• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest #19 - Water Units

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Warturtle.jpg

Would be awesome to see this made for the contest, but anyway looking good so far the water-based units I mean.

Level 26
Level 49
What makes you think he's requesting something? Mainly Warlord Ajerloir I mean. There already is a wc2-like Goblin Turtle model in our section, and he's doing a WC2 conversion, so I'm not so sure this is a request as much as it is a suggestion. Besides, no one actually does requests anymore asides from Cavman, and Cavman is incredibly inactive.

Level 21
I agree with ike, people who simply run into contest threads to post requests are irritating. Its a contest thread, not the request forum.

Sorry for the misunderstanding and I just loved Warcraft II and its navy units and the giant sea turtles as well in the game and the Gnome submarine.
Just wanting them to be brought back in the Warcraft III realm and probably some ideas for the contest.

Sorry again for the misunderstanding. :goblin_sleep:

Level 28
I guess this is my shape (not MY shape but the shape of my model). Eventuall changes can always be expected.
attachment.php

The thought with the spine-mohawk thing is Kelp (which is the models project-name)
Somewhat like this:
kelp.png

This will be the wings aswell but they will be using alpha instead of seperate meshes.

Now I just have to get the texture to turn out good. Otherwhise I'll have to change the concept. It's a challenge to say the least.

Attachments

• WIP_02.JPG
    WIP_02.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 545
Level 17
What makes you think he's requesting something? Mainly Warlord Ajerloir I mean. There already is a wc2-like Goblin Turtle model in our section, and he's doing a WC2 conversion, so I'm not so sure this is a request as much as it is a suggestion. Besides, no one actually does requests anymore asides from Cavman, and Cavman is incredibly inactive.

Debode, quit trolling. If you want to rant about something go to off-topic.
Nice entries so far btw guys. :D

Level 31

I was actually thinking of putting something in my sig to tell people not to spam me with request PMs and stuff, as it's starting to get really annoying. Getting a ton from like, animalpower, and naratuxssasuke or some bull shit.

On the topic of contest though, everything looks awsome so far. :D
I might actually join, been hankering to model. Wont win with some of the modelers in here, but will be fun.

The truly soul crushing part of that is that you werent kidding about the vaporeon thing....

[reaction=http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1619596/Misc/pokemon/eevees/1286189491914.png]it's true though[/reaction]

l

@Pyritie: Make Marill instead! You could use those legendary facial expressions you used on the hoppip model. But, yeah you already proved you can do that, so go for the lanturn one, it will have the most interesting animations for sure. I could only consider something like Quilfish to have the facial animations aswell as some cool attack/spell animations (shoot stings/blow up etc)

I could do the expressions on any of them though

Level 26
watch the anatomy... that neck should make sense with the creature's spine and tail... existing animals anatomy as references are always good (even if they're different references to each bodypart)

yeah, will take care for it, was just a paint doodle :p

deciding between a vaporeon, lanturn, or gastrodon

vaporeon because sexy
lanturn because favourite
gastrodon because that could either be fun as hell to animate or hell to animate

though on the other hand I want to make sure I get it done

I'm leaning towards either the slug or the angler fish

I'm for Lanturn, because it's my favourite of those 3 and fits best into the theme,

FUCK_YEAH_SEAKING.jpg

Last edited:
Level 21
I would love to see a shark or octopus in this contest, i don't even think there are any squid or octopi on this site. just think of all the animation possibilities! xD

You have to search up the right stuff to find what you want.

Oh and by the way how long until judging?
Sorry for asking this, but yeah and will the naval units be released on the Hive as downloadable use so people can use them?
The other way is fine too mind you.

Level 26
I would love to see a shark or octopus in this contest, i don't even think there are any squid or octopi on this site. just think of all the animation possibilities! xD

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=octopus&d=list&r=20

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=squid&d=list&r=20

You have to search up the right stuff to find what you want.

Oh and by the way how long until judging?
Sorry for asking this, but yeah and will the naval units be released on the Hive as downloadable use so people can use them?
The other way is fine too mind you.

*sigh* I'm pretty sure that the contestants have to finish their models before they can be judged.... ALSO there is this lovely little deadline in red text on the front page of this thread. And If the contestants dont take the time to upload them officially to the model resource section, you can just download them from this thread directly.

TWH, you put a URL link in an tag, it should have either been
[HIDDEN="this"][IMG]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/191938-albums3426-picture41697.jpg[/HIDDEN]
OR this
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/members/191938-albums3426-picture41697.html

Level 51
Make tha glass untranserant in the normal unit.
Then for the portrait add the head within and put the camera right outside the glass, facing the head. And make some bubble emitters.

Right, will do that. thx :)

Well it looks a bit low polysh... probably that's because you zoomed closer to it...

Jeah, it's a kinda bad angle, I realised that too atm. From another angle, and most ingame, it looks way better.

well... you need to work on the texture a little bit too. some stuff is too pixelized or depth-less... overall not quite the wc3 texture style/quality

Any examples?

I'm liking what I'm seeing there. Better than the Eldritch by far I can imagine.

I'm planning on a Mer-person/Azshara type character, with a squid-like lower body,a large, beastly, toothed claw and some sort of chained Sickle-Trident weapon.

Level 21
Head Finished :) But I still need suggestions if I should add a real "head" inside of the helmet, or leave the glasses nonetransparent.

attachment.php

char_25273.jpg

Cyclops.jpg

Here are some examples for you to make it look better, and it doesn't mean its not good, but I wouldn't be the one who would use that in the water. LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.