• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Wc3 Patch 1.23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
A new patch for warcraft 3 has been released.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Patch 1.23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEATURES

- Battle.net now uses a new banner ad system.

FIXES

- Fixed an exploit where an altered custom map would be seen identical to
the original custom map.
- Fixed an issue where some patches could not apply on Intel Macs.
New banner ad system! Well I guess we should just consider this as a bugfix release ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Rui
Level 17
You forgot to add that they've fixed all the lame WE bugs, and added several new natives based on player feedback.

Of course they didn't. Seriously, I actually thought this patch might have been useful at first. I'm actually surprised this patch failed to perform a service to DotA.

Level 6
The new patch is bugged!!!

1. After I installed it and join battle.net game crashes :(
2cond start it didn´t crashes but it laggs now
3third start now without laggs

2. FIXES:

Quote:
the original custom map.

The biggest (bug) problem. Now after the patch i looked in my warcraft 3 downloads(not the blizzard download folder! Takes later an important role!) folder and ca. 50% of my maps are not shown. Omg are the deleted? No!

Answer: Quote: Fixed an exploit where an altered custom map would be seen identical to the original custom map.
This means translated that f.ex. if you have 3 10 Hero Siege maps in your folder that 2 of them will not shown because they start with the same words. :(

But you can fix this problem easily if you take all your custom maps from your f.ex. your downloads folder or another kind of self-created wc 3 folder with wc 3 custom maps in the download folder of blizzard(You get the download folder auto. if you have ever played an custom map). In this folder all maps include with the same starting letters are all shown!

GL & HF with your new patch

Last edited:
Level 11
Oh boy! Did we wait so long to get a banner ad system? As Khaine suggested, the map fix is completely useless. I don't have an Intel Mac so I don't really care whether it's supported or no :p. Honestly, why should we apply it?

Warcraft III v1.23 Patch Notes

FEATURES

- Battle.net now uses a new banner ad system.

FIXES

the original custom map.
- Fixed an issue where some patches could not apply on Intel Macs.

Not such a huge update, I thought. But hey, at least they're still working on it ;).

{EDIT}
Yeah, the WE exe was fucked up for me too. I had to use my old worldedit.exe which you should have saved :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
The biggest (bug) problem. Now after the patch i looked in my warcraft 3 downloads(not the blizzard download folder! Takes later an important role!) folder and ca. 50% of my maps are not shown. Omg are the deleted? No!

Answer: Quote: Fixed an exploit where an altered custom map would be seen identical to the original custom map.
This means translated that f.ex. if you have 3 10 Hero Siege maps in your folder that 2 of them will not shown because they start with the same words. :(

But you can fix this problem easily if you take all your custom maps from your f.ex. your downloads folder or another kind of self-created wc 3 folder with wc 3 custom maps in the download folder of blizzard(You get the download folder auto. if you have ever played an custom map). In this folder all maps include with the same starting letters are all shown!

GL & HF with your new patch

Gotta get this stickied.
Anyone who versions their maps is kind of screwed without knowing this.

Level 23
Rofl...

*They patches it for exploit purposes, yet someone already made a maphack on sooner than 20 minutes. It was reported in the battle.net warcraft 3 forum.
*Downloaded maps must have the path Maps\Download\ in your installation directory as far as I can see, otherwise the downloaded maps are not detectable (Probably alright in Screnario as well, and just Maps\).
*Names can now have an invalid name and unable to being hosted. Funny I got that when I was testing my spell online...
1zgba88.jpg

However, you seem to complain about the instability and issues. That's funny, I didn't notice that ._.
*JassNewGen seems to work fine with 1.23
*Battle.net is stable. I had ~5 seconds freeze lag when loading all components when entering the battle.net server for the first time (only the first time) with the patch. Other than that it looks normal to me.

More complaints/changes?

Level 40
They did the exploit fix for DotA, I'm almost definitely sure.

Funny, because my brother was actually testing out that exploit in DotA about half an hour before they got around to loading the patch.

Also, everyone on the BNet forums has been calling that ad system for so long.

They also seem to have made battle.net a lot more awesome.

Level 2
The new patch is bugged!!!

hum .... i don't know, try to test the hoihoi8 custom hero survival, impossible to see this map !
i delete my custom folder and clean my download map, only 1 map are in the donwload folder (hoihoi8 custom hero survival) and i can see it into wc3 when hosting (lan or bnet) ...
what's wrong ?

EDIT : ok i find the issue, name of hoihoi8 file is too long :
hoihoi8 Custom Hero Survival 1.21 PROT.w3x is too long
hoihoi8 Custom Hero Survival 1.21.w3x is OK

{EDIT}
After some try : filename of wc3 map is 35 char + ".w3x" maxi => 39 char

EDIT :
without ads, a small free software to count char in filename :
http://www.dcsoft.com/products/longff/longff.htm
you select folder, put 39 in the box and GO

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 23
@ Arthas, sounds strange, I can't remember I've been through that:s

@ The_want_mirror, yeah, though, you can't chnage the patch destination yourself, but changing the regkey in regedit to a valid wc3 directory path should work.

(If you dont know how you are to do it, I am giving you instructions here anyway:)
*Open the Start Menu -> Run and type regedit
*Locate the regkeys for Warcraft III. They are usually on the same place on every computer with some exceptions. Try to look at: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Blizzard Entertainment\Warcraft III and see if it exists. Otherwise, it could be in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
*If you got everything right, you should have some regfields like these:

nyzp8i.jpg

*Change the InstallPath and InstallPathX data to your new directory path.
*Change the Program and ProgramX data if necessary (I am not sure you need to do it).

That should work, hopefully.

@ Xarwin, since it is has the suffix "a" I am sure we are to expect more patches.

I really cant give you info, even my self doesn't know what's happening. My brother uses the same production key and everything and it works, but for me it doesn't. I am having some internet problems doesn't really matter but without it i cant find any info on the internet.

Edit: I have installed the patch somehow and it worked. Still i cant enter the battle net. Even doe it says 1.23.068 something like that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.