• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hellfire Orcs

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Description
This campaign follow alternate universe in Warcraft 3
After Magtheridon's defeat in Outland and imprisoned him by Illidan and taking his place as ruler of Outland fel orcs rebelled against your former master. This story begins with death of fel orc warchief Kargath Bladefist in Hellfire Citadel and start with new warchief of the Fel Horde known as Kraal. Take the role as furious fel orcs infused with mighty demon blood, during the campaign you have to face many enemies in your attempts to conquer the Outland and even Azeroth.
Notice:
Some maps were taken from Warriors of Azeroth by Sansaney and Cryptrobbers by Discordjah i cannot ask their permission about uploading them besause they just cannot be found nowhere. I hope some people will not be too critical to me.
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/qeFml9qR1oeMHA
https://disk.yandex.ru/i/sQoDSv_phCCQkA

[/Version 1.01]
-Fixed some grammar issues
-Fixed large number of bugs and grammar issues
-Change Kraal's ability Send to the Void to Battle Cry
-Improved reward in 4 mission for centaur village side quest
  • CREDITS
[/SPOILER]
Contents

Hellfire Orcs (Campaign)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Set to Simple for no updates and fixes.
Level 10
no unit name on these rider units

Hero Ability "Send to the void" literally removes that unit from combat completely, it doesn't make them ethereal.

Attachments

• No name.PNG
    No name.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 285
Level 10
Only played up to the 4th mission. So far its okay

Dialogue is a little rough in certain conversations but is fine in others
Multiple missing tooltips that are just symbols or its blank (idk if thats cause of translation errors or version issue)

The gameplay is fun so ill update when i get a chance to play the rest of it

Level 10
Did you get inspiration from Warriors of Azeroth Series made by Sansaney which is a russian campaign series as well? His campaigns was posted/translated here because some of the maps seem like exact replicas besides swapping the units/buildings to different races

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Did you get inspiration from Warriors of Azeroth Series made by Sansaney which is a russian campaign series as well? His campaigns was posted/translated here because some of the maps seem like exact replicas besides swapping the units/buildings to different races
Could you please make some comparison screenshots or mention which maps are too similar to which from other works?

Level 7
i dont know who the hell giving you 4 stars one of the worst 'doom' can be cast on a hero and i can't even be smart and buy an invulnerability potion since i can't use the shop nor my inventory when im 'doomed' as a 'hero' boring im at 4th chapter and its meh no story clearly a great waste of time playing this i dont mean to be rude but it needs to be changed as fast as possible like im the most patient guy when it comes to new content like this but this damn 'doom' cast on a 'hero' that one really ruined my day not to mention u put no credits for other peoples models and stuff

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Please improve your description. I see you used a a lot of models whose authors aren't mentioned!

