• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Modeling Contest 16 - TANKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
So why do you just have decay flesh and not decay bone? Not sure how milkshape works with animation stuff, but make sure you got your keyframes in the right places at the start and end of the animation.

A tank has bones wtf?
Is the animation called decay flesh?
I played around with the names, because I thought it would fix it somehow :p

Unfortunately I will have to upload my tank without the decay animation. :(
But didn't anarchianbedlam say he could help us??

Level 31
Okay, here's my final entry:

Let me present:

The almighty Demon Tank, directly coming out of the Hell.
Created to burn out all life on earth!

The model uses only ingame textures, was created and custom animated in Milkshape 3D.
(thanks to PyramideHe@d, who once helped me learning animating)
Unfortunately the decay animation is bugged and I couldn't fix it.

It has only 684 polies and is 66 kb in file size.
If you use it in your map/campaign, a scaling of 2,0 is recommended.

If you want to test it ingame have a look at my Testmap.

Enough said! Here it is:

78529d1270046618-modeling-contest-16-tanks-demontank.jpg

Enjoy it!

chilla_killa

Attachments

• DemonTank.mdx
    65.7 KB · Views: 115
  • DemonTankTestmap.w3x
    29.2 KB · Views: 83
  • TankIngame.jpg
    TankIngame.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 270
  • DemonTank.jpg
    DemonTank.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 11,265
The Goblin Super heavy tank Revilgaz

Here's my final entry, i managed to fix decay and add particles to death (brazenly stolen from neutral building death) 87kb, fully animated/rigged, 2 different attack animations, 3 stand animations.

Fully optimized.

Story: Enginner gazolwe and his crew were in the midst of the 2nd war, and the hord was asking for more and more firepower, the enginner replied: "We'll give you the biggest gun on a vehicle you could dream of." And so, the Revilgaz was born.

Enginner gazolwe is currently working on extra turrets to be mounted on the sides of the tank.

Click on pic to download.

I hope you like this tank. my first fully functional and finished animated model.

Attachments

• Tankpic.jpg
    Tankpic.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 1,237
  • GoblinSHTRevilgaz.mdx
    77.3 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:
Level 51
Boah, that was complicated :D

anyway I'll present you: NE-Battletank_Nightsaber!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Don't have a interesting story though :)

-1324 Faces
-1923 Vertices

PS: I'm sorry, but I don't have an actual ingame screenshot, just one from the WE.

Attachments

• Screeny.JPG
    Screeny.JPG
    148.3 KB · Views: 1,200
  • Screeny1.JPG
    Screeny1.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 1,106
  • Screeny2.JPG
    Screeny2.JPG
    172.6 KB · Views: 1,129
  • NEBattletankNIGHTSABER.mdl
    568.8 KB · Views: 138
  • Ingame.JPG
    Ingame.JPG
    426.6 KB · Views: 1,188
Level 2
Nah, gave up, animation timers not doing what I want them to, leading to buggy death/decay animation and non working attack animation.

Animations are the reason I usually stop working on a model, though everything else is complete.

It's simply not worth the mindnumbingly painful experience it is to work with.

o_O
please make that model finished, it look just awesome!!!

Level 26
EXPLOSM!

BEHOLD, MY TANK IS FINISHED

attachment.php

YEA! I was surprised that there were so few spider tanks in the contest and even fewer on the hive. Walking tanks are fun :D, but a bitch to animate ( *ಠ_ಠ) BUT! thanks to milkshape, i managed to make them mathematically perfect :D! AAAANNNDDD, i even managed to make a missile model and a portrait model. First time I've actually made separate portrait model! \:)D)/ yay. Hope you guys like it, i had fun working on it.

The Prowler is a marvel if dwarven and gnomish ingenuity, The main cannon is a Rail Gun powered by 2 Hellcat jet engines. The combined charge can fire off a 120mm ferric round at 1580 meters per second. The Rail gun does not need a shell of gunpowder to launch a round, and as such, the extra space lets the Prowler carry twice as many rounds as normal tanks. The Turret also carries an armament of ground-to-air missiles for anti-aircraft capabilities. The lower chassis houses 2 20mm Gatling guns. A v8 engine housed in the lower chassis works the hydraulic pumps that move the legs. and can walk as fast as 44mph

Picture
PROWLER.PNG

View attachment Prowler Missile.mdx

View attachment Prowler_by_Anarchianbedlam.mdx

View attachment Prowler_by_Anarchianbedlam_Portrait.mdx

AND I HAVE 2 AND A HALF HOURS TO SPARE! YAY!

supreme-commander-20050707110354393.jpg

Portrait model is edited gyrocopter portriat
Missile is edited Tinker missile
Death animation particles inspired by (not ripped from) willthealmighty's explosms

Level 49
I totally forgot...

To thank General Frank and FrIKy - General Frank for throughout critique and help in the process of the making of the tank, and FrIkY for making the concept.

Good luck everyone!

Nah, gave up, animation timers not doing what I want them to, leading to buggy death/decay animation and non working attack animation.

Animations are the reason I usually stop working on a model, though everything else is complete.

It's simply not worth the mindnumbingly painful experience it is to work with.

No! You can't! You... you... you can't! :(
Oh damn... Your tank was amongst the best, I really waited for it. :(

Last edited:
We can expect that 1 month time to work is enough to post the model in time and not on the last minute.
Don't be gay, we always give extensions when people ask for. Better 6 hours late than waiting a week more.
shamanyouranus uploaded his entry late in the critter contest. I can recall some others too. There's no big deal about it.

Level 26
if wouldn't have made any extentions, then I would have already won 1-2 contests because I was the only one who finished in time.

I would say we accept anarchianbedlam's entry and maybe even Infinitynexus' if he finishes fast, because they worked hard for their models. At the end we are just an online community who does the contests for fun, to see how well we can stand against others etc and not for winning 50 rep and a contest icon.

Level 31
Don't be gay, we always give extensions when people ask for. Better 6 hours late than waiting a week more.
shamanyouranus uploaded his entry late in the critter contest. I can recall some others too. There's no big deal about it.

What? You call me gay?
I didn't say we can't accept his late entry.
I said it's okay. You should chill and don't insult other people.

Status
Not open for further replies.