• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #3 - Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Thx that you finally have realized that we are two different persons :), well some of you might have realized / think / hope, but anyway. Bob27, add eWs.Azure and eWs.SGMM to the contest, map name is undecided

Level 24
Joelimphi and I would like to quit the competition as we do not have enough time as we have many exams coming up soon. Good luck!

Spammy

Sorry to see you go :(

Thx that you finally have realized that we are two different persons :), well some of you might have realized / think / hope, but anyway. Bob27, add eWs.Azure and eWs.SGMM to the contest, map name is undecided

Ok i'll add you to the contest then.

The Time is really short, can we hope for a increase of the deathline? because else our map would have much less quality, and wouldn't be completed, because me and gilles have different time zones, and i cannot stay up so long, so it is hard to work together, damn school.

I'll consider an extension closer to the deadline.

Level 7
Bob27 said:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64246&page=13

Originally Posted by Dreadnought[dA]
Bob you have got to change how voting is done. The person with the most friends wins basically. The last contest was extremely unfair in my opinion and this problem needs to be resolved. Even a blind man can see that Trials of Kalimdor is far superior to When Servers Collide.

Originally Posted by Bob27
I can understand what you mean, but I can't really think of any ways that it could be made fairer.

I've got an idea, why don't we make it where votes make up only about 20% of a persons total end score.
80% is the judge's score and 20% the voters' decision.
Voting score is based upon the percentage of votes a player receives.

Concept:
A person receives 32.5 on 65. He gets 40% on his judgement score. (50% of points times judge score potentiel (50% * 80%)

A person receives 75% of the votes. He gets 15% on his vote score. (75% of votes times vote score potentiel (75% * 20%)

His end score is of 55%

Distribution is completely up to you but I believe this is a much better method than adding raw points to a player's score.

Last edited:
Level 19
I would like to join this but are we forced to have a partner?

dum..
Amg people, come on -_-
Paired Mapping Contest #3

And I hope it will get extended, so me and uchi can finish it (at this moment, we wouldn't make it).

I would like to join this but are we forced to have a partner?

dum..
Amg people, come on -_-
Paired Mapping Contest #3
that's spelled P-A-I-R-E-D.
And I hope it will get extended, so me and uchi can finish it (at this moment, we wouldn't make it).

Last edited:
Ah!!!!!!!!! Double post !!! get the rocks and lets stone the spammer ! ^^

Me and Angus. Young still wanna be accepted ... You guys still havnt written our names into the Contestants list ? (Map name "Micromania")

p.s. how do i attach the map to the post ? Or should i upload the map and put the link into the post?...

Ah ok, never mind... stupid me ! smack <-*me hitting my head agains a wall*
"Advanced post" is the answer to my million dollar question...

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 24
Ok well as far as I can't see there haven't been any entries yet, so there will be an extension. The extension will be 12 days, which should hopefully be long enough for everyone to finish their maps. So the deadline will be the 11th of May.

dum..
Amg people, come on -_-

dum..
Amg people, come on -_-

that's spelled P-A-I-R-E-D.

That's how think conformist people; rules are rules ; words for words...
But if it must be paired it can be paired with a friend in RL that has no account on the hive or even myself.
Any i said that just to ask because htere is no single mapping contest, i'm aware for this one it's too late to join.

Status
Not open for further replies.