Level 28
I tried this map for the second time. Jaraxxus Level 9. when i come here i can't hit the enemy and i explored every place on the map and destroyed all the enemies i just got stuck here. Am I wrong. Or is there a problem here?
View attachment 396047
[1.31.1] Bug: Loading saved game breaks some unit events
I heard that if you continue playing using save-load thing the game will produce numerous problems like enemies not having a response, so don't do this on 1.31.1.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
  1. In the intro map, the Shimmering Portal disappears and then appears again instead of just appearing.
  2. Fire carpet?
  3. Hitting gates apparently gets them opened. The gates should have something behind them to imply they are connected to the wall instead of having space between them and the wall.
  4. Prepare for war? He doesn't even know if the portal exists or not yet.
  5. Linearity should be done nicer than have blocking trees disappear after you talk to an NPC.
  6. Hellfire Aura doesn't say how much damage it does per level when you learn the spell. Also, it's not an aura since it does not affect surrounding units really.
  7. Tooltip Tutorial
  8. Blade of Agony's description is broken, it's commas and numbers.
  9. If you press ESC after finishing the optional quest, the quest message to gather the ingredients appears again.
  10. Chaos Warriors have . , . , signs as description. Also, when you hover the cursor over their armour type, there is no information about the armour.
  11. Before you choose the difficulty, you can see the whole minimap.
  12. Togrash's Imaple mentions the Crypt Lord.
  13. When you leave the base Togrash says something but instead of text it's signs (, . and stuff).
  14. Fel Orc Grunt armour information is broken. Same Fel Orc Berserker, Orc Warchief, Hellsmith, Erefar.
  15. Harpy Nest!?
  16. When you destroy the lever near the gate, the riders say something but it's signs again.
  17. If you press ESC in chapter 2 after finishing the Demons side quest, you get a fade to black and then win. Also happens if you skip a cinematic scene.
  18. The Burning Blade should be already fighting the draenei when the camera shows them in the enemy base.
  19. Krag has no name when you click on him.
  20. When he talks about not wanting to negotiate, his name doesn't appear in the sentence.
  21. Felguard's description is broken. Same with Crossbowman.
  22. Kodos in Draenor!?
  23. Akama and Togrash's transmissions run too fast in the end scene.
  24. Kreg's Rush says it has C as hotkey but pressing C doesn't work.
  25. In chapter 3 the main quest has no title. Instead it's ... The purple Demon hero has no name.
  26. Kreg's illusions deal damage. The ability description doesn't say.
  27. Pressing ESC in chapter 3 gives the main quest again and moves Kreg to where he starts.
  28. The horsemen's summoned bar is called Pandaren Elemental.
  29. Level 3 Mirror Image doesn't not create 3 but 2 illusions contrary to what the description says.
  30. Rush can get you past the magic barriers.
  31. The Fortress of Sorrow related quest has all its text broken.
  32. In the interlude, the heroes actually go behind the portal not through it.
  33. Orc Outposts side quest message just shows two lines.
  34. The reward for completing the beastmen quest is rather useless aside from the fact that they don't attack you anymore.
  35. If you go through the yellow Way Gate, you can't turn back.
  36. There is no main orc outpost only the small one, so the quest can't be completed. Unless, the small is the Burrows and the big the Barracks. Still the quest did not finish.
  37. Game crashed when reaching the demon gate and something appeared there near.
  38. Attacking the truck crashes the game.
  39. Generally in cinematic scenes, units appear after the camera shows a certain place and short time after they start doing something.
  40. Not sure if intended but the ogres near the magical barrier are neutral passive.
  41. In the Dalaran chapter the difficulty buttons have no text on them.
  42. Catapult's description doesn't say what type of units it attacks.
  43. Searing Blade's description is numbers.
  44. The ranger hero has no name.
  45. The big level 5 Ogre has no name.
  46. The scene with the tank triggered again although I destroyed it for some minutes before.
  47. The side quest in the prison map is given after Togrash has a transmission full of signs. Also, the quest message is all yellow.
  48. Aura of Corrosion's icon look as an active ability. It can be made to look passive with:
  49. Button Manager v1.8.2
  50. You can use Kelen's Dagger of Escape to get to Togrash's path.
  51. You can't use Dispel Magic from the Spell Book since it requires a Priest upgrade.
  52. Kraal can also teleport to Dlavengyr over the fire.
  53. The Black Widow has no name when clicked on.
  54. Helm of Battlethirst's description is numbers.
  55. Disease Cloud units should have Locust as an ability not to be selected.
  56. There's no ship in Last Stand during the intro. The units appear out of nowhere as if either from the river or blighted land.
  57. Kraal can jump with the dagger item on the other side of the river. Also, can jump over magic barriers.
  58. Unstopable Fury's hotkey is not E as mentioned in the title.
  59. Erefar's Finger of Pain description is broken.
  60. After you destroy the undead bastion, if air units still remained they will attack Kraal during the scene where the Death Knight comes.
  61. The hero looking like Garithos has no name and says (null).
  62. The leaderboard about the Marauders doesn't show anything but a line and 30. After you kill one Marauder then from 30 it goes to 23 or something.
  63. If you press ESC during the Last Stand Mission, the Jraxxus timer starts again but two times.
  64. Energy Shield does not really have the Q hotkey.
  65. Demon Amulet's description only says 3.
  66. Jxraxxus can select Finger of Death at level 3. The spell has a broken description. Also, it doesn't say it has more levels.
  67. Greater Spirit Beast's armour details have broken text.
  68. The gray key has no title.
  69. When Maladaar is teleported on the blue circle and then you reach him, he says his dead will fight instead but nothing happens after that point. He's invulnerable.
hellfire orcs1.pnghellfire orcs2.pnghellfire orcs3.png

