• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 16 - TANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
My entry.

Click the picture to download.

attachment.php

The Ursa Major is the crown of super heavy tank development of the United Federal Territories. The Ursa Major, or internally named the X3, was spawned by the successful deployment and testing of the Kodiak Super Heavy Tank.

The Tank is equipped with the heaviest, most expensive and most modern armament seen in the battalions of the UFT. Ursa Major packs two super-heavy 155mm high velocity cannons with armour piercing shells, a twin linked pair of heavy barrage rocket pods and the newly developed fuel ejection system, primarily a heavy twin flame-thrower. The chassis of the tank is plated with the best composite armour plating available to the UFT. Being designed as a highly versatile super-heavy tank, two subsystems can me mounted on the two pond on the turret. Due to the new fusion engines the tank can reach very high speeds for a super-heavy class tank. The tank also features some of the best subsystems available in the galaxy, laser-guides, multi-purpose radar and diction systems and high intensity lights being only few of them.

In case of possible critical damage the tank will leave a wreckage which can, due to the high integrity of the tank's hull, be totally repaired and recovered.

Last edited:
Arrgh didn't have enough time to polish my model.
Anyway...
124756-albums909-picture26363.jpg

Beta030
The idea was to make something original that would stand out from other entries while still abiding by the contest rules.
That's why you won't find tinker textures, caterpillar tracks or plain-metal-tube-weapons from Beta.

- File size: 68kb
- Uses only in-game textures
- Has animations for:

• Stand (1, 2, 3)
  • Walk
  • Attack
  • Death
  • Decay
  • Stand Alternate (dead)
  • Stand Channel (regenerating)
  • Birth (rises up from from dead)
  • Spell (melee attack: stabs with a leg)
124756-albums909-picture26388.jpg

The animated images below are slightly different from the current version.
(I had to remove a texture animation from one of the material layers since it was displayed incorrectly in game)

Attachments

• Beta_walk2.Gif
    Beta_walk2.Gif
    182.7 KB · Views: 367
  • Beta_stand2.Gif
    Beta_stand2.Gif
    446.8 KB · Views: 315
  • Beta_regenerate.Gif
    Beta_regenerate.Gif
    993.2 KB · Views: 356
  • Beta_death&rebirth.Gif
    Beta_death&rebirth.Gif
    849.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Beta_stab.Gif
    Beta_stab.Gif
    235.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Beta030e.mdx
    68.2 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:
Level 22
reminds me of that one DoW1 ork vehicle... the one with rocket launchers that always knocked your troops around. so annoying. pretty cool tank though, nice animations, i like the searchlight one, could be used to reveal invisible units or something i suppose.

Level 36
Damn Pyra, I liked your first WIP and I fucking love the outcome.

Inovative, to say the least. Good work.

But I cannot leave Kitabatake's model out in the dark, as it looks highly inovative and well made.
Same DOES go for nearly all entries though.

Level 31
haha what the heck...

At first I was like "Yay I'm going to win!"

Infinity comes and then I was like "second is good enough."

Then GF bursts in with this uber wc3ish tank of awesomeness, and I was like "3rd is ok too."

Here comes Kitabatake and I was like "crap then."

And finally pyra comes and then I was like "I really suck at this."

In like 5 days we get all of these AMAZING entires. Really spectacular work everybody. Archy did a great job at making this contest successful.

Guys, I think we need an extension on this contest. By the time Wednesday comes around, I highly doubt any good models are going to be completed and submitted, so the crap models are going to win. I say an extension of three months is in order, so that I have time to finish my Tauren Totem Tank of Terror. Anarchian, hop to it.

Level 31
Guys, I think we need an extension on this contest. By the time Wednesday comes around, I highly doubt any good models are going to be completed and submitted, so the crap models are going to win. I say an extension of three months is in order, so that I have time to finish my Tauren Totem Tank of Terror. Anarchian, hop to it.

lol. Very funny.

Level 12
If needed an extension, id recommend a week or 2.
Other than that:
Infinity: The tank is not much of 'new and creative' but oh le gawd - it looks stunning!
GFrank: WAY too awesome!
Kita: i cant find words good enough to describe :|
Pyra: LE GAWD! It looks neat!
Mr. Bob: dont worry, you have pretty good chances <.< atleast in my oppinion :)

The entries are just way too awesome. It will be hard to decide what wins.

Level 26
:/ ikillforyou has asked me for help in fixing his decay animation. I am unsure though if i am allowed to actually help him in this matter seeing as it is a contest....

Pyritie, am i allowed to tell them how to fix their models? I doubt they would get the help they needed in time otherwise.....

Or we could extend this to the end of the weekend, so theyll have time to figure it out.

Otherwise we'll be out 2 contestants...

Pyritie, please advise

Level 26
Does the decay animation need a specific length? I heard 60000 frames. But how much is that in Milkshape 3D?

Why should helping be forbidden? It's not like you do a modelling job for us, or improving the mesh, it's only help to fix it on your own.

why don't you put it to the end of your animations list framewise and then just edit the lenght with magos model editor

Level 26
1. take a look at the picture
2. go to node manager, open your root bone (which you should use to let the model sink down in the decay animation), go to translation and change the length of it from X-Y to X-X+60000

It is actually pretty much what Callahan tells in his Dissipate tutorial, only changed a bit to your needs

Attachments

• sequencelength.JPG
    sequencelength.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 107
Level 31
1. take a look at the picture
2. go to node manager, open your root bone (which you should use to let the model sink down in the decay animation), go to translation and change the length of it from X-Y to X-X+60000

It is actually pretty much what Callahan tells in his Dissipate tutorial, only changed a bit to your needs

Okay this is what I've have:
Do I have to change the 10416 to 69166?
Do I have to change anything else?

Attachments

• Decay Anim.jpg
    Decay Anim.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 95
Status
Not open for further replies.