• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Wc3 Patch 1.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Maybe Blizzards new patch actually works, and it is harder now to play one game with 2 different maps, or then still it happens. Dont really know.

Level 3
When i try to patch to 1.21b (from 1.21a, did reinstall) I get a checksum error with a sound file...random? I think so. So i can't even comment on 1.23...Oh joy.

It says:

The patch could not be applied because it does not match the file checksum.

Filename: UI\SoundInfo\DialogueSounds.slk.

The irony is, when I put in the original exe into a cracked warcraft game folder, it patched up to 1.21b fine the first time I patched up a while back...

Level 17
Level 1
The game-cache exploits were fixed about 3 days ago,
So where most crashes and errors that 1.23 caused.

So far the patch has been working fine for me, and there is no duplicate system that is preventing me from playing maps I had in v1.22 or v1.21

I think it may be that your guys' WarCraft III has some MPQ error that isn't letting you play maps and/or causing exploits in your game caches.

For example:
Try replacing your cache.mpq file with
cache.exe

It actually stops the exploits

Level 23
The game-cache exploits were fixed about 3 days ago,
So where most crashes and errors that 1.23 caused.

So far the patch has been working fine for me, and there is no duplicate system that is preventing me from playing maps I had in v1.22 or v1.21

I think it may be that your guys' WarCraft III has some MPQ error that isn't letting you play maps and/or causing exploits in your game caches.

For example:
Try replacing your cache.mpq file with
cache.exe

It actually stops the exploits

I was talking about the exploit letting users have a similiar map which would be considered as the same as the original, but by using GetLocalPlayer and SyncStored<value> could exploit the values store to whatever he wanted to. The exploit has been notified in the latest days in Dota for instance.

How can they fix that exploit of gamecaches without releasing a new patch eh?
My wc3 works perfectly fine. Those errors about not letting you host a specific file, or such, is the effect of blizzard introducing us to b.net 2.0. That however, could most likely have been fixed.

Last question... cache.exe? cache.mpq? Where did you find that?

Level 23
Why has confirmed testing still said that they are exploitable? Or maybe I must check the date again.

Edit: The date seem to be correct. Let me bring up some quotes

Strilanc @ wc3c said:
The new hashing method is sha-1, still applied only to the important files (so translation maps should still be possible).
Vexorian @ wc3c said:
Yeah blizz needs to fix this Sync stuff until then using gamecache as freely as DOTA does is not a great idea. I wonder how the Table + structs methods would be abusable. Edit: I think that in some of my more recent spells that use Table it is possible to make them unstoppable by using this exploit, fuck.

Well it doesn't mean you have to believe in it. But I do, since they also tested and verified the exploit, and that it was still possible.

Captain Griffen said:
Tested. Confirmed. Can be edited by local syncing. Even if you can't bypass the hash, there's the possibility of a hack to do it without editing the script itself.

Level 12
@Khaine: I dunno why you get this error, my wc3 works just fine with maps spread in all folders. A friend of mine had problems like this, when he tried to play a game the screen went all funny and wc3 lagged superbly.I think it was his hardware that caused the error, what pc do you have?

Level 6
Okay, I took some time to read through this, and it mostly sounds like a bad patch.

So, my question is... is it really safe to download this patch? Or should I wait until 1.23b?

And is there anyway we can get Blizzard to make 1.23b?

Level 12
Ha! I bet no one thought of this theory!

They make useless patches to cause bugs, which then they release another patch to fix those bugs! Its genius, because then they get payed more money! =)

Level 25
Ha! I bet no one thought of this theory!

They make useless patches to cause bugs, which then they release another patch to fix those bugs! Its genius, because then they get payed more money! =)

Causing rage isn't something that companies wants really.. It's easier to remember something bad than something good..

Status
Not open for further replies.