• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #2 - Party Style Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,as I played it I entered minigames,and didnt knew what to do,the map is good but i'm dissapointed that I wasnt added at the users poll

Well the instructions appear on the screen, so it was just you who couldn't read them. Not my fault.

And we can't add everyone, now, can we?

Level 3
Good luck everyone! :) Now to get back to work on Footmen Rev XD

@Bob27: Spammy and Joelimphi haven't got a link in the table to their map. It's posted on page 18.

Edit: When playing ToK in Single player fill it with computers, i got the AI finished for about 3/4 of the minigames. =P

Last edited:
Level 7
Ok, here's my judging...

~~Trials of Kalimdor~~
The Good:
A fun game overall, and nicely made, it is professional. Games are fun and original. Terrain is exquisite and beautiful. Complemented by working AI in most games which is always good.

The Bad:
Huntress wars is bugged because of non-mui leap (and you get 2 huntresses by accident if it is played twice).
TD is incomplete and only creates 2 builders.

Well done Maelstrom_ and The_Twinz

~~When Servers Collide~~
The Good:
I loved the imports and the terrain, its a very original idea and could go far. It has potential.

The Bad:
It is a bit confusing ingame, with an aos style map with (I find) pretty poor mini-games. Some heroes are obviously very much stronger than others and don't need "time" points. It is also 2mb, which would make it ahrd to spred to other gamers online.

Has potential

~~Hellscream's Party~~
The Good:
Very funny cinematic start and sets a good theme, it is sort of slow though but thats fine.
Minigames are fun and creative and terrain fits each stage perfectly.

The Bad:
Bandicoot game hotkeys are both D, there is a slight bug in penguin race where you can slide off the game (happened to a friend). Completely void of ai. Also, on a final note, it doesn't end with a band! It ends with a big black screen, we ALL expected a cinematic with Hellscream killing off Uther and were disappointed. :(

Really great, Its fun :)

~~Who do I vote for?~~

I guess my vote would have to go to... ToK. The ai just makes it enjoyable to play at any time, even if it could've used more time to enhance the games.
Second place... Hellscream. Third, Servers.

~~Final words~~

They're all great maps and have potential, I hope all of you continue to work on these projects after this is over.

and finally...
When will the voting thread be opened so I may cast my vote.

Level 11
Bandicoot game hotkeys are both D, there is a slight bug in penguin race where you can slide off the game (happened to a friend). Completely void of ai. Also, on a final note, it doesn't end with a band! It ends with a big black screen, we ALL expected a cinematic with Hellscream killing off Uther and were disappointed. :(
WHY would you need AI for a party map, the point is to play with friends. Playing with a computer isnt fun and we werent going to waste our time doing it.

and for the ending cinematic I had one T.T of grunts on a podium but I forgot to remove the filter :(

Status
Not open for further replies.