• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Patch 1.24c live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: http://forums.battle.net/thread.html?topicId=21559815844&sid=3000

Karune said:
In the process of optimizing the map editor we have made several changes to improve its usability. These updates are now live on the Westfall (PTR) and players are welcome to test the following changes:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.24c
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIXES

- Fixed a problem with the "Chapter Six: The Culling" human campaign map
that was preventing it from loading.
- Fixed an issue that allowed JASS functions to return incorrect values
under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue that caused the TriggerEvaluate native to return
incorrect values under certain conditions.
- Fixed a minor memory leak when using GroupEnum natives.
- Fixed a crash when using the CreateImage native on PPC Mac.
- Updated Mac World Editor to work with recent JASS changes.

Last edited:
Level 9
Nice, another patch. Probably soon enough I'll patch it, once I get my Warcraft interests back soon enough (hopefully map making).

Level 5
You shouldn't make these site-wide announcements until the patches go live. It would better suffice as a Warcraft Discussion forum topic.

{EDIT}
This is not a heavy modification. There has been a fix for the GroupEnum leaks for years at this point, and the fix really changes nothing about the ways we do things. The Mac fixes and their fixing the return bug usage in their own campaigns are the best things in this patch, really.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
I'm not sure what made you think I was complaining at all. Just pointing out that this patch, aside from the Mac stuff and campaign fix, is rather meaningless. (Unfortunately)

Level 5
D4RK_G4ND4LF said:
I tried to find a workaround for these damn enumeration leaks for like 3 hours!!!!!11
There was some solution to it posted at Warcraft 3 Campaigns years ago. A simple search there revealed to me that you just had to use a TRUE boolexpr. I'm amazed people don't actually refer to these resources before doing the work on their own.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Last weekend I found out that "The Culling" was broken. Thank god someone informed them about it.
I guess we should be glad Blizzard is still releasing patches. It seems little fixes are the preparation of something bigger; let's hope it is.

On the process, an unexploited GetLocationZ() would be great to have. IsUnitInRange() and similar functions could also be put to work (I don't think they're functional?). There are workarounds for these, but it'd still be good to have them.
Battle.Net's disconnection problems have also been mentioned. I wonder if this is somehow connected to any specific trigger action (function)? I noticed I don't disconnect in every map.

EDIT: If they are indeed fixing their own campaigns as Duragon claims, then it would also be appreciated if they could set each map to use the most recent patch balance changes on units. This possibility is reduced since they would probably have to test their campaigns all over for balance issues.

Level 19
There was some solution to it posted at Warcraft 3 Campaigns years ago. A simple search there revealed to me that you just had to use a TRUE boolexpr. I'm amazed people don't actually refer to these resources before doing the work on their own.

I'm amazed people don't actually think other people are insanely ****** instead of thinking that they tried to express something else

I was talking about GUI (I only make GUI stuff) so it IS hard to archive
(however I knew about the boolexpr thing even before I read the linked post)

nevertheless I didn't mention that in my post so you couldn't know...

topic: a friend of mine told me that the patch appears to work with non-english wc3 versions, too

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
Sorry for being a noob and all... but exactly how do you DL this patch? Would very much like to have it to fix WE for my mac. Thanks!

Level 14
Eccho, i thought so too. Then i tested them because i was already testing null boolexprs. Then i noticed that they dont leak in 1.24b (unlike those enums). The whole "replace TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ" was for naught (not like i ever did it).

I was talking about GUI[...]
Theres a simple solution to all GUI problems: Use JASS and use the workarounds available there.

Level 23
Pool's crash? When?

The incorrect values thingy has to do with the return bug again, now you can't return it no matter what (as far as what I read from Poot's post on wc3c). If you try to do it it will result to the thread crashing instead.

Level 23
this?
Update - 11/18
We've recently completed a revised version of the Diablo II 1.13 patch that removes the increased stash size. A larger stash will unfortunately no longer be a feature included in patch 1.13 due to the previously mentioned concerns. As higher priority work continues on Warcraft III we're hoping to complete our quality assurance tests for the 1.13 patch in the next few weeks. But as always, the types of issues that may appear and take higher priority are rarely foreseeable. We continue to plan a release based on our best intentions.

right. Got that

Level 14
Like Hashtables were implemented replacing sucky Indexing system for GUI users which wanted MUI.
Hashtables were not implemented with GUI in mind. They were implemented as a compensation for fixing the return bug. As a side effect GUI got hashtables.

