• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #1 - Footman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
The Hive Workshops' First:
skinningcompetitionheadeq3.gif

Skinning Competition #1

The Hive Workshop is hosting it's first skinning competition!

Deadline:
25th of February 2007 - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

For this contest you will have to re-skin the Footman model. There is no specific theme.

Rules and Guidelines:

• You have to use the Footman model.
  • No model edits are permitted.
  • The skin has to be atleast 75% freehand created.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP skin preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp and an ingame screenshot.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the textures for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old skins.
  • Textures must be no larger than 256 pixels in any dimension when submitted as final entry, though you may work in 512 (or higher), but they must be resized down to 256 when submitted.
Prizes - The winner will receive +75 Reputation Points and a Special Award Icon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Dang, thats a lot of reputation.

The footman doesn't give much freedom, I'll check and see if it has some potential for something though.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Since the reputation system has been disabled for the commen user, the award prizes have increased in value as well as amount ^^

Oh, and for those who don't understand why the skin has to be submitted in 256x256 dimensions. That's because it's the standard dimension in Warcraft 3 and it's pointless to have any skin above that size. Plus, these skins (should there be any) are meant to be playable in custom maps and shouldn't have a large file size.

About the model, yes there isn't as much *freedom* as there is with other skins. But there are many possibilities nonetheless :)

Level 8
okay I'll try it even thought It will be my like.... 2nd skin ever? lolz okay ^_^

# You must post at least 1 WIP skin preview before the deadline.
# To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp and an ingame screenshot.

Could someone please help me becuase I'm so clueless as to what WIP skin preview is ^_^ please help me understand *pandaren hippy potion is wearing off anyhow*

(can you guess what my skin will look like?)

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Where should we be posting the results? In the Resources section?

myself said:
To qualify for entry, you must post your .blp and an ingame screenshot.
In this thread ^^. However, you are free to submit it as an actual resouce once you've posted it here :smile:

camel's_hump was responsible for the model choosen for this competition. Blame him :p
Still, there isn't as many *quality* Footman skins around the Wc3 communities, and it would be good to get some.
Also, this skin seemed to be a good choice for a first skinning contest considering that it's a basic unit :p

Last edited:
Level 5
Oooooooo Oi Oi, GoldenRam wants to try this... Golden Knight by Golden Ram Chouette! Sorry about that... Yeah but I would like to join this :)

Level 45
heres mine and yes, the footman skin is horribly hard since the body wrap and size is f'd up.

Heres mine so far.

and as for ideas, i suggest take a look at some movies like LOTR or such. Like elvish, dark, dwarfish, monster like...demon like..blah.

Attachments

• Footman.jpg
    Footman.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 225
  • foot1head.jpg
    foot1head.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 187
  • foot1.jpg
    foot1.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 223
Level 5
Any consolation prizes? Maybe a reeses peanut butter cup? I am not sure if mine will be up to par with all these :/

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

sansui, if this skin comes out good, you'll have to make a model of it
If the skin comes out good, why would you need a model for it : /

Nice skin Sansui, I'm really digging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.