• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #19 - Water Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
the whole armor is influenced one one hand, but samurai, but on the other hand on naval stuff.
But I woulld change it, if you tell me another texture :p
add crowns of planes around the wrap edges and give it a texture with alpha channel there... your model will look much better.

2nqtnhf.jpg

like this

Level 7
which one do you guys prefer?? :>

I think its got too much goin on as it is. If i were you id give the head armor a colored trim and extend it off the body like its actually a helmet. Reference any type of shoulder pad. Make it myrmidon smooth armor and have plates of armor rather than having the it looking as if the metal is its skin...other words, its too tight to its body. If you do what i suggest then it wont need the spike collar at all.

which one do you guys prefer?? :>
neither to me... that wasn't quite my point

try using the SkyBarge texture itself. there are some quite cool alphas, try that one which looks like metal spider legs. this part cropped properly may produce an interesting result there, mainly because it is highly compatible with the rest of your mask (obviously). avoid using the sky barge's golden areas, they don't go very well with the rest of your textures.

and I would take off the teamcolor part in the top of the head and instead make the teamcolor just teamglows in the eyes, and the mask totally made of this dark steel

overall... less is more.

just my humble suggestions. heheh

Level 38
You should move the neck-frill higher up and position it right behind the skull of you're seahorse, encapsulating part of the neck in the helmet looks a little uncomfortable/unpractical/less awesome.

Maybe you could add an alicorn or dragon horns on the mask as well, the spider legs HappyCockroach mentioned would probably work for that ;)
A Mohawk of razors or fins could look pretty cool to, and give more of a horse/seahorse look to this.

Level 15
It has nothing to do with being in a contest, the tags and [url] tags are bb code that can be applied and learned, to and for all threads[/QUOTE]

Well sorry for making you do a facepalm... i meant to say that iam not used to using those bb codes usually i just insert the pic. link here and done , just like the second example you gave me..:) but anyways heres my model! ITS NOT YET FINISHED, it needs some tweaks on the equipments and body proportions. And it uses ingame textures and ingame anim.
[HIDDEN="NOT FINISHED MODEL"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/191938-albums3426-picture43014.jpg[/HIDDEN]

Last edited:
Level 4
Well sorry for making you do a facepalm... i meant to say that iam not used to using those bb codes usually i just insert the pic. link here and done , just like the second example you gave me..:) but anyways heres my model! ITS NOT YET FINISHED, it needs some tweaks on the equipments and body proportions. And it uses ingame textures and ingame anim.
191938-albums3426-picture43014.jpg

it looks good so far :) fitting with wc3 quality. what is his weapon in hand?

Level 15
Yeah, i meant to make it wc3 quality cause i notcie the other awesome models here in hive that are HD, really doesnt feel right ingame, they have huge difference of qualities... (No Offense guys) Oh and weapon was suppose to be a sledge hammer but instead it looked like a ball pein hammer, il make some change on that one also

Level 28
Yeah, i meant to make it wc3 quality cause i notcie the other awesome models here in hive that are HD, really doesnt feel right ingame, they have huge difference of qualities... (No Offense guys) Oh and weapon was suppose to be a sledge hammer but instead it looked like a ball pein hammer, il make some change on that one also

Is he supposed to swim with that?. It would be a pain in the *** since those diving suits are usually rather heavy.

Level 38
Did you get that name from the Pokemon Hippowdon?

hippowdon probably came from hippocampus

You know you guys can always CnP that word and search for it in Google...and that process has lead me to believe that both the Pokemon you mentioned has nothing to do with it and you guys really, really like Pokemon.
The word Hippopotamus might be based off of Hippocampus though.

Hippocampus are sea horses, they're like a Capricorn but with the front half of a horse and the rear of a fish. I'm pretty sure some of them pull Neptune's chariot as well.

Level 49
Maybe I've just been playing too much AoM recently, but I think it would be extremely awesome if he had a Mohawk\Greek helmet thing instead of a shark fin on his head. As in, extend this metal piece.
Oh, and some texture variation on his body and helmet could be nice. For example, the trimming around the glass could be gold or just some other texture. The tinker tank gets boring after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.