- All Random: At the beginning, Player 1 can type -ar to give each player a unique random hero.
- Satyr Hellcaller (INT): Mystical Hero, adept at causing havoc with magical spells. Can learn Life Drain, Corrupted Vines, Rain of Chaos, and Diabolus.
- Felhound (AGI): Agile Hero, adept at maneuvering against spellcasters. Can learn Enervate, Fel Spines, Manastalker, and Vortices.
- Minotaur (STR): Stout Hero, excellent at overwhelming the opposition with bullish power. Can learn Smite, War Slam, Tough Hide and Mythical Strength.
- Potion of Invisibility: Consume to become invisible for 30 seconds. Invisibility is lost upon attacking or casting spells. Costs 200 gold, bought at Camp Lounge (II)
- Battle Mage's Enchanted Sword: Mana requirement per second increased from 4/7/10% to 6/8/10%. Damage gained per mana rescaled from 0.5/0.5/0.5 to 0.3/0.4/0.5
- Psychic's Psychic Assault: Now affects all units with mana, not just Heroes. Delay improved from 2 seconds to 1 second.
- Psychic's Telekinesis: Maximum damage per Intelligence improved from 1.5/2/2.5/3 to 1.6/2.4/3.2/4
- Warden's Fan of Knives: Damage improved from 30/90 to 50/150
- Warlock's Void Infestation: Fixed deselecting the target enemy
- Elementalist's Staff of Replenishment: Fixed being able to target enemies (thanks deepstrasz)
- Dead Man's Shoes is now called Bloodseeker's Mask, with new icons
- Visual changes to the map, updated tooltips
- Special messages and announcements should show up properly for all players now
- Demon Hunter's Metamorphosis: Demon Form's movement speed improved from 300 to 320
- Soldier of Fortune's Armor Buster: Multiplier improved from 2x to 3x, chance to multiply rescaled from 15/20/25/30% to 12/16/20/24%. Damage bonus from Fight Me! is applied after multiplication.
- Elven Pariah's Disrupt Magic replaced with new spell "Mageslaying Curse":
Deals 20/24/28/32 damage per second to an enemy unit over 5/6/7/8 seconds. Damage is doubled if the target casts a spell. At the end of the curse (buff ends or target dies), the target's nearby units are silenced for 3/4/5/6 seconds.
- Black Translucent Shield: Now returns the attack damage taken instead of the wearer's base damage. Chance is unchanged.
- Soldier of Fortune's Fight Me!: Damage bonus is now "green" damage
- Blood Lord's Hunting Ground: Area of effect reduced from 500 to 400, duration from 15 to 12 seconds
- Battle Mage's Somersault: No longer interrupts the attack of Heroes
- Battle Mage's Enchanted Sword: Damage bonus is now "green" damage
- Psychic's talent reworked: When the Psychic casts a spell, enemies within 500 distance has a 25% (50% at level 2) chance to be slowed for 2 seconds
- Elder Druid's Zeal: Damage bonus is now "green" damage
- Doombrute's Charge: Disabled terrain deformation
- Paladin's Divine Wings: Disabled sound effect
- Death Knight's Black Edge: Duration improved from 4/6/8/10s to 6/8/10/12s
- Minor visual tweaks.