• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Wc3 Patch 1.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 40
It is known that maphack could be found through a jass system, you ain't going to tell me that blizzard can't keep it up.
Maybe they should hire someone of the hive to solve their noobish problems.
Maphack cannot be found through Jass...

Or maybe add a checksum to every map? That would be great.
From what I hear, there is, but it just fails to take certain things into account (which people abused, thus the exploit).

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I went this morning for a test session with redmarine, and oh my god, is it screwed...
It took nearly a minute just to select a map, the only one that actually showed up in the folder (there were 5 more which were not visible).
Then redmarine joined, it was really laggy, he left, and he came in again, but his previous slot with a frozen download was still being held by a "redmarine". Two redmarines. It was hilarious, pity I forgot to take a screenshot.

If anything, this patch's gonna kill Warcraft III rather than keeping it alive. My call for 1.23b.

Level 18
Will ever allow what?

I was off with this, I didn't notice the two pages of discussion in between:

I just wish this game became open-source. Why not? Eventually nobody'll be using it and it'd be a great template for indie games.

@Rui
That is hilarious indeed. I just hope we will still be able to have Sunday sessions.

Level 2
Warcraft 3 is working fine for me with this patch.

I'm a little disapointed though. This patch doesn't really do anything.

Level 1
This patch does nothing -.-. OH WAIT IT HAS A NEW BANNER AD SYSTEM LETS CELEBRATE THIS GREAT THINGY!
This does not even crash my game. I'm disappointed

Level 6
I really cant give you info, even my self doesn't know what's happening. My brother uses the same production key and everything and it works, but for me it doesn't. I am having some internet problems doesn't really matter but without it i cant find any info on the internet.

Edit: I have installed the patch somehow and it worked. Still i cant enter the battle net. Even doe it says 1.23.068 something like that.

You mean you bought one game and both are using it? Because that won't work.

Level 16
When i tried to enter B.net it showed the normal download screen,, going from 0% to 100% in no-time,,
I had to click the 'Update' button which closes Warcraft (still normal so far)
And then it showed up BNUpdate,, which would pop up an other screen in a split second, saying: "BNUpdate.exe werkt niet meer"
Which means in english: "BNUpdate.exe doesnt work anymore"
(I use Vista) Whenever i try to enter Bnet it shows the message again which forces me to click 'Update'
And then BNUpdate.exe doesnt work anymore =\
So i cant update it! D=<,,
Any solutions?

Level 23
Update the stand-alone patch.
You can find it mostly anywhere, and it's also up on Blizzard's ftp.
ftp.blizzard.com - /pub/war3x/patches/pc/
scroll down and you will find it among the other languages. If the 1.22a to 1.23a doesn't work, try to download the full stand-alone 1.23a patch.
Another thing could be that you have to run the file in administrative mode. (Right click on the file and "run as administrator")

Level 22
No, here's my observation. It is not the name of the maps but the name of the folder coz I have maps with 25-character name, one of the maps has a ®. If my folder is called 'Space' and I have a map 'Outer Space' for unknown reasons only 1 map won't show out of my 5. If I call it 'Missions' maybe coz 4 of them have that word either in the map description or elsewhere, only 1 map will show (the map that doesn't have that name). So you should either place them in FrozenThrone\Scenario or a custom folder like I did - it should have up to 5 characters. You can call it '123' or 'HDFG' and with such unique names all maps should be seen. It's incredible what crap Blizzard made depending on the folder name different maps to show/hide every time...

Level 1
If the patch error is "Cannot find the file Install/Path", do I need to e-install? I tried installing manually, but the game goes on as if it wasn't there by trying to auto nstall the patch whenever I attempt to connect to Bnet.

Level 20
Wow we need a 1.23b NOW! They just need to remove this (anti duplicate system) crap and then we'll be fine. Sorry not being able to play the majority of the maps I have really isn't something I wanted. >.> Time to uninstall and repatch to 1.22 and until this crap is fixed fly solo and Lan only. T.T

If anything, this patch's gonna kill Warcraft III rather than keeping it alive. My call for 1.23b.

I couldn't agree more. >.>

Level 12
Wow we need a 1.23b NOW! They just need to remove this (anti duplicate system) crap and then we'll be fine. Sorry not being able to play the majority of the maps I have really isn't something I wanted. >.> Time to uninstall and repatch to 1.22 and until this crap is fixed fly solo and Lan only. T.T

I couldn't agree more. >.>

Garena
but
oh wait!
thats screwed up aswell..
everybody and their grandma updated to 1.23 and you cant join/see their games...

j o y

useless patch for a banner system and a failed attempt to fix some bugs...

btw how long has it been since they patched? 1.22 - 1.23?

hbout blizzard opens a site, where replays can be saved, and observed by mass's, and if more than 3 people vote he used a hack, either send to further analasis by blizz... OR remove about 10 victorys, because you have to asume he got away with it atleast 70% of the time XD, if blizz rep agrees, it would mean compleetly resetting their ladder

btw maps that are edited with 3rd party apps, are the ones im haveing trouble with, unless there in the download folder... (optamized, ect)

Level 23
They dont even have to be optimised. I totally hates this new patch now since:
a) My spell wasnt able to be hosted on bnet (due to invalid characters, which, however, was fixable.)
b) My speed mapping contest submission was not able to be hosted on bnet due to "game not found" when trying to host it.

Level 8
Ye , but because he uses gamecache for storing gameplay data like spell damage and stuff like that, people could use SyncStored -functions with GetLocalPlayer and join DotA game with their fake map, and pwn everybody.

Level 25
hbout blizzard opens a site, where replays can be saved, and observed by mass's, and if more than 3 people vote he used a hack, either send to further analasis by blizz... OR remove about 10 victorys, because you have to asume he got away with it atleast 70% of the time XD, if blizz rep agrees, it would mean compleetly resetting their ladder

Someone would have a very boring job then.

Status
Not open for further replies.