• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Texturing Competition #3 - Demonic Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Arab, your skin is veeery good. (better with armor than without).

Here are my skins. I dunno wich seems better to add. Can I ask advice for which seems better (although there is only a slight difference between them)?

Attachments

• HeroDemonHunter2.JPG
    HeroDemonHunter2.JPG
    16.6 KB · Views: 61
  • HeroDemonHunter3.JPG
    HeroDemonHunter3.JPG
    16.8 KB · Views: 65

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Your Eredar seems way too under detailed, just some yellow shading and purple shading on his clothing. The face is great, but the rest just doesn't seem to be up-to-par.

I like the way the felbeast is coming along though.

Level 5
Speaking of hooves and feet, what should i do with the feet of my skin. I was thinking of giving it a kind of decayed, cracked skin texture at the base.

i suggest you make hooves similar to those on my satyr

as for my skin, i'm trying to make the kobold into some sort of imp/demon worker

imp.JPG

the wrap on the portrait is terrible! i'll try to make something good for as i cant think of a new concept

The club looks bad, it looks like you just painted over it
The club is suppose to look like its coverd in blood.

I think you should do more shading, and take your time. Make actual features, muscles, stomach flaps. Use a darker color of the normal skin color to make the texture.
Much easyer said then done, and im afraid its much to hard for me to do it seems.....I just dont have the skillz I gusse.

Level 8
The club has actually no color.. i mean it has color, but is all mixed up and you cant say its blood or paint. You must make it more clear by adding more dark color to the club.

IS MY SKIN INVISIBLE ? (about the bandages ... HeretoDlStuff ... its not CnP... i just made all his arm black, then added whitey-grey color where the bandadge ends and then if filled with 3 colors gradually the internam MYSELF. Though it looks like CnP now ...)
IS MY SKIN INVISIBLE ?

Level 12
Alright I am actuqally working! I am about... 7% done so far, and that is with the first part of completely coloring him. Then I have to shade, although I am trying to shade as I go. I know I promised pics soon, but I have none. Does anyone have an idea for a cool demon looking emblem I can use on his cape? I want to maybe put an emblem on it, I am not sure...

Level 12
Go into his mouth? That is an interesting idea and I may use it. I was just imagining that it would kinda go into his face and cut off kinda... not just a cut off but the darker spots would turn into skin and the lava would kinda fade into darker and become skin too. Idk what do you think. Oh and you said it looks good but was it really ok?

Level 10
Why when i put the skin onto my hero, the parts that should normally be invisible are totally visible. And i didnt touch em. What's the problem ?

How do i make it invisible ? I dont have photoshop. I used MS paint to make my skin.

There is only one explination, you have edited your skin as a JPG my friend. Thats a bad choice. JPG does NOT support invisble or "Alpha" Channels.

You need to edit your skin as a TGA file. And converting from JPG to TGA wont work, (Unless you want to re-do all the alpha)

My suggestion is, re-extract another file, convert the BLP to a TGA this time. And use a program, open both up in seperate layers, then CNP your skin onto the TGA skin.

To do that you will need to open your skins with a program like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro

There is only one explination, you have edited your skin as a JPG my friend. Thats a bad choice. JPG does NOT support invisble or "Alpha" Channels.

You need to edit your skin as a TGA file. And converting from JPG to TGA wont work, (Unless you want to re-do all the alpha)

My suggestion is, re-extract another file, convert the BLP to a TGA this time. And use a program, open both up in seperate layers, then CNP your skin onto the TGA skin.

To do that you will need to open your skins with a program like Photoshop or PaintShop Pro

While it seems that this is the problem, this is not the only one that could occur. And since when can MS paint alpha?

Another problem you might experience, is that the model filter is not to "none". So even if you try alpha it out, it can't be alphaed so the old parts will stay (its an alpha trick). Since some parts of models aren't set to be alphable (in other words, to the "none" filter setting), you can't alpha them.

You COULD do a model edit, but thats not permitted in this contest. So yeah, you have to deal with it.
BTW, google GIMP if you need a free image editing prgram, MS Paint can't skin for crap.

THE_END: oooh... those are some nasty wraps. The bear looks good though.

Level 10
Uh, chaos, i kinda entered this like, 2 weeks ago when it started. And i posted like 5 Pictures of my skin. WHich is pretty much done except for more armor plates, View older pages. The bottom of page 7 has my latest update.

Im still working on something on the skin, but i've been switching between that and a new map.

And now iristile is in

Status
Not open for further replies.