• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

1.27 has been confirmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TKF

TKF

Level 19
"simultenaously on 15th march 2016 worldwidely" is unclear, when exactly? 8hAM uswest time? 00h00 AM Australia time? WHEN EXACTLY PLEASE!!!

It would be midnight in europe, perhaps crossing into 16 March. In australia it would be 16 March in the morning sometime maybe for sure unless I mess up with my timezone calculations.

So Wednesday for europeans or late tuesday.

Level 9
It would be midnight in europe, perhaps crossing into 16 March. In australia it would be 16 March in the morning sometime maybe for sure unless I mess up with my timezone calculations.

So Wednesday for europeans or late tuesday.

There's another possibility... Considering the fact that he said Tuesday to the Chinese people, and it's already Tuesday on China right now, maybe people from America (me included) will get the patch on late Monday :p

Level 15
It's Happening now!

Warcraft III 1.27a Patch Announcement

Classic
Developer
Today we will be deploying 1.27a for Warcraft III. As with Diablo II, this patch focuses on modern system compatibility. It’s exciting to bring some additional support to another core Blizzard game, and we thank you for your encouragement and patience as we continue working behind the scenes on these types of updates.

Please be aware that while we are working on a balance change and new map pool, that work is still in progress and is not part of this patch. We’ll have further details on that as development progresses.
Edited by Classic on 3/14/2016 5:38 PM PDT

Level 2
If I'm reading this correctly they are not even mentioning custom games on the to-do list. Not that I expected anything, still stings after all the hype though.

Level 5
At this point after all these years, an expansion and battle.net revamp is the only thing that could excite me about Warcraft 3. Some minor things? Yawn.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
I would show you a gif I made when I try to load a model in the object editor. Only took 40 seconds.

But I don't remember in which thread I posted that gif.

edit: Still had it on my computer though.
The first part is in the object editor and the second part is me trying to select a model for a special effect in the trigger editor.
e2563c1b4fe1997d008e480e8ba7c457.gif

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
I added the gif to my other post. It's made in an empty map so it's not some odd model that screw it up.
I can confirm this is not a problem with the patch or Windows 10. Those buttons shown in the gif load in 0.5-1.0 seconds maximum. Tried both the current 1.27 WorldEdit and the 1.21 JNGP WorldEdit.

The problem must lie with your computer somehow. Check I/O performance. Check file anti-virus settings, check program permission, check for graphic driver updates. Make sure the editor is not running in compatibility mode and try running it as an administrator to see if that makes a difference (if it does then it is permission related).

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It's fine in the normal editor, it's only JNGP that is slow af.

I got both 2.0 and 5d, 5d seems a little bit faster but still slow "only" 10 seconds to open up the special effect model list.
The wc3 copies are legal and up to date (1.27). All files including JNGP is on my SSD. My graphic card is not entirely up to date, but it was up to date last week so it should not matter in regards to wc3. I will update it right now regardless.

Both JNGP and Wc3 are exceptions in my anti virus.
The editor is run as admin and not in compatibility mode.
Program should have full authority since the whole disk has full permission by default set by me.

edit:
I tried to disable my anti virus entirely as well. No luck.

It's fine in the normal editor, it's only JNGP that is slow af.

I got both 2.0 and 5d, 5d seems a little bit faster but still slow "only" 10 seconds to open up the special effect model list.
The wc3 copies are legal and up to date (1.27). All files including JNGP is on my SSD. My graphic card is not entirely up to date, but it was up to date last week so it should not matter in regards to wc3. I will update it right now regardless.

Both JNGP and Wc3 are exceptions in my anti virus.
The editor is run as admin and not in compatibility mode.
Program should have full authority since the whole disk has full permission by default set by me.

edit:
I tried to disable my anti virus entirely as well. No luck.

To be honest you should just contact Blizzard support. There is nothing we can do, posting here is useless and you're hijacking this thread.

SpasMaster

Hosted Project: SC
Level 23
To be honest you should just contact Blizzard support. There is nothing we can do, posting here is useless and you're hijacking this thread.
Discussing how the latest patch affects the game and the editor should be done right in this thread imo. Obviously Chaosy didn't have the issue prior to the patch, so I wouldn't call this hijacking, but that's just my 2 cents on it.

Discussing how the latest patch affects the game and the editor should be done right in this thread imo. Obviously Chaosy didn't have the issue prior to the patch, so I wouldn't call this hijacking, but that's just my 2 cents on it.

Actually he did have that issue, you can click on my thread in signature - Warcraft 3 in Windows 10 OS. This thread is about Patch 1.27a, it has nothing to do with world editor issues that are not patch related.

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
It is related because the patch note said that it fixed some windows 10 issues.

And I did not have issue when I used windows 7.

I originally replied to:
Agreed.People complain,yet I'm thankful that they fixed the Windows 10 issues

Which I basically called BS. Since the patch notes did not say so + I still had my issue.
patch notes said:
Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10

Level 21
It is related because the patch note said that it fixed some windows 10 issues.

And I did not have issue when I used windows 7.

I originally replied to:

Which I basically called BS. Since the patch notes did not say so + I still had my issue.
right.....

- Improved compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and 10

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Except the issue you describe is clearly an issue with the game and your computer and not the general game compatibility. I do not have the issue with Windows 10 and Warcraft III and by the sounds of it most people here do not as well, hence it is something with you rather than with the game.

That said it would be nice to know what is causing it. Could you give more details such as what graphic card you are using and how you have the game files stored? If it only started when migrating from Windows 7 to 10 then it is possible the desktop composition of the preview window is causing a major stall for some reason (it should not be). If you have the MPQ files or any game files stored as compressed (file system setting) it is possible the I/O speed is much lower than you would expect with a SSD.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Is your anti-virus set to a high level setting of file protection/testing? Even if turned off those still apply and from personal experience cause a lot of performance related problems as well as security errors.

It is also possible this is a Swedish localization issue since some parts of WC3/WE use locale specific stuff. For example various German and French users have run into issues with the in-built JASS compiler using the wrong decimal delimiter for automatic editor created JASS causing invalid JASS to be output and so produce syntax errors the user has no control over. I cannot rule this out as I use UK English on my version of Windows 10 (which operates closely to US English except for dates and some other trivial stuff).

Status
Not open for further replies.