• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres my map. Not done, but here it is in case I cant finish it before contest ends.

Heres the OLD preview in case I don't have time to update it.

Ogre Tuanting Arena!
ogre-1.jpg
By: Daskunk\Heretodlstuff!

Short Discription:
"Get the ogre to chase you. Once he is, use your abilities to get it to kill the enemys paladins and keeps." Or "Use your various spells to make the oger target enemy's paladin and protect your castle, and train a army of millita to destroy the enemy's castle."
sdfsdf3.jpg

Screenshots:
Image2-1.jpg

sssss2.jpg

Image3-2.jpg

Paladins:
paladin.gif

So far, the abilitys they have are pretty un-original. Suggestions wellcome!
"The paladin is your main unit. He has many abilities to help him use the ogre to his advantage, as well as other uses. Allthough most spells have a low cooldown and don't cost much mana, you need to use them constantly to win. You must chose what spells to use and when carefully, as to not waste mana."
SPELLS:

Holy Swicharoo!
BTNHealingWave.jpg

Discription: "Swaps places with the target unit, escaping the jaws of death. Not for evil purposes of killing other players, of course, its all for the greater good! To prove this, it heals the target a little and makes it invunerable for a tiny bit before it gets udderly destr-- uh...Nevermind."
Uses: You can go near a enemy and swap with the ogre, or swich with your other units or a enemy to get away. It stalls you to use it, so you must be carefull. This is very good for making enemys get killed.

Divine Get-away:
BTNHolyBolt.jpg

Discription: "Teleports the paladin a very short distance. A ingenious plan, and no bloodshed!"
Use: Getting away JUST as your about to die. It teleports a very small distance, though. It is also often used to get over gates and lava before the gates have been busted.

Release extra water: (Name Pending)
BTNTaunt.jpg

Discription: "Everybody wants to do it on a hot day. The sound "Nah nah nah, you can't get me" was just.. uh... the sound of the water. I'm not taunting the oger to make him chase me, not at all. Oh no, that would be mean." (UN-complete. Forces ogre to target you.)
Use: The ogre does not stay targeting you for long, so its more like calling him over. If your fighting creeps or enemy paladin\millita, its very usefull. You can also use it to lure the ogre into lava.

Holy Cow!
BTNAbomination.jpg

Discription: "Summons a Holy Cow! Luckly, it doesn't leak milk. It does, however, leak bad puns."
Uses: Leading ogre away, absorbing damage from creeps and enemys.

The OGRE:
ogre.gif

"The Ogre plays the main role in this map. He can kill your paladin when he is full health with three hits, and millita with one hit. You can lure him on to the pads near gates and he will attack them, if you make him do this enough times he will destroy the gate, allowing your paladin to reach enemy castles as well as your own. You can lure the ogre into lava to damage him. If you kill him, you recieve gold. In a addition to that, you can get him to fight other creeps for you if used correctly."

Other:
Millita - Gold cost 15 - Abilities: Scream Like a Maniac (Description: BELLOW FOR HELP WITH YOUR STRONG MANLY VOICE!) Can load into castle\keeps.
Modes: Creepmode. In this mode, gnolls\goblins spawn in the corner to attack mains.
Lava - Surrounds the baisic arena, can only get past after gate is busted or you use blink.
Gold - Every 10 seconds you recieve 1 gold from charity. I guess.

Abilities planned for the paladins in the future:
Devotion
devotion.gif

Discription: Channels the paladins power to focus on boosting nearby units health. Constantly drains mana. The paladin is slowed while he is casting this.
Uses: Makes the millita have just enough health to take 2 hits from the ogre, rather then one. Good when trying to take down the ogre, but nearly useless if other units come to the fight as well.

Sacred Speed
QuestonMark1.jpg

(Icon un-decided)
Discription: Costs mana to turn on, and drains health slowly to have it on. The target of the spell will have increased movement speed.
Uses: Cast it on the ogre while he's chasing a enemy, so he will speed up and kill the enemy, or use it to get away. Or, cast it on a cow just cuase it would look funny.

NOT DONE. THERE IS BUGS.

Attachments

• Oger Tuanting Arena.w3x
    351.2 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 7
hrhr yeah with an extention of 2 weeks or so i would join, too. But so I will take part in the next competition ;D

Level 7
wow nice filesize :D i look forward to the presentation...
btw: will Metroid Prime be available for PC? I know it wont but maybe you have other news :D

Level 7
well my ask for one was not for real. I wait for the next competition. It would be unfair/stupid for those who are already ready

Level 7
hmm youre right its not really unfair, but it would be stupid like I said, too.
But maybe it'd be unfair if I would get time to make my map ready for this comp. and win it although i forgot to take part

Level 23
Just_Spectacting, I appreciate that fact, but it would still be unfair, since a deadline is a deadline adn if you can't stick to that deadline you are screwed like in real life. Although if a voting would accepting a longer time I would not be against it so to speak.

Level 24
I really ,really hope it wont be like the Hero Contest,the admin goes missing at the end of the contest for 2 months and then we hear that he has problems and cant join Hive anymore!

