• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #3 - Demonic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
That armor and body are looking really good. You are going to do something about those black legs, horns and white hair and that weapon? How about change the team colour place to the shoulder pads or body or something?

Level 10
I think the unwrap looks great, but when its on the model itsself doesnt look as good as i thought it would..

Its hard to put armor on a satyr, because giving him any clothing really makes him look like he's wearing tights. The one on the hand works nicely though.

Try making the thighs armored, keep those armored, but make the skinny parts of his leg bare. It will look better.

Level 12
Denu, a word of advice to you because I have seen you in a lot of skinning contests. Sometimes you just have to go with what you've got, even if you don't like it that much in order to finish a skin before the deadline. I have seen you in a lot of skinning contests, but I have not seen you finish many skins for these contests:p

About this skin, the body is good, but the armor is very monotone.

Level 14
The reason I hadnt completed those contests because I couldnt really. I find it extremely difficult balancing my health and school. Both negatively affect the other in an annoyingly endless cycle. But schools out. I can finally focus on art :/ But when school comes around again it will likely be similar. Although this has been an extremely difficult year even for my normally difficult school years.

Attachments

• DennedarTheLasherWrap.jpg
    DennedarTheLasherWrap.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 133
  • Snapshot#1.JPG
    Snapshot#1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 134
Level 14
I had thought of putting in a lighter color of the armor. I even tried but I didnt like the result. Mostly because I didnt get the colors as I wanted them. I decided to do the rest of the skin and then revisit the armor.

Attachments

• Test.jpg
    Test.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 198
Level 14
I had a couple ideas going into the contest. None of the models that I looked at suited my purposes. Only one idea seemed plausible and only one unit met the parameters... somewhat. It isnt exactly as I had planned but it suits my purposes. I dont really care all that much what it was originally. Besides I havent seen many good satyr skins out there.

Level 8
Okay, well I'm back finally. In response to THE_END's comment that my skin looked to Naga-ish, I had it red at first, but upon seeing that Denu was going with the same color palette, I decided to change it. It was originally supposed to be dragon-like on the bottom half, but I suppose the blue did make it more like a naga. Anyway, here's a minor update. Still tons of work to do, so it's off to work I go....

Oh, and BTW, the skins are looking good, guys. I am really excited to see how everything turns out...

Attachments

• newgnoll.jpg
    newgnoll.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,848
Level 18
Ohh erwt is a crafty one :p
And Dalaran, theres no problem with making a Naga-esque skin
As long as it looks right
And technically Naga can be considered Demons
They are corrupted Night Elves twisted by the implosion of the First Well of Eternity and now want to destroy all races, atleast Azshara's Naga want to

Level 5
Dalaran, can you post a pic of it wrapped?

Submission
"Pit Stalker"

some crappy shots
Quickshot.jpg

Uten navn-1 kopi.jpg

Uten navn-2 kopi.jpg

Paths:
units\Creeps\Magnataur\Magnataur.blp
units\Creeps\MagnataurBlue\MagnataurBlue.blp
units\Creeps\MagnataurBrown\BrownMagnataur.blp

Any suggestions?:grin:i can still modify it.

Attachments

• PitStalker.blp
    307.9 KB · Views: 150
Level 8
Yeppers. Here it is; I'm afraid that you'll just have to ignore the shaft protruding from its crotch, because I don't know how to change that in the warcraft3viewer. I still have a ton of work, but I think I should have an okay shot at finishing on time. Oh, and just for you, THE_END, I switched it back to its original coloring. :grin:

Attachments

• ss0000.JPG
    ss0000.JPG
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,672
Level 14
Well it may not look like much but I got the face fully mapped out and have started shading in the colors. I have marked key parts lightly in the alpha channle so as to make shading easier. His ear twitches unfortunately but I dont think you will be able to notice much. I could really use some ideas on the eyes. I am going to work all day tomorrow and a fair bit more tonight.

Unfortunately I have underestimated the time :p but I can get the skin done by the required time I do believe. The face wrap really threw me off cause well... its a bitch like most blizz wraps. But the end result should be well worth the effort. The face is always a major part of the skin. I am not certain if I can get to adding in another color to the armor. I do think I will be able to make adjustments to it though; like getting it to wrap better and put some hightlights in.

Oh and also could I get some advice on his neck? It is all weird. It makes him look like he has a giant fat neck but if I try and make it smaller it ends up looking a bit weird. Maybe I should just let it be :/

Attachments

49 KB · Views: 285
  • Snapshot#1.JPG
    Snapshot#1.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 290
  • Snapshot#3.JPG
    Snapshot#3.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 206
  • Snapshot#2.JPG
    Snapshot#2.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 271
Level 8
Well
I'm assuming you making it Naga-esque
Which I love <3 (no homo :p)
Look at the in-game Naga skins
Use them for inspiration
You got less than a day to finalize

Well, I know you love Naga-esque stuff, but as I already stated, it was based more upon the idea of a dragon. Thanks for the input though. I may take your advice and adapt it to be more naga-like so I can get some ideas from existing skins...

Level 14
So when does the contest end officially? At the end of the 22nd?

Here is what I got so far.

Attachments

49.7 KB · Views: 192
  • Snapshot#1.JPG
    Snapshot#1.JPG
    202.4 KB · Views: 169
  • Snapshot#2.JPG
    Snapshot#2.JPG
    175.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Snapshot#3.JPG
    Snapshot#3.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
Level 18
Yea can we just have it end like...tonight?
I was having fun being a drunken bastard last night and it would make my day if tonight was the deadline

Edit: Due to this not being closed yet..I assume that this is still OK to enter today

Here he is
The Eredar Annihilator
..his transformation will come later, I don't wanna push it :p

Path is:units\NightElf\DruidOfTheClaw\Druidoftheclaw.blp

The Eredar Annihilator's are sent by Kil'Jaeden to carry out the most important tasks
Their fierce claws can rip through the most powerful armors and magic shields
Their most terrifying ability is to turn into Demon Dogs, fierce hounds that rip through anything in their path.
These Annihilators usually are bodyguards to the Nathrezim Undertakers
These strike forces of Undertakers and Annihilators are nothing to underestimate

Attachments

• Eredar Annihilator.jpg
    Eredar Annihilator.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 430
  • Druidoftheclaw.blp
    214.6 KB · Views: 150
  • In-game.jpg
    In-game.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.