• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Modeling Contest #2 - Critters

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks kinda chockers on the polies, hows that going?

uhhh havnt checked the poly count yet

well 530 triangles total
attachment.php

Attachments

• Pugglet.png
    Pugglet.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 423
Level 12
Join_Spectating: Sorry, but.. I never saw a flying skull spirit as a critter before. On Zelda, they're actually a enemy. Hmm..

Edit: Which means your model would be a good contribution to zelda maps, since it is really similar. Only a detail or too are not. If the fire was brighter...

Level 26
the eye area of your bat should be a new geoset without any transparancy and the material of the wings should be twosided.
Oh and the unwrap of the body could be a tad better( the light side is at the botten right now, but should be on top, because the light comes from above aswell.

Level 8
heads up, might not finish the texture and animations in time, but im motivted enough to keep working on it until it's finished for you hungry mappers. hopefully after a lot of practice il be faster.

Good to know, I can't wait for it to be downloadable. I will use it for sure!

10 days left. might as well join. some sort of bird
so so far we have

giraffe by dio
sting ray by DvO
porcupine by kitabake
walrus by Don Dustin
WILL said something about a cthulu
pug by Forgotten_Warlord
dragon whelp by mulgrim
snail by istAssass
floating skull spirit Just_Spectating
"some sort of gross amphibious cave weasel cricket thing" by tee.dubs
fish by ACdestinydream
bat by Killabong
unicorn by Devine
harp by debode

Last edited:
Level 15
you know what, i'm just gona make a dog or puppy that takes me like 3 days to do, because it's a sure thing my whelp won't make it in time, but i'll finish the whelp either way

might even make an adult frostwyrm in some time after I'm done with it.

edit: baby warg (or warg cub) it is. or wargling? hmm..

Level 25
Here are my wips.
As you can see it's a Mermaid. Nemo style.
326 Faces
I have to finish the texture on the hair, tail, hands and few other parts. Then its ready for animation. Maybe I'll make a new hair mesh.
attachment.php

Attachments

• wip8.png
    wip8.png
    37.4 KB · Views: 102
  • wip23.png
    wip23.png
    168.3 KB · Views: 468
Level 26
maybe skarab??

Edit: made some progress. The mesh is pretty much done, only the tusks are left. The texture still needs some changes ( like the eye, the fur of the stomach area, the color of the neck) and I'll have to rig it

Attachments

• walrus.JPG
    walrus.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 256
Last edited:
Level 15
maybe skarab??

Edit: made some progress. The mesh is pretty much done, I only the tusks are left. The texture still needs some changes ( like the eye, the fur of the stomach area, the color of the neck) and I'll have to rig it

wow really good job on the texture

and now with 6 days, i don't know if I'll get it all done in time, so bai, i'll upload my whelp (which will remain a critter) before the end of february. good luck to all contestants!

maybe skarab??

Edit: made some progress. The mesh is pretty much done, I only the tusks are left. The texture still needs some changes ( like the eye, the fur of the stomach area, the color of the neck) and I'll have to rig it

you should change the moustache color.. change it for a dark brown, or a grey color.. because white stands out too much, also I never seen a picture of a Wallruse with a white moustache.. D:

the model is really nice so far.. good job mate!

you should change the moustache color.. change it for a dark brown, or a grey color.. because white stands out too much, also I never seen a picture of a Wallruse with a white moustache.. D:

its not a moustache lol

but it should be a bit darker. (the beard im assuming)

i also think the arms should be a lot smaller

Level 26

that part is still from the tuskarr, but as it already looked ok it wasn't really on top of my priority list :D

Finally I used the Sheep animations because it was easy and I never used ingame animations before. Thanks to PyramideHe@d who told me how attach Vertices to Bones in Vertex Modfiy.
But the animations are not perfect, but ingame it looks nearly okay.

oohhh, nice :>
haven't tested it ingame, but in magos, all body parts aren't together.
don't know if it's because magos, but you should fix it :)

+rep

@ DonDustin, lawl, like that one :>

Status
Not open for further replies.