• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
The Hive Workshop's
Mini-Game Contest #2

Contents

Rules

• All entries must of been made for the contest, no past works may be entered.
  • All entries must be done solo, no teams are allowed.
  • The map must support at least 4 players.
  • All entries must be under 4mb, so they are playable on battle net. Having them under 1mb is recommended.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.
Criteria

CriteriaDescription
GameplayHow fun is the mini-game? Was it balanced?
TriggersHow well have the triggers been made? Do they leak? Have they been done in an efficient way or haven't they?
Concept/OriginalityIs the idea a good one? How original is the idea? Does the idea work well?
QualityHow well has the map in whole been put together? Does everything work well, and is the map finished?
The entries will be marked with 50% judging, 50% public poll. Once the deadline has been reached, all entries submitted into the contest will be marked, and a public poll opened.

Deadline
The deadline for the contest will be the 13th of July, which gives contestants 21 days (3 weeks) to complete and submit their entries. All entries must be submitted before or on that date. When you would like to submit your entry just post it in this thread. You can post a protected version if you like, but then you must send me an unprotected version.

Prizes
Bellow is a list of all the prizes that will be awarded for this contest.
1st. 40 reputation points, and an award icon.
2nd. 20 reputation points.
3rd. 10 reputation points.
All of the winners will receive their prizes once the judging is completed.

Contestants
If you would like to enter the contest simply make a post in this thread, stating the information about your entry.

Contestant NameEntry NameSubmitted
UchihaSasuke.grImba Wars
DevineArmyLast Real HeroesX
Billy2Netherwind DreamsX
Beast(TrOg)StealthX
hvo-busterkomoWarcraft Olympics
HeretodlstuffOger Tuanting CompetitionX
NearbyHermitWitch DoctorsX
EcchoThe Giant Snowball
~Void~Krijn Hunter
JanSzeRun Bug Run
Troll-Brain
HINDYhatLordaeracers
mapper300Eat the ChildX
pandarian
hawk900Ice WarriorsX
LeftyjohnMusicraft
Just_SpectatingOgres
ParrotheadStay off the Blue
Famouspker49Axe Grinder
DontPeonMe.The AvalancheDisqualified
WILLTHEALMIGHTYGoblin Commanders
ThrikodiusBouncerX
IncarnationUltimate Frog Hunt
DebodeKing Of The Mountain
communist_orcPub FightX

Last edited:
Level 9
Yeh - I might consider joining also.
I have an idea that requires about 2000 triggers but should be under the 4mb limit (especially as it's only 32 X 32 :p)
I'll see how i get on with the map before I enter.

Level 30
i might entry with my mini AoS
but im not sure

edit lets enter
<table style="width: 524px; height: 90px;" class="tborder"><tbody><tr><td class="alt2" style="padding: 3px;">Contestant Name</td><td class="alt2" style="padding: 3px;">Entry Name</td><td class="alt2" style="padding: 3px;">Submitted</td></tr><tr><td class="alt1" style="padding: 3px;">DevineArmy</td><td class="alt1" style="padding: 3px;">Last Real Heroes (probably change it into miniAoS or something)
</td><td class="alt1" style="padding: 3px;">
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Last edited:
Level 5
Bob27, i will join and will start right away. I have a name for it now its called "Netherwind Dreams", no quotations and it might be about Dreams.

Will there be a paired mapping contest #4?
Billy2Netherwind Dreams

Last edited:
Level 24
NearbyHermitMoar Repz!?!

The second part of my last year entry,yes it is started from scratch,very attractive,very well made,twice as crazy,containing the everyday Hive goof!.

And Eccho,quote me and CnP the list content

Last edited:
Level 24
Cant figure out a theme,can you guys choose between these two?

NearbyHermitMoar Repz!?!

Moar Repz!?! is about 4 members of Hive,that want to rob the Rep Bank,they must evade the Admins,Mods,Hostile Users(Spammers) and Ralle.

NearbyHermitColored

Colored is a survival map that include four types of element.I'm just telling you guys that you will wear glasses after you see this crazy map.

So,which do you find best?

NearbyHermitMoar Repz!?!

The second part of my last year entry,yes it is started from scratch,very attractive,very well made,twice as crazy,containing the everyday Hive goof!.

And Eccho,quote me and CnP the list content

Don't forget about my rep model ;D

Level 24
Ok I have updated the contestants list, just tell me if I have missed you.

Will there be a paired mapping contest #4?

Maybe, not sure whether or not I will do another one, I will probably do another contest between this one and the next paired one though.

Hmmm, I just need to know, how you define a "Mini-game". should it be a complete map like Uther party, or just one Mini-game so to speak?

I would say it needs to be one mini-game, rather then an Uther Party style map.

does Archer Wars count? Because I have a map for it that only needs a few spells worked out and I'd be done. lol And I worked on it all by myself. :D

Yea sorry but it has to have been started from scratch for the contest, so that couldn't be entered.

Level 5
Awww so we cannot have a map with like 12 mini-games in it, it has to be a mini-game of one map which is short or just a 32x32 Playable map area or something? Please define in more detail please?

Are we still allowed to do something like Uther Party?

Ive already got a brilliant starting area

Level 7
Maybe i will join with "run bug run" (not a kitty clone... I have no better name atm^^), too. Lets see how busy i am!

Level 7
hrhr thx again :)

yap its a bit stolen from "Amiga" but i added LOTS of custom things. I just stole the Bug & Butterfly idea^^ the rest is mine... But at friday i'm going to drive to norway with my dad. So i have no time for this :/ Next contest ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.