There are a lot of bugs (most of them are related to triggers not turning off when they should) and the fact that there are many maps from other campaigns (I think more than you credited) plus the fact that the player's techtree is pretty usual Orc one make this campaign require much more work. Another issue is that because some of the maps are not yours, the terrain on those that might be yours looks bad compared to the maps you took from other authors.
Ah, also, you put a character from The Legends of Arkain campaign series without crediting Shar Dundred. He might not even allow it so evidence of permission is required.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Last edited:
Level 8
  1. In the intro map, the Shimmering Portal disappears and then appears again instead of just appearing.
  2. Fire carpet?
  3. Hitting gates apparently gets them opened. The gates should have something behind them to imply they are connected to the wall instead of having space between them and the wall.
  4. Prepare for war? He doesn't even know if the portal exists or not yet.
  5. Linearity should be done nicer than have blocking trees disappear after you talk to an NPC.
  6. Hellfire Aura doesn't say how much damage it does per level when you learn the spell. Also, it's not an aura since it does not affect surrounding units really.
  7. Tooltip Tutorial
  8. Blade of Agony's description is broken, it's commas and numbers.
  9. If you press ESC after finishing the optional quest, the quest message to gather the ingredients appears again.
  10. Chaos Warriors have . , . , signs as description. Also, when you hover the cursor over their armour type, there is no information about the armour.
  11. Before you choose the difficulty, you can see the whole minimap.
  12. Togrash's Imaple mentions the Crypt Lord.
  13. When you leave the base Togrash says something but instead of text it's signs (, . and stuff).
  14. Fel Orc Grunt armour information is broken. Same Fel Orc Berserker, Orc Warchief, Hellsmith, Erefar.
  15. Harpy Nest!?
  16. When you destroy the lever near the gate, the riders say something but it's signs again.
  17. If you press ESC in chapter 2 after finishing the Demons side quest, you get a fade to black and then win. Also happens if you skip a cinematic scene.
  18. The Burning Blade should be already fighting the draenei when the camera shows them in the enemy base.
  19. Krag has no name when you click on him.
  20. When he talks about not wanting to negotiate, his name doesn't appear in the sentence.
  21. Felguard's description is broken. Same with Crossbowman.
  22. Kodos in Draenor!?
  23. Akama and Togrash's transmissions run too fast in the end scene.
  24. Kreg's Rush says it has C as hotkey but pressing C doesn't work.
  25. In chapter 3 the main quest has no title. Instead it's ... The purple Demon hero has no name.
  26. Kreg's illusions deal damage. The ability description doesn't say.
  27. Pressing ESC in chapter 3 gives the main quest again and moves Kreg to where he starts.
  28. The horsemen's summoned bar is called Pandaren Elemental.
  29. Level 3 Mirror Image doesn't not create 3 but 2 illusions contrary to what the description says.
  30. Rush can get you past the magic barriers.
  31. The Fortress of Sorrow related quest has all its text broken.
  32. In the interlude, the heroes actually go behind the portal not through it.
  33. Orc Outposts side quest message just shows two lines.
  34. The reward for completing the beastmen quest is rather useless aside from the fact that they don't attack you anymore.
  35. If you go through the yellow Way Gate, you can't turn back.
  36. There is no main orc outpost only the small one, so the quest can't be completed. Unless, the small is the Burrows and the big the Barracks. Still the quest did not finish.
  37. Game crashed when reaching the demon gate and something appeared there near.
  38. Attacking the truck crashes the game.
  39. Generally in cinematic scenes, units appear after the camera shows a certain place and short time after they start doing something.
  40. Not sure if intended but the ogres near the magical barrier are neutral passive.
  41. In the Dalaran chapter the difficulty buttons have no text on them.
  42. Catapult's description doesn't say what type of units it attacks.
  43. Searing Blade's description is numbers.
  44. The ranger hero has no name.
  45. The big level 5 Ogre has no name.
  46. The scene with the tank triggered again although I destroyed it for some minutes before.
  47. The side quest in the prison map is given after Togrash has a transmission full of signs. Also, the quest message is all yellow.
  48. Aura of Corrosion's icon look as an active ability. It can be made to look passive with:
  49. Button Manager v1.8.2
  50. You can use Kelen's Dagger of Escape to get to Togrash's path.
  51. You can't use Dispel Magic from the Spell Book since it requires a Priest upgrade.
  52. Kraal can also teleport to Dlavengyr over the fire.
  53. The Black Widow has no name when clicked on.
  54. Helm of Battlethirst's description is numbers.
  55. Disease Cloud units should have Locust as an ability not to be selected.
  56. There's no ship in Last Stand during the intro. The units appear out of nowhere as if either from the river or blighted land.
  57. Kraal can jump with the dagger item on the other side of the river. Also, can jump over magic barriers.
  58. Unstopable Fury's hotkey is not E as mentioned in the title.
  59. Erefar's Finger of Pain description is broken.
  60. After you destroy the undead bastion, if air units still remained they will attack Kraal during the scene where the Death Knight comes.
  61. The hero looking like Garithos has no name and says (null).
  62. The leaderboard about the Marauders doesn't show anything but a line and 30. After you kill one Marauder then from 30 it goes to 23 or something.
  63. If you press ESC during the Last Stand Mission, the Jraxxus timer starts again but two times.
  64. Energy Shield does not really have the Q hotkey.
  65. Demon Amulet's description only says 3.
  66. Jxraxxus can select Finger of Death at level 3. The spell has a broken description. Also, it doesn't say it has more levels.
  67. Greater Spirit Beast's armour details have broken text.
  68. The gray key has no title.
  69. When Maladaar is teleported on the blue circle and then you reach him, he says his dead will fight instead but nothing happens after that point. He's invulnerable.
View attachment 396113View attachment 396114View attachment 396115

