• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #3 - Demonic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
It really doesn;t sound like that many people are int this one. Only SuPa-. END, me and a few others. Arab are you in?

I am hoping to enter this one. I will be out of school on the 14th and hopefully that will give me enough time to whip up a skin. Should be enough time but I might just be so wiped out that I just sleep for a couple days :D

And I am planning on skinning a satyr but I am still considering different possibilities. Satyr is just most appealing at the moment.

Level 12
Lol uniforms. Our school tried to get us into uniforms for about a week, and they will never EVER try it again =) Whats MADD? Math books maybe? Well.... since we need to get back on topic.... the face is about 75% done. All I need to do now is his forehead and then another WIP.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Back on topic of the contest you guys, you can make an off topic thread to discuss this stuff.

Level 14
Just doodling... a little amorphous at this point. Didnt pay attention to wrap. Will worry about that later. I have a vague image in my head of what I want and I just cant forcefully wrench it outa my stupid brain. I like where this is going though. I like the colors I got going.

Attachments

• DennedarTheLasherWrap.jpg
    DennedarTheLasherWrap.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 169
  • Snapshot#1.JPG
    Snapshot#1.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 219
Level 8
I'll hopefully be entering, possibly using the gargoyle as my base skin. I'll have to see how things work out though, as I'll be gone for just about the next two weeks...

@Denu: Wow, great job. Definitely my favorite so far. +REP

@Everyone else: Keep up the good work. This should turn out to be quite an interesting competition...

EDIT: Just something funny I found while searching for a skin to edit. Apparently, centaurs have nipples on their fronts and their backs...

Attachments

• centaur.JPG
    centaur.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 173
Last edited:
Level 14
Mapped out the face a little. I have deviated from my original plan and have arived at a different yet awsome new concept. I am going to give him white hair and perhaps some low saturated redish semi purple color armor that would have designs of skulls and demonlike stuff. I like how I managed his face. Need to solve some more wrapping issues but its looking cool... 10 or so days til schools out... me wants ta skin damnit!!!

Attachments

• Snapshot#1.JPG
    Snapshot#1.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 168
  • DennedarTheLasherWrap.jpg
    DennedarTheLasherWrap.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 142

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Everything but the face still look way too blurry to me. The past few updates have had hardly any noticeable difference.

EDIT: Can you show the unwrap, END?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Well to be honest, the face looks CnPed from the Eredar Warlock texture.

cnp.JPG

But the unwrap would show if it isn't.

Level 18
Ok well I didn't
So I will post the wrap
Chriz. you crafty lil bugger :p

Now I will say one thing
I DID CNP the skull that is on his leg armor
The face I did by looking at the skin and duplicating
Call me a liar, I do not care, but that IS how I did it

Attachments

• Da Wrap.jpg
    Da Wrap.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Okay END, then nice duplication, they fit well together.

I would suggest making the part directly under his face a beard similar to the in game Eredar, and lessen the tentacles as I said earlier, they make him look like an octopus-head now.

Get that contrast and detail in the rest of the skin, the clothes are plain yellow with some shading, same with the flap, no color variation or texture.

Level 18
Hmm rid of the tentacles?! :(
Ehhh true, he does look Davy Jones-esque with all the tentacles
And the thing with the clothes, is that you barely see them, the chest wrap uses that small area of red on the front. And the back is covered by the bear head and spines on the bear

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Looking better, just make his chin go a bit further down so his head doesn't seem squished.

Status
Not open for further replies.