• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Mini-Game Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I dont know how to do the table thingy but:

Contestant Name: Incarnation
Map: Ultimate Frog Hunt

Ive Attached a little Demo. It is not complete. The shop, spells and other features still need to be put in.

Attachments

• Ultimate Frog Hunter Mini-Game.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Level 24
Ice Warriors/Help

A couple of notes.

A) It would help you a lot if you knew more about arrays, for score.
B) If one players wins, you might want to defeat the others.
c) I would reccomend that you add a leaderboard or multiboard

An update on my map:

It is basically done:

Due to the fact that A) I don't think that I am going to win, and B) I think that you are all decent people, here it is. I would like some testing/bug reports if you would be so good. Also one question, do you think I should add more players.

There are a few bugs that I know of in this version -

• In fewer than four player games, computer fodder still exsists
  • If you kill yourself using Ice Meteor you gain Kills
  • AOE on some of the skills, might need to be nerfed

A few things that I am going to add to later versions, if not this one.

• Basic computer AI's
  • More purchasable spells
  • Levels
  • Adjustable Stats, such as speed and damage
  • Multi-board replaces leaderboard
  • More player support
  • Any other ideas are welcome

Last edited:
Level 24
Hmm, seems long for a mini-game.

I completed my early tests, with some people from Clan LSI, and the response was positive. With minor, changes and fixes, I think that I might not do half-bad, if only due to the apparent inactivity of the makers of these games.

Level 24
My map has been finished to 100% completion for this contest.

Some features contained in this mini-game are:

• Three Difficulties of AI
  • Fast-Paced Action
  • Smooth Sliding
  • Interactive, spinning in circles while shooting (XD)
  • Up to eight player support
  • Low file size
  • Very little thinking required to play

The final map file is attached.

Testing thanks goes out to Jedash, Lost.Nirvana, thebestofmusic2, and Ragnos, Drak Zelthor (Who was very bad at it). All of Clan LSI, excepting Drak Zelthor.

The only issue is that one of the models, was given to my in a pack by PurplePoot, and the credits for that particular model were not included. I have searched both this site, and Wc3camapings for it, but have not found it. I have included a message in game, asking if the model maker could contact me.

This is the FINAL entry my me for this contest.

Contestant NameEntry NameSubmitted
hawk900Ice WarriorsJuly 11th, 5:56 PM (Eastern US time), 2008.

File Size: 130.3

So, I will still keep an eye on this thread, and may the best mapper win!

PRIORITY UPDATE:

Due to an issue with the auto-RM function, it has been removed from this version of Ice Warriors. Map has been updated accordingly.

Attachments

• Ice Warriors.w3x
    130.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 28
I still haven't found anyone to test my Mini-Game so I intend to give you all a somewhat detailed description of the game in case it doesn't work.

Bouncer
(Loading Screen Discription)
You control a boucing ball. Bounce on sheep to kill them and gain points. Use your Anti-Enemy Bouncer to shoot your enemy and make them drop sheep. If you come to close to an enemy you will both loose all your points. The player with the largest amount of points wins the round. Red player can choose to play another round at the end of each. For each new round your ball gains a level, allowing you to become stronger and use more spells.
More sheep and more kinds of sheep are spawned with more rounds.

Balls.jpg
There are 4 kinds of balls. Each with different special moves.

There are also 4 kinds of sheep. They are:
Sheep
Lightning Sheep
Mega Sheep
Suicidal Sheep

NormalSheep.jpg Sheep
This is just a normal Sheep. It gives 1 point when you kill it.

LightningSheep.jpg Lightning Sheep
This is a small and fast Sheep. When it dies it releases an electrical discharge that damages all normal Sheep and Mega Sheep. Gives 1 point when killed.

MegaSheep.jpg Mega Sheep
A big and slow Sheep. It dies after you bounced on it 3 times and gives 3 points when killed.

SuicidalSheep.jpg Suicidal Sheep
The Suicidal Sheep is a walking bomb. It moves toward any nearby ball. If you hapen to bounce on it it explodes and causes you to drop sheep.

Anti-Enemy Bouncer.jpg
The Anti-Enemy bouncer is fired in a target direction. If you are hit by it you will drop Sheep. You can drop 10 Sheep at most. If you have less than 10 points you will drop a number of Sheep that is equal to your amount of points. For each Sheep you drop you will loose 1 point.

During the gameplay some items will spawn.
Rune of Speed/Mana, Tome of Agility(increases Movement Speed)/Intelligence/Strength, and Sheep Egg (gives 5 points).

ThrikodiusBouncer12/7-2008 11:11 SWE time
Just hope it works. It's about the most insane map I've ever made! :grin:

Attachments

• Bouncer.w3x
    413.1 KB · Views: 77
Level 3
DontPeonMe.Teh Avalanche7:52 est time 12-7-2008

OK my map is a "run from the blank" maps.
your a mountain dwarf and you hear rumbling...
you come out of your igloo and see an avalanche coming!
Your goal is to run to the bottom of the map without touching the rocks or dogs (to make it challenging) or the avalanche!

There are some secret items in the game such as..
Endurance Aura
Boots of Speed
Boots of Agility

There are some distractions to slow you down, look out!

This was an old map of mine that i made a while ago when i was first getting into making maps. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Teh Avalanche.w3x
    87.8 KB · Views: 70
Level 49
Eh, i tought the rules say no past maps, only maps made especialy for the contest...

EDIT: Mah proof:

The Rules said:
Rules:

• All entries must of been made for the contest, no past works may be entered.
  • All entries must be done solo, no teams are allowed.
  • The map must support at least 4 players.
  • All entries must be under 4mb, so they are playable on battle net. Having them under 1mb is recommended.
  • Imports may be used in the map, however they must all be credited.

Level 24
Py is going to be first. HeretoDLstuff is also going to be pretty high. I dunno about me, I am fairly happy with my game but it is by no means a great feat of triggering, or anything else. I like my AI's though. Despite the fact that they are 100% random you can't tell. It seems like they are out to get you. The only issue is with 8 AI's on a map, because they spam a lot of spells.

Double Post!

Level 23
Im so sad that I couldnt join this competiton when I have a very nice idea and everything:/
Ill come back in the next one though. May the judging be fair and blabla.... Good luck everyone (if I remember right it ends tomorrow)

(I am back from vacation tonight)

Cheers =)

Level 30
The last real heroes

okey my map: The last real Heroes
Its a normal AoS but its mini
You can choose a 5 rounds game or a 1 round game. This map contains 7 heroes (all models are created by General Frank ^^) There are 2 teams: the left team and the right team. Each side Spawns footmen, fighting eachother in the middle of the map. There are items in the hero base, can be combined etc... destroy the enemy base to win a round.
This game is intended to be played with friends in lan or in battlenet.There are no kick functions and no handicap triggers

This map is protected. Moderators only will see the unprotected map.

EDIT: i changed the protected into not protected map. Feel free to look at the trigger etc but pls if you want to make a map based of it, then give me credits. Also the protected version was bugged thanks to the tool i used. now i should be fine.

Attachments

• [MINI]LastRealHeroesfinal_ProtectedVersion.w3x
    1.5 MB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Level 7
Well here's my entry.

It turned out alright, don't think it'll be the best compared to my other minigame ideas, but I did work hard on this one. Comments for last day modifications is appreciated :)

It is a CTF map, best if played with people, but can be tested alone.

Attachments

• (Stealth v 1.01).w3x
    1 MB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.