• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #3 - Demonic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Demon One

Alright, here is my skin so far. I still need to touch it up.

Demon one.

Still needs some minor edits and details.

Thanks to wulf for helping me fix a problem.

So what you guys think so far.

Attachments

• Demon One Pic.jpg
    Demon One Pic.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 165
  • Demon One Pic2.jpg
    Demon One Pic2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Yea heretodl, you just need to do more work, that looks like my skins after like 5 minutes
Just expand on it now, more details, etc
Heretodlstuff, thats a good rough draft. In my opinion, if you continue it and detail the whole thing then you might turn out with a decent submission.

Detail the stomach, dont leave ANY part plain. And give the eyes a more firey demonish look.

The thing is, that NOT my ruff draft, for me thats, OK, im all done! I know I can easly do more on it, but I can seem to get much detail on things...Ill try to work on it more though, but what do you think it needs besides details, becaus that dosent help me much. =/

EDIT: And that took me much more than 5 minuits. :p

Level 18
Holy shit Dio
That is scary!
Like legit it scares me to look at it T_T
And theres like over a month left in the contest

And infrenus there is def CnP from the troll there for the body
And why is the face so blurry?

Level 12
I dont think the competition should be untill june 22, Bit too much time if you ask me. But meh, what do i know.

Are you trying to make me lose? I have not finished a contest I have started ever and I want to skin this one, but here you are trying to end it before I can get done. I should be working right now but I got a second wind and now I am working on my map a lot. And I also have to do upgrades, but that is really my fault so I can't complain but still, I like it being a while after school ends so I can work on it when i have so much free time I don't know what to do with it. The Arthas one is really scary. ifrenus... idk it's a good start, at least it is if you didn't CnP, which everyone is saying you did.

Level 10
Are you trying to make me lose? I have not finished a contest I have started ever and I want to skin this one, but here you are trying to end it before I can get done. I should be working right now but I got a second wind and now I am working on my map a lot. And I also have to do upgrades, but that is really my fault so I can't complain but still, I like it being a while after school ends so I can work on it when i have so much free time I don't know what to do with it. The Arthas one is really scary. ifrenus... idk it's a good start, at least it is if you didn't CnP, which everyone is saying you did.

Woah woah, clam down man. I didnt mean like "END IT TOMMOROW AHAHAHAHAHAH"

Like by a few days, maybe the 16th or something.

Last edited:
Level 18
Oh and HELL NO we are not ending this contest early Arab
My real life is currently attacking my skinning work, so I will be finishing and finalizing my skin sometime late next week
The fact it ends June 22 is extremely convenient to me
So shush

And Arab post the original wrap

Level 8
Ok. Here is my updated skin. Thnx for saying its good :) . Actually i was expecting to hear that it sux, cuz i made it with MS paint (i dont have yet other programs like Photoshop) and i dont know how to make some parts of the skin be transparent when adding it to the model. Anyway, here is it.

Oh and my internet will be cut off tommorow most probably, so i belive this is my ultimate skin. Though i might do some changes today.

Attachments

• HeroDemonHunter2.JPG
    HeroDemonHunter2.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 150
Level 10
And Arab post the original wrap

Alright then, here is the 2 before and after. Should i keep it as it is, or is the second one better?

The one with or without armor?

And i've added the original for comparison.

Attachments

• Un Wrap 1.jpg
    Un Wrap 1.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Unwrap 2.jpg
    Unwrap 2.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 103
  • Screen 2.jpg
    Screen 2.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 169
  • Screeen 1.jpg
    Screeen 1.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 136
  • FacelessOne!.JPG
    FacelessOne!.JPG
    17.5 KB · Views: 83
Level 10
Yes, some parts had to be recolored, i didnt find any better alternative. And only the head of the mace is a recolor, the handle i did completly freehand. The face and the eyes and the face texture was also done free hand. So were all the symbols on the legs face and the yellowish symbols on the armor. And i do believe that the rules were that 75% was to be done freehand. I am sure the little recoloring i did is less than 25%. But i will see what i can do.

And also, what i actually asked was which one of the skins were better, the one with or without the armor.

Thanks though

Status
Not open for further replies.