• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Mini Contest #3 - Starcraft Critters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Gratz to you, tee.dubs and Zerox. Anyhow, I should know animations didn't count at all before working so hard on them.

Had this been a full-on comptetion, you or zerox would have won no doubt. i wouldn't even have got a place y'know... in fact i'm very surprised i got first, i remember looking at yours and zerox's and pooing myself at how advanced they were.

But regardless, it's made me very happy and it's always a good bonding experience for us modelers, and congrats to those who were first-time participators as well. There were some really cool ideas i thought, hopefully the competitions to come will be more intense because of this.

Had this been a full-on comptetion, you or zerox would have won no doubt. i wouldn't even have got a place y'know... in fact i'm very surprised i got first, i remember looking at yours and zerox's and pooing myself at how advanced they were.

But regardless, it's made me very happy and it's always a good bonding experience for us modelers, and congrats to those who were first-time participators as well. There were some really cool ideas i thought, hopefully the competitions to come will be more intense because of this.
What are you talking about, man. The animations you did were totally awesome. Well deserved 1st place.

@Zerox: As far as I know, your model has some cool animations and it is complete, with guts, effects and everything else. More than mine. :razz:
I'm not complaining that the judging wasn't fair, or anything like that. I just felt disappointing about not having feedback/return on my animations, which I was most happy about. =P

BTW, when are we getting the keys?

Level 20
Ha yeah I did have fun doing all my animations and effects. But that's a lot impart due to the fact that many of my ideas revolved around what I was going to do with the effects and animations. Such as my lightning antennae. It would have been nice to get feedback on them from the judges yeah. But that's not what this contest was about. So I really don't feel like I lost anything because I never expected anything about them from the judges.

Edit: As for beta keys, I guess we are supposed to wait for a pm from Ralle according to Pyritie as Ralle is the one giving them out to winners.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.