am aware of that blizzard are not particularly fond of bots, but it would still be a shame to see makemehost in particular go,
as some of us have to rely on their bots to be able to host games at all. :S

Level 1
Feedback, from us.. was a petition for bigger maps, from BS DON group and a forum. 2-3 years ago. And blizzard gives a f*** about feedback from players.

Level 12
when? tell us the date, it would be much better.
Probably half a year to a year until any meaningful changes are released.
I don't mean this as a discouragement, as I think it's great what you do, but imo your expectations are too high. Wc3 will never (at least not from Blizzard) be patched to a point where you can do everything you currently require.

As for modders, I think we're lucky if we get higher mapsize limit, some bug fixes, some more UI modification possibilities and 5-10 new natives which make life easier. Of course I would be happy if my expectations are surpased by Blizzard.

Status
Not open for further replies.