• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #2 - Party Style Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Well I am against anyone with the same IP entering the contest, because its just to hard to try and figure out whether or not their the same people.

We can prove that we are two people, as i said we have 2 computers at our dads place and you have the word of 13lack and Dread backing us up. And if i was to find another partner here would my brother then be allowed to enter with someone else?

well I said no to madcat, so it would be unfair if I said yes to you. So the best thing to do would be to find a partner here. Theres already been people asking for partners, so just send one them a pm.

:confused: Please add us to the contest list, we just want to compete with our friends 13lack and Dread. I think cutting my brother out of the comp is unfair on him.

Edit:
I've just been talking to Dread and we were wondering if it was possible for me to pair up with Dread and my brother to pair up with 13lack? (or vise versa)

Dreadnought[dA];387910 said:
Would it be alright for me to pair up with The_Twinz and 13lack.1)ragon pair up with Maelstrom_? (Well that is if they agree on it and 13lack.1)ragon agrees on it.)

I am almost certain that would be allowed.

@Taur - With WIP's do you mean the actuall map or screenshots? Because screenshots would be no big deal, it is more posting a map that would suck.

Level 10
I would like to join I will have more time on my hands since my sprained back will keep me home from school for a few weeks.

Level 8
Donut and I are in.
Map NameUser #1User #2Submitted
Battlebots! (Name Pending)PreskooldudeDonut3.5

EDIT: Whoops, he already posted a while back.

Level 2
WIP:
attachment.php

Pandaren Party - Gerlif and Reflexar
Our minimap preview :D

Attachments

• PandarenParty.gif
    PandarenParty.gif
    51.4 KB · Views: 316
Level 19
Grave Games

Created by Scyth-Master and Ham Ham

Description: Grave Games is centered on 'Gloom Island,' where you are working for a divine energy, you may chose which divine energy you are working for before the game begins. You play the role of a competitor in a contest that makes you battle to the death, and then be revived and thrown into another, more brutal competition, or thrown back into the same competition, against the same opponent... until the challenge or competition is done. The Divine Energies are: Apollo Beam and Everlasting Gloom. If you chose to work for the Apollo Beam, you will be a human player, if you chose Everlasting Gloom, you will be undead.

Players:

Apollo Beam:
militia.gif
Players 1-4 + 10 (Computer)

Everlasting Gloom:
ghoul.gif
Players 5-8 + 9 (Computer)

Level 3
Yes I will allow that. I am updating the contestants page again now. Could you post then which pair is doing which map?

Sorry but i changed my mind, i want to work with my brother. If i was to work with Dread and my brother with 13lack we would be working on 2 maps on the one computer, it just wouldn't work. I have another point to put foward about why we should be allowed to work together.
The reason you don't want 2 people with the same IP to work together is because it may just be 1 person working on the map by themself right? Well what if for example 13lack did all the work in his pair and Dread just has his name on it, this would have the same result with only 1 person making the map. Really all your are relying on is the word of everyone that they are 2 people who both will be working on the map, which is the same as relying on my word that my brother and I are working on a map together.

Level 6
It seems my partner has lost interest already in creating this map. Please remove are names from the list of contestants.

Level 24
WIP:
attachment.php

Pandaren Party - Gerlif and Reflexar
Our minimap preview :D

Great looking preview, I like it a lot ;)

Does it have to be made into stages? Because I have sort of a new idea for an party themed game.

Yea you can do it however you like, as long as it follows the rules.

Sorry but i changed my mind, i want to work with my brother. If i was to work with Dread and my brother with 13lack we would be working on 2 maps on the one computer, it just wouldn't work. I have another point to put foward about why we should be allowed to work together.
The reason you don't want 2 people with the same IP to work together is because it may just be 1 person working on the map by themself right? Well what if for example 13lack did all the work in his pair and Dread just has his name on it, this would have the same result with only 1 person making the map. Really all your are relying on is the word of everyone that they are 2 people who both will be working on the map, which is the same as relying on my word that my brother and I are working on a map together.

Well I would prefer that you don't do it with someone who has the same IP, however I will think about it, although I am still reluctant to let anyone with the same IP join as partners.

It seems my partner has lost interest already in creating this map. Please remove are names from the list of contestants.

Ok, I have removed you from the contest.

I am in with 1)ark_NiTe!We still haven't decided the name of our map though...

Ok well added you to the list, and tell me when you have a name :)

Level 7
Please fix the thing on the first post involving the teams (I with twinz and dread with maelstrom_) It is me and dread with the current map name.

Although dread hasn't been showing as much initiative ive been whipping him into action to create some minigames lol :) we've currently got two made :)

Level 3
My brother and I have made a start on our map, hes making terrain im doing the triggers and we're both making units/abilities. So far it has bits of 5 minigames created but we still dont have a map name. :p It has a night elf theme. My brothers also gonna do some cool photshop art for the loadscreen and preview screen.

Level 3
uh, shouldn't your partner be someone that has a diff IP...
I have already been through this in my other posts in this topic, theres no reason for us to be excluded.
@Anyone whos interested: We just arrived at our dads place so we can do that proving we're two people thing if u want.

...and is an active user on this site? then ur brother wouldnt get any credit.
I'm not sure what you mean by that as im not even an active member myself. Look at my number of posts. All but one of them where from this topic. My brother has an account here and a small number of posts, just like me.

@Bob27: Thanks for adding us to the list! :wgrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.