There are a lot of bugs (most of them are related to triggers not turning off when they should) and the fact that there are many maps from other campaigns (I think more than you credited) plus the fact that the player's techtree is pretty usual Orc one make this campaign require much more work. Another issue is that because some of the maps are not yours, the terrain on those that might be yours looks bad compared to the maps you took from other authors.
Ah, also, you put a character from The Legends of Arkain campaign series without crediting Shar Dundred. He might not even allow it so evidence of permission is required.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Wazzz
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Okay i will fix them and then upload anew, thank you for your feedback.

Level 5
Good idea for a campaign, I have always wanted to make something similar, so it caught my attention. After playing 8 chapters, here is my review.

PROS
  • Lots of custom content, item and unit models etc. Keeps the gameplay fresh
  • Some interesting concepts that I really enjoyed like the pick X or Y unit from one chapter, a rather unique concept for a campaign
  • Most chapter maps are well done, it shows a lot of effort was put in them
  • Cinematics were generally done well
CONS
  • A lot of visual glitches, item, unit and spell tooltips missing. I assume they were originally in Russian Cyrillic and were never translated to English
  • Ton of other bugs. Campaign objectives and cutscenes would often reset themselves in the middle of a playthrough
  • Quests ofter felt lame and repetitive, with kill x, then kill z, then kill y and THEN kill something else (I'm looking at you chapter VIII)
  • Lots of opportunities to absolutely cheese and break the levels completely (which I did not do)
  • Mid playthrough on Chapter VIII, a bug occured where I sent one of the heroes into the void with the spell. That hero never returned, animation still keeps playing, making it impossible to finish the rest of the campaign
Overall: 3/5

Some interesting ideas, but a lot of bug fixing and polish is required to turn this from a solid effort into something actually good.

Level 8
Good idea for a campaign, I have always wanted to make something similar, so it caught my attention. After playing 8 chapters, here is my review.

PROS
  • Lots of custom content, item and unit models etc. Keeps the gameplay fresh
  • Some interesting concepts that I really enjoyed like the pick X or Y unit from one chapter, a rather unique concept for a campaign
  • Most chapter maps are well done, it shows a lot of effort was put in them
  • Cinematics were generally done well
CONS
  • A lot of visual glitches, item, unit and spell tooltips missing. I assume they were originally in Russian Cyrillic and were never translated to English
  • Ton of other bugs. Campaign objectives and cutscenes would often reset themselves in the middle of a playthrough
  • Quests ofter felt lame and repetitive, with kill x, then kill z, then kill y and THEN kill something else (I'm looking at you chapter VIII)
  • Lots of opportunities to absolutely cheese and break the levels completely (which I did not do)
  • Mid playthrough on Chapter VIII, a bug occured where I sent one of the heroes into the void with the spell. That hero never returned, animation still keeps playing, making it impossible to finish the rest of the campaign
Overall: 3/5

Some interesting ideas, but a lot of bug fixing and polish is required to turn this from a solid effort into something actually good.
Thank you for detailed review of campaign i shall fix all bugs as soon as possible

Level 4
you mean this?
Yes like that, which level we get that unit. By the way, is it okay to suggest you to made twoo more like Chaos Troll Enforcer which they armed with Sword and spike shield and Chaos Troll Warlock ? Just suggesting allright, its okay if you dont want too broo thanks.

