• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Modeling Contest #2 - Critters

Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG the contest is over??? I thought it ends tonight at 11:59 PM?
Can I still submit mine? plz
OH SHI-
I misread PM as AM. Sorry.
Yeah, submit your entry while you can.

@Pyramidhe@d: I'm just mentioning WIP part as the rules states that all contestants must show at least one WIP during his/her progress. But it's up to the host and judges to decide if these entries will count or not.

attachment.php

The Otter

Polies: 442
Vertices: 508
Mesh and animations are scratch-made. The model is amphibious, has swim animations included. Stand animations have 3 variations each. Move speed for both walk anims is 150.
The Otter fits better Sunken Ruins, Felwood and Ashenvale environments, although it can fit many. I hope you like it!

Attachments

• Otter_SS1.JPG
    Otter_SS1.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 148
  • Otter_previewalphabig.gif
    Otter_previewalphabig.gif
    698.3 KB · Views: 5,468
  • Otter.MDX
    54.8 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Level 31
Okay, cool, then this is my final entry:

My Ultra-Low-Poly Armadillo :p

74443d1264867246-modeling-mini-contest-2-armadillo.jpg

Has only 82 Triangles, uses only ingame textures and moves with the animations of the sheep xD
Please view it ingame, screenshot isn't the best :) I made a little Testmap.

Thanks to PyramideHe@d, and indirectly DonDustin, who taught me how to use Blizzards animations.

If You uses it, a scaling of 1,7 is suggested.

I hope You like it :)

Attachments

• Armadillo.mdx
    26.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Armadillo_Portrait.mdx
    26.6 KB · Views: 47
  • ArmadilloTestmap.w3x
    39.5 KB · Views: 171
  • Armadillo.jpg
    Armadillo.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 358
Level 15
Well, I just realized that it said 11:59 GMT. I'm just going to keep going on as if I didn't read that. You shall have my submission at 11:59 Pacific time.

/me leaves before anyone can tell him otherwise.

EDIT- Alright, as I promised, at 11:59 Pacific time, the jellyfish:

EDIT EDIT- CRAP! ONE MINUTE LATE! lol

EDIT EDIT EDIT- Ugh, screeny was in .tiff format, had to change it. DONE!

EDIT EDIT EDITeditiedtieditiridieiedi- LOL, fixed a minor animation bug on accident. This is the last update, I promise.

Attachments

• Jellyfish Screeny.png
    Jellyfish Screeny.png
    304 KB · Views: 170
  • Jellyfish Complete.mdx
    19.9 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Level 19
I see there are no judges yet but there are still good modelers left that didn't enter like Pyritie or General Frank. Maybe they want to judge it? Pyritie? I know you will read this!:D

:/ meh, i can be a judge if you guys want. I tried to be thourghough and explain my judgement when i did it for modeling contest 15.
Oh yeah, we've got anarchianbedlam, too. Why did I think that you were participating?
If BlinkBoy accepts judging we have 3 judges, then. And GF may accept it too, summing it up to 4. :)

Level 26
what qualifies someone to be able to judge exactly?

Enormous ego, general ignorance, that sort of thing. Oh, and a general lack of urgency 'bout things.

Also, helps if you've made half decent resources before, have an abrasively critical eye, and don't pander to contestants. And have the emotional range of a brick so as to not feel bad about dishing out randomly generated scores.

EDIT: The second part was meant to be less snarky. Eh.

Level 31
Enormous ego, general ignorance, that sort of thing. Oh, and a general lack of urgency 'bout things.

Also, helps if you've made half decent resources before, have an abrasively critical eye, and don't pander to contestants. And have the emotional range of a brick so as to not feel bad about dishing out randomly generated scores.

EDIT: The second part was meant to be less snarky. Eh.

Pure win.

Status
Not open for further replies.