• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #19 - Water Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
the%20hive%20workshop.png

modeling.png
contest.png
number.png
1.png
9.png

tumblr_kw0o5sxhyw1qzdofa.jpg

Contest Theme: Water Units

Contestants are to create an water unit. A model that is primarily found in the water. Be creative and have fun

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

1. No submission may violate any Hive Workshop site rules.
  2. You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  3. You may make as many models as you want, however pick only one for the final judge's evaluation.
  4. To qualify for entry, you must post your model(s) in .mdx format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  5. You must post your entry before the deadline expires and attach it to a post.
  6. You must make the model for this competition, which means that you cannot use old works.
  7. Your model must have these minimum animations:
    • Attack
    • Death
    • Stand
    • Walk

prizes.png

• First Place: 50 reputation points and your entry on an award icon.
  • Second Place: 35 reputation points and an award icon
  • Third Place: 20 reputation points and an award icon

contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

• 60 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
    • Score shall be taken out of 50 points,
      • 15 points for mesh (verticies and faces)
      • 10 points for animations (or how well Blizzard animations have been used)
      • 10 points for skin (or how well Blizzard skins have been used)
      • 5 points for mechanics (how well does this model work ingame)
      • 5 points for effects (appropriate use of particles, particle saturation, etc.)
      • 5 points for creativity.
  • 40 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
  • Final Score = (Judge's Score)*0.6 + (votes/(total votes))*40 = (score)/100

contest%20dates%20and%20deadline.png

All submissions must be complete and submitted 5 weeks after the contest is started.
The contest shall begin on Tuesday, 8th Febuary and conclude on Tuesday, 1st March, 11:59 PM, 2010 GMT
The contest will close on the deadline as long as we have 3 entries. Or extend until at least 3 entries are submitted

judges.png

Tell us if you want to judge!

1. Mr. Bob

entries.png

I will list the participants here as they enter

Last edited:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Interesting theme, looking forward to the entries.

Level 26
my concept is that of a primal fish god, a king of the sea, as it were.

at the age of thirty three the fish gods evolve into a more ferocious form. being mighty swimmers they swim against river currents and even up waterfalls, and with their head mounted horns can bore holes in solid rocks.

it is also rumoured that these "sea kings" can manipulate humans to an extent, as numerous records exist stating that humans scream "FUCK YEAH SEA KING" when in an 100 metre radius of these noble ocean dwellers.

seaking9-2-11.jpg

Level 26
deciding between a vaporeon, lanturn, or gastrodon

vaporeon because sexy
lanturn because favourite
gastrodon because that could either be fun as hell to animate or hell to animate

though on the other hand I want to make sure I get it done

I'm leaning towards either the slug or the angler fish

The truly soul crushing part of that is that you werent kidding about the vaporeon thing....

Level 8
Wow, so many good modellers around. Should be a fun match, I may try to make a model up once the stress of the race-building contest is gone. Right now I'm thinking Jaques Cousteau with a harpoon, Magikarp (with a useless flapping animation) or the thunderbird 4... Maybe even a diving mc feegle, as i'm dying to make a race of those; "Crivens! whut aboot us ye daftie!" (+rep to those that get the ref)

@67chrome: The shark made me laugh! If you can combine the crappy lego shark appearance with the lazors of dr evil then that is a pure win in my book. Who wouldn't want to use thát in his map ;)

@Pyritie: Make Marill instead! You could use those legendary facial expressions you used on the hoppip model. But, yeah you already proved you can do that, so go for the lanturn one, it will have the most interesting animations for sure. I could only consider something like Quilfish to have the facial animations aswell as some cool attack/spell animations (shoot stings/blow up etc)

@all the paint-artists: keep the stuff coming, the force of paint is stong in théé

The Puffer Mine

97619d1297259483-modeling-contest-19-water-units-preview.jpg

An self propelled explosive that can act both as a torpedo and a mine.

the special effects are mediocre/shit but what can i do. meh.

View attachment Puffer Mine.mdx

PS: Yes, it is the same preview as my last pic. but ive animated this one now.

PPS: Sham has agreed to redo the particle emitters for the version going in the model section but this is my entry as it stands now.

PPPS: yes. the model is sideways on its default pose. Deal with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.