Level 2
I am on mission 5 right now. I really enjoy it, the map detail is nice, it's not too punishing which is good for below average player like me...but you need pre-planing to tackle does bases and think about hero and regular unit usage . I have super soft spot for Fel Orc and with nice custom assets and creative scenarios I am having fun. The biggest issue is with the dialogue but I'm assuming that the gimmick of simply playing as this sub-fraction is what's important. Thank for the upload, cheers.

Level 28
On 1.31

Grammar and spelling need help, but it's understandable overall.

Voidwalker tooltip still mentions Cold Arrows.

Togrash's Impale still mentions the Crypt Lord.

Caster tooltips are blank.

Camera movement tends to be very jarring, especially when turning.

Warlock tooltip says Unholy Frenzy, not Monsoon.

In most cutscenes that feature units fighting, they tend to hold still for a few seconds before moving, or worse, suddenly pop into existence and start fighting.

Turn off Iron Storm is untranslated. Also, it does less damage than Kraal's 0-mana version?

Fel Orc Shaman upgrade name is untranslated, and refers to them as demonologists.

Why is every unit's HP so low? It makes enemy spells (especially Doom) far too effective.

First level:

During the cutscene battle, Kraal ends up as the only survivor of the orcs, really doesn't come across as the draenei being beaten.

"Sparkling heels"? What does that mean?

"Courage and strength!" -> "Strength and honor!"

That's an... odd background music.

During the smith cutscene, Kraal isn't named the first time he speaks. Same at one point in the ending cutscene.

Searing Blade tooltip is untranslated, only the numbers show up.

Are you supposed to jump over the force wall to kill the heroes? I did that and there was no dialogue or anything.

Quest name: -> "Mysterious"

Raiders have unresearched Fire Blades.

Second level:

Training dummies and their owner have no name.

When you run into orcs under attack from Draenei, are they supposed to join you?

There's a conversation between a Draenei and a Raider that's untranslated (the Draenei says "follow the ancient path") after killing a lever that opens a door.

The cutscene with the Burning Blade clan should be better worded, I didn't get that you were supposed to be hostile towards them until I saw the quest.

Uninvited quests -> Uninvited Guests

Krag cutscene should trigger as soon as he's dead, not after you find the crossbowmen.

Fel orc tooltip is partly untranslated.

Neutral salamanders are still called Kodo Beasts.

Cannon doodads in the wrecked camp are untranslated.

Food should be higher, rescued units along puts you over the limit.

Third level:

Berserkers have unresearched Fire Blades.

Warlock adept -> Warlock Adept Training. Also, the tooltip says it gives them Disenchant.

Attack waves tend to stack.

Mirror image creates 2 illusions at level 1 and 2.

Illusions deal damage but this isn't mentioned in the tooltip.

No siege weapons?

Treasure chest destructible is untranslated.

I'm not sure if the blue settlement was taken out by the purples, by the time I got there (due to taking out the eastern creeps) there were only three farms left. There was no dialogue associated with it, but afterwards it kept getting pinged.

Fortress of Sorrow quest (Assault, I think) is untranslated.

Witch King's name is untranslated.

Interlude:

You should only use the cliffs for the floating landmasses, otherwise it just

Several characters don't have names sometimes.

Characters head away from the portal which is in front of them to go into it.

Fourth level:

Why the limited food?

Green base doesn't have a gold mine?

Pathing is horrible, with multiple cases of units stuck behind obstacles with pathing bigger than they are.

Killing the centaur chief message is unattributed.

Final cutscene: Who ever he's talking to is unnamed and unseen. Or is that deliberate?

Interlude:

Only one ship moves, not much of an invasion.

