• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paired Mapping Contest #3 - Heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Unfortunately, Zero_Blader and I are going to drop out of this contest. We haven't really found too much time to complete the project, so we're out I guess. Maybe next time.

Level 2
Pyritie are you still in? I haven't been payin attention. Cause...if you don't meet the deadline are you gonna continue your Portal map? Because it sounds like it would be a great map.

Level 12
WarcraftArena.jpg

A simplistic yet very fun & chaotic Arena, with a very quick & easy learning curve, yet truly difficult to master.

Game overview
  • Objective - The goal is simply to survive X rounds at any cost & by any means necessary. (X is determined by host at start).
  • Randomness - Each round you will be shuffled into random teams, with the occasional FFA now and then. Your enemies become temporary allies, perhaps they prove useful to you this round?
  • Teamwork - In order to survive, you'll need to work together for a common goal, that being survival. However should an ally 'accidentally' die, oh well a tragic sacrifice.
  • Balancer - If teams are unbalanced, the almighty Balancer will step in, aiding the team in the minority. Beware thou he is especially ferocious and battle hungry.
  • Items - There are many items, ranging from scrolls, potions, tomes, base items & legendary artifacts. Investing wisely can make a big difference!

For more info & screenshots Click Here

Attachments

• Warcraft Arena v1.00.w3x
    198.3 KB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Level 5
Augh I thought we had till tomorrow, we're not too late are we? Submitted what we have so far... =(

Description
This is that kind of map where you defend stuff because that stuff is being attacked. This map has been evoluted to be harder now so die you bitches.

The orcs have mixed their coloured and white laundry, and because they all look so gay they are angry and attacking!

Attachments

• DoTP Main.png
    DoTP Main.png
    856.2 KB · Views: 262
  • lecontestmapDoTP.w3x
    992 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Level 10
Ok after playing some of the maps just for getting a view i think most maps had a nice terrain, i especially liked the terrain of RunningAway. Unfortunately i didn't like how his map used a lot of slang and was rather simple. The spells were good however.

Micromania was good too, it had a very good interface and nice ideas. But the fact that all heroes have the same class and only like 3hp at start was quite annoying. You could die very easily and a few more heroes would've helped.

SniperWarfare was a bit simple...no spells just shooting...also you could shoot team mates and get points for it! It was a bit boring, needs like spells or classes...

Warcraft Arena had simple, yet nice terrain. The arenas were all without any cover, height differences or anything like that which made them a bit the same except they had different terrain. But that was not really the problem. The problem was nearly all heroes and spells were non-modified warcraft 3 heroes, which was VERY disappointing...

I am surprised by some of the good ideas, terrain and spells, but I was shocked that none of the maps had any Help(F9) and some units were just too standard.

Overall good job to most maps.

Level 12
Hoernchen said:
Warcraft Arena had simple, yet nice terrain. The arenas were all without any cover, height differences or anything like that which made them a bit the same except they had different terrain.

Height differentiation, doesn't work very well in this, we tried it along numerous other features such as teleporters, fountains, random tress etc.
You see rounds are very short & you get ppl attempting to hide in corners & run away. More complexity/ways to hide/run only encouraged it more, whilst a simplistic & flat terrain/arena always worked out better.

Hoernchen said:
The problem was nearly all heroes and spells were non-modified warcraft 3 heroes, which was VERY disappointing...

I guess everyone has their own point of view.
I really wanted to keep it simple, where everybody already has a rough idea of what their own hero and other heroes are capable of immediately. Alot of the abilities if not all have been altered slightly thou to balance it out.
Quite a few thou, have simply been removed/replaced to make the Heroes fit better into this Arena.

Level 15
Maybe everyone could post their map here just for fun? :D
It would be nice seeing the progress made!
-----------
EDIT: AHHHHHHHH! I JUST REALISED THAT THE MAP HAD A FEW BUGS WITH PATHS FOR SOME REASON!
so this is the new map if the custom minimap still doesn't work than I have no idea what to do

Attachments

• Advanced Wars Beta.w3x
    860.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.