Anyway, for the record: The "return bug" is still there (kind of). Refer to the wc3c.net thread for the details.

Level 4
Wait, does this mean that World Editor for Mac now is the same version as for PC?
I mean, my Mac's WE right now is version v1.20d, and my PC's is 1.24b. I've had some problems with imported files when I load my PC-created map in my Mac.

Level 23
Hashtables were not implemented with GUI in mind. They were implemented as a compensation for fixing the return bug. As a side effect GUI got hashtables.

Anyway, for the record: The "return bug" is still there (kind of). Refer to the wc3c.net thread for the details.

I interpret it as the return bug is not possible to do anymore, since it causes a thread crash (however, yes it does still compile bug cannot be actually used in game).
Is there any other post somewhere more than this one let me know Deaod .__.

Rui, you might have been referring to this:
JASS:
// Not currently working correctly... 
constant native AbilityId                   takes string  abilityIdString   returns integer 
constant native AbilityId2String          takes integer abilityId          returns string
Those have never worked properly afaik

Level 10
Wait, does this mean that World Editor for Mac now is the same version as for PC?
I mean, my Mac's WE right now is version v1.20d, and my PC's is 1.24b. I've had some problems with imported files when I load my PC-created map in my Mac.
My WE version is 1.24c after updating. It's still not equal to the WE for PC - still no shift-double-click to set out-of-range values in the object editor, still crashes if you click away after editing a trigger's name instead of hitting enter...but at least the JASS syntax checker has been brought up-to-date.

Level 22
Well, any race change like nerfing human for example would make even the few left players, quit war3 for good. So we wouldn't really expect such changes.

Again, except for the fixes that looks boring, what is left for adding in patches is new GUI triggers, smth that Blizzard doesn't wanna do. It's enough to say that you don't even have a unit function when you have 'A unit finishes training a unit' and the only reference is Trained unit, no reference for the building doing the training.. and many many others.

Level 23
GetTriggeringUnit is a response to alot of events, hell, some of the extra responses is just slower and could be replaced by GetTriggeringUnit in general. So yeah, GetTriggeringUnit do reference to the building which is training the unit.

I got your point tho.

Level 22
Now from a gaming experience point of view, because such patches to me are uber useless.

Such 'Patches' if we can even call them so are from the type that make me say like many others - Oh wooow it changed my life, not'. Seriously when you don't have problems with the game this is just COMPLETELY useless to many of us. No1 says race changes anymore - no thx or a few race changes and the few that play war3 will quit this overabused game for good GG.

But without balances there is what to do instead of these needless to 90% of the people patches - Did Blizzard do ban some guys that use phoenix hack that I reported? No. Do they ever do anything to ban them for ever? No. Still MHers and all that shit is there - so happy patches! They increase the gaming fun sooo much with such a MUST SEE patches.

Level 22
1.24 patch made maphacking impossible

Problem solved? Dunno, sometimes I'm thinking my opponent is either scouting a lot or he uses MH. If he's scouting, not MH, then there are a bunch of other hacks that even when you place them right in front of Blizzard, they don't give a shit.

From gaming - pls nerf hackers - IMBA, from mapmaking - pls add more GUI triggers, that's ridiculous not doing it.

Level 10
Basically you are banned if you use any program which manipulates BNet connection. A little time before 1.24, Warden's protection was expanded to custom games. I know that there is chance to maphack if you dc yourself from BNet before turning on maphack (which can be easily discovered just doing /whois)

Well I never seen game with editor who has its all coding language functions in User Interface. But yea, GUI could use some more functions - hashtables were great addition. It would be nice if they add locals for GUI, but I think it could be impossible since locals works only in their function meaning it would fail, since for GUI IF's and even unit groups are in their own function.

Level 6
Well I never seen game with editor who has its all coding language functions in User Interface. But yea, GUI could use some more functions - hashtables were great addition. It would be nice if they add locals for GUI, but I think it could be impossible since locals works only in their function meaning it would fail, since for GUI IF's and even unit groups are in their own function.

Do hashtables work in GUI? Last time i checked them out (1.23b?), there was basically no GetHandleId support and most of the Hashtable stuff didn't work either.

Status
Not open for further replies.