Kraal and Togrash end up taking the same road.

Last edited:
Level 8
I am on mission 5 right now. I really enjoy it, the map detail is nice, it's not too punishing which is good for below average player like me...but you need pre-planing to tackle does bases and think about hero and regular unit usage . I have super soft spot for Fel Orc and with nice custom assets and creative scenarios I am having fun. The biggest issue is with the dialogue but I'm assuming that the gimmick of simply playing as this sub-fraction is what's important. Thank for the upload, cheers.
Thank you, it is a pleasure to heard a such warm words😊

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
Problem is, you can't just expect people to use a specific patch, especially an older one to play your campaign. As a reviewer, I won't have all the versions in the world to test maps. I use the newer patches and if stuff doesn't work on those, then that stuff needs fixing.

Level 28
Maps need more healing items/units.

Fel Orc Warchief tooltip is untranslated.

Summon Voidwalker tooltip is partly translated.

One-headed ogres (not the Stonemaul ones)'s name is untranslated.

Map names (when loading from the menu) are untranslated or still have their origina names (e.g. the seventh level is translated CryptRobbers)

Fear Aura tooltip says attack and movespeed are reduced, not damage.

Learn Battle cry tooltip has four levels.

Fifth level:

Red player name is untranslated.

Fallen priests don't drop anything.

Got a game crash somewhere around the archnecromancer.

The Draenei thing needs to be better worded. You've been slaughtering them for the past three or four missions and suddenly they're eager to join?

Draenei sidequest can't be completed, since the four behind the bossfight aren't rescued by any unit including Togrash.

Sixth level:

Togrash's line after Kraal's "amazing" is untranslated.

Mansion dialogue: One of Kraal's lines is either partially translated or ends with a ",".

Togrash sometimes goes after the undead forces. He also sometimes turns back during an attack.

Game doesn't seem to pause during the siege cannon cutscene, it started with my units mid-combat and most of them dead when the cutscene ended. Also, the cannon should destroy another building than the dark temple.

Attack waves stack on each other. I once had the blues, the grays and the reds all come after me all at once even though I hadn't gone near their base yet.

The Blood Elves might not be hostile to the Draenei, I saw them take out a group of elves with the elves not fighting back.

Death Knight (in the mansion)'s name and some of his lines are untranslated.

The siege engine can move if the barricades around are removed, is that supposed to happen?

Picked up the Secret Level Powerup, does it do anything apart from playing music? I went straight to the seventh level afterwards.

Seventh level:

Camera bug in the intro cutscene (only on 1.31, fixed by playing on 1.30.4) where doodads block the camera.

Unit abilities are unresearched.

The split-up cutscene is unskippable.

Lever on the west side of the map guarded by Blood Baron forces: Message when lever is killed is untranslated.

It's possible for Kraal to blink to the Dreadlord that Togrash is supposed to fight (and from there, access the rest of the dungeon.

Black Widow message is (null).

Bookcase destructible is untranslated.

Helm of Battlethirst's description is untranslated.

The area with the last 3 prisoners keeps getting pinged even after the rescue.

How are you supposed to get to the Archnecromancer?

Eighth level:

Main quest message says |CFFFMAIN.

Base should start with enough food to build units.

So where's Togrash?

Unholy Bastion is untranslated.

Araj has a spell where he seems to be missing a model: there's a Life Drain effect going into an empty space and units will attack, but there's nothing to select.

Undead bastion defeated:
  • Araj's line during his defeat cutscene is untranslated.
  • If you go the long way around the undead bastion and kill the Bastion first, the cutscene that follows is screwed up because the purple forces keep attacking during the cutscene, killing off your troops.
** Purple base should be wiped out or all units made invulnerable during that scene (I ended up losing both Eredar warlocks, and Erefar was barely alive at the end of the scene), and the gate shoud be killed if it wasn't alread (otherwise Valdis goes all the way around).

Black Castle:
  • The gate shuts itself, so the yellow attack waves get stuck inside.
  • Once the yellow base is destroyed, the camera should instantly center on Kraal.
  • ... OK, instakilling knights would have been a useful ability before. Why is he only just now using it?

Murdenhole's commander's name is untranslated.

During the paladin fight, there was a debuff (I think it's their aura) named Tool Tip Missing! in red.