Well ,dont get me wrong,I would love to have as much contestants as possible,but we have enough already,just for a contest.

And if we receive an extension,what are the others going to do?
I'm telling that they wont lay dormant and wait for the contest to end.

Either way ,it's up to Bob!

Level 24
I really ,really hope it wont be like the Hero Contest,the admin goes missing at the end of the contest for 2 months and then we hear that he has problems and cant join Hive anymore!

Well ,dont get me wrong,I would love to have as much contestants as possible,but we have enough already,just for a contest.

And if we receive an extension,what are the others going to do?
I'm telling that they wont lay dormant and wait for the contest to end.

Either way ,it's up to Bob!

And here I thought that it was up to me. . .

But really, I think that there are enough people to justify going straight to judging. Also the people who did finish should be rewarded for making the deadline.

If am not too competetive, but I think that it would be un-fair in someways, for the people who did put in the time and effort to finish their map, and not demand an extension.

I also see the other side though, and realize how frustrating it can be to not finish.

But as Nearby Hermit said: It's all up to Bob.

Level 12
I think such an extension would be unfair.
Especially at the last minute. If time was not enough, why did you not state it a week ago.

Level 5
Netherwind Dreams

Hello Guys,

Netherwind Dreams is finally finished, here is a brief of what you have to do;

Objective
It starts off with a few normal people like you and me trying to work out where they are. Then Netherwind arrives and tell them where they are, but the only way to escape is take possesion of the slaughted in the dimension. You are then taken to a tower defence game where you must defend the portal so they cant enter the original dimension of the confused mortals. In the end it turns out... you will have to see for yourself :grin:.

Future Updates

• To be able to skip cinematics
Does it leak?

As far as i know of i have scanned the triggers 3 times for leaks and i could not spot 1 leak :grin:.

How much effort did you put into this map?
I put my full potential into this map. I had 10 Minigames with full terrains and then i found out i could only have 1 minigame so i turned all the minigames into builders with plenty of unique towers to entertain you for hours (i guess).

Anything else you would like to add?
I would like to say how exelent it has been to compete alongside each and everyone of you. I'am deeply sorry for people who have either dropped out because of time or had to change maps because of the time. I wish you all the very best of luck and all participents and all of the drop outs the very best of luck in anything that you do and the very best of luck to win this contest. Myself? I wish i could win this contest, it would mean to world to me. But everyone else is so original, yet if i do not win i shall try again in the next one and practice harder so take care all and may the best map win!

Protected Version: View attachment Netherwind Dreams.w3x
Unprotected Version: (Please note only Bob27 and people who want to learn use these triggers or if you are curious can download this version) Please host the Protected Version!View attachment Netherwind Dreams (Back-up).w3x

P.S. Sorry for the massive text and i will make Netherwind Dreams 2 :thumbs_up:. Credits for models are in the quests. Best of luck again!

Level 24
Ok well there have been more then enough entries submitted, so there will be no extension.

Here is a list of the people who's entries I have seen. If you have submitted a map and are not in this list, then I suggest you make another post and send me a pm about your entry.

DevineArmy
Billy2
Beast(TrOg)
Heretodlstuff
NearbyHermit
hawk900
Thrikodius
communist_orc

I will be leaving the contest open for a around 6 hours, then I will be closing it, so if anyone wants to update/submit their entries they still have a chance to do so.

This was an old map of mine that i made a while ago when i was first getting into making maps. Enjoy!

Sorry, but the rules state that no past works are allowed to be entered, so your entry will have to be disqualified.

Level 2
ok well heres my submission. Check it out!
BTW- changed game name to Eat the Child

Attachments

• Eat the Child v1.2a.w3x
    48.3 KB · Views: 83
Level 7
good luck to everyone, you are lucky that there is no extension, otherwise !!!I!!! would have won *yawn*
No really, good luck ;) May the best one win :p

Level 5
Hey Guys i have played all the maps submitted so far and they are ace :) I wish you all the very best of luck before closing time.

A very big thank you to that god Bob27 for hosting this great contest, Ive learnt a bundle over the past 3 weeks so thanks loads!

How long will the Polls and marking take?

Take care Billy2.

Level 24
I guess it is not closed. . .

@Billy2, I am going to play your map.

O.K I have. I would reccomed locking the camera to the units for the first part of the game. Also in the TD area, the Lightning Knights are not very good, considering that they cost as much as 2 archmages, (for the mounted builder.)

I have played all the maps now, and have a few points for some of them.

Bouncer = Very, nice. Can't think of much to say besides that.

Witch Doctors = Can't play single player very, well but he needs a walk animation

Stealth = Rather similar to an Elimination Tournament style map. Nice skills.

Eat The Child = Needs more rounds, so that players can play for more than once.

Mini-AOS = Did not play cause I won at the start. . . Sorry. Your loading screen needs better grammar. If english is not your first language, then maybe get some one to write it uo for you.

Ogre Tuanting (Taunting is the correct word) = Nice. I imagine that with some work you could add AI's to it. The Lava adds intrest to the game play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.