OK, but Dalvengyr was the Dreadlord Tograh killed, why is he still alive?

What's the circle of power on the east edge of the map supposed to do?

The Doom Guard summoning circle remains visible after the cultists are all killed.

Really? Mines? That was cheap, there should be a warning. Also, the first gate was killed by the mines.

Ugggghhhhh that final bossfight. Next time I'll keep the gates closed.

End cutscene: Lines before and after Kraal mentions ZanKarrak are untranslated.

Last edited:
Level 28
(Doublepost, I know, but there's a game-breaker in the 9th one if you fight the Maladaar with the elephants)

-

Panacea item tooltip is untranslated.

Correction: Krag's Mirror image makes 2 illusions at every level instead of 1-2-3. Maybe they do more damage every time but in any case the tooltip should mention it.

Ninth level

Marauders scoreboard is untranslated.

Orc marauder chieftain is untranslated.

I was expecting a hold-the-line until Jaraxxus showed up, but nothing ever came. Was that intentional?

Skeleton hero tends to attack by himself instead of with attack waves.

Auchenai tomb sidequest:
  • Door destructible leading to the tomb is untranslated.
  • Weird teleporter-looking thing in the tomb is untranslated.
  • The lever to the tomb should not be hidden behind a wall, I only saw it by pure chance after finishing off the guardians.
** I think I might have gotten some triggers in the wrong order: I killed the guardians from behind the invulnerable door, including their hero, then found the lever, and when I killed the destructible in the tomb, the hero's line played (is she supposed to be invulnerable/respawn until you kill it?).

Peackeeper -> Peacekeeper

It's possible to fight Maladaar in the SW corner before the central one (the one the quest reveals), ending the level.
* Scratch that- I killed Maladaar 1 in the central area, then the cutscene went to the SW corner. It played out the same way, except that Krag just stood next to Maladaar 2 (who kept spawning more undead) instead of attacking, while Jaraxxus and Maladaar kept channeling their beams. I eventually skipped the scene, and the level seemed to reset to the beginning (telling me to wait for Jaraxxus to arrive and putting up another 5 minute counter). I still had Jaraxxus in the corner, an invincible Maladaar, and the Auchinoun undead were neutral or allied.

The demolishers around Maladaar 1 can be taken out by catapults and flyers, is that intentional?

Glad to see the whole dungeon can be explored without needing to go through Maladaar 1, I was able to finish all the sidequests and items. Good layout.

Is Jaraxxus' laugh supposed to play when he hits level 10?

Last edited:
Level 28
Forgot to mention this was on 1.31 and Normal:

Tenth level:

Terrain is buggy, there's several areas with tiled cliffs leading to natural terrain and several non-abyssal cliffs with dirt floating on nothing.

Attack waves come in too close together, you barely (or even don't) have time to deal with one before the next one comes in. Not to mention having Vashj and a royal guard, they can take out half the army in a few seconds.

After the blood elf cutscene, the reds attack you instead of the other orcs.

There's a floating island full of undead near the enemy bases.

The Firelord should be behind a forcefield or invulnerable, not hidden away.

Fel'dan's quests remained undiscovered even when completed.

During the final custcene, the blood elves and naga started heading away before going into the temple. Similarly, Fel'dan went in then turned around and left.

Is there supposed to be a portal doodad inside? There's a "teleport" noise but no visible portal.

What that's it? What now?

Secret level

I had to choose the level manually.

Crystal destructibles are untranslated.

Pit Lord:
  • "implale": impale or implore?
  • Pit Lord's response is untranslated.

"Demon base destroyed" messages are untranslated.

The item shop is called "Measurement Well".

Thanks for the dragon roost, I wouldn't have beaten the level without it.

Demon King shouldn't be in an enemy base, it's possible to kill him with air units before the quest turns up.

The southern base's heavy units get stuck at the entrance to their base, so the only unit that could attack was a single Overlord at a time. Given the kind of damage the other base's attck waes could do, that's not a problem.

Cannibal isn't in the final cutscene (and when he talks, has no name).

-

Overall, the story was good though with some issues (Togrash, Dalvengyr, the lack of an ending...), it wasn't too frustrating (except the tenth level which keeps dumping units and AoE spells on you), and there weren't too many balance issues (except the Beastiary being a T3 building).