• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hellfire Peninsula

Reactions: xp3r009
---------------------------
My 1st attempt to make a good Mellee map
---------------------------
Description:You are controling a small village(main building of the race you have chosen)that is trying to defeat its opponents.You can hire Mercenaries from the taverns and kill creeps to get loot and gold.

Story of the satyrs:Hellfire peninsula is one of the satyr's bases.They protect their Nether dragons and they will defend their homeland at all costs!

Note:full gredits go to blizzard Entertainment because they have made this part of the outland ^^
----------
Updates:
v1.0 map uploaded
v1.1 balanced the drops
v1.2 changed the terrain and added more cpeeps and doodads
v1.3 fixed the start locations and added more creeps and doodads
v1.4:well i fixed some of those horrible creep ''raids'' at start and added one more goldmine plus i balanced the drops.Lets face it that wasn't the final ver
v1.5(final)I changed the creep line of sight to 200 as bounty_hunter 2 told me and the starting gold mines now have 20k gold to increase the changes of your survival!
----------

-Arthas_king

Keywords:
outland,satyr,infernal,hell,hellfire,peninsula,hellfire peninsula,melle
Contents

Hellfire Peninsula (Map)

Reviews
16:14, 26th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: Hellfire Peninsula is a melee map made by arthas_king. The map is symmetrical so the balance of the map doesn't have much problems. Besides the fact that the top players have the Goblin Laboratory and the...

M

16:14, 26th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
Hellfire Peninsula is a melee map made by arthas_king. The map is symmetrical so the balance of the map doesn't have much problems. Besides the fact that the top players have the Goblin Laboratory and the bottom ones have the Marketplace. I find the terrain pretty lacking. It has little or no dodoads, and the ground tileset isn't done in the best manner. The creeps are randomly placed and you should place them correctly. Most of the creep groups even don't have drops and the once that have are placed at 100% at one item. Also the creeps have the normal sight range instead of camp. You need to improve the terrain and fix the creeps until then, 2/5 (Lacking) and Pending.

18:35, 25th Mar 2009 by bounty hunter2:
The drops are still badly done, but you set the sights to good. The terrain could use some work aswell. Anyway I guess it can get 2/5 (Lacking) and Approved since you are willing to improve.

Level 31
I rate this by 2/5 and I suggest this map for Pending because of these two reasons:

1. Map is out of doodads. Many empty spots that really requires some cute doodads. Spots with 7 torches in one spot looks ugly, I suggest you to remove it and take only 1 torch.
2. Gold Mines are not protected by creeps. Some other Gold Mines or Neutral Buildings are protected by about two level 1-2 creeps, others by much bigger force. That's equal imbalance. And creeps protecting Gold Mines that are nearly start locations are necessary.

However, these mistakes are easy to fix. So as I was saying, work at least few hours on the enviroment and add creeps to all Gold Mines. Fixing that, my rating will increase. By the way, nice description.

Level 31
Really? Well I can't see any. Can you? Look at screenshot.

mistake1.jpg

By the way, only Blizzard Entertainment should blame you for stealing this name - Hellfire Peninsula, the name of area from World of Warcraft because it's their phrase. But they don't.

Level 14
if u know how to play melle maps the 1st gold mine must be free so the workers can harverst gold from it.

and Revan(rom) sorry man i didnt knew that you have created a melle map with the same name ;)

well its just a map i made based on its terrain,and it's name,what else to say? a part from outland based on blizzard entertainment's outland name.Why everyone is actiing so angrily at me?

Level 31
Actually you're wrong. Let's say, there are 3 players on a map, yeah? And I put 1 player computer and other player - closed. Guess what happens? I start playing and the spot with Player 3 is empty, without creeps, you can easily order your acylote / whisp / peasant / peon to go there and start gathering resouce.

You must put creeps there. It will gone if you will play at that spot. Look at this standard melee type map trigger, look at this action I marked. If you don't believe me, put few hostiles neary your start location and start game, you'll notice that there are no creeps.

mistake2.jpg

I love you, arthas_king. Here's some nice acting. :)

Level 31
Unless your map was a 1 vs 1 map, all gold mine with starting location should have neutral hostile guarding it or else the gameplay won't be balance.

Cause if I am undead, I could easily send my acolyte to the unguarded gold mine for fast mining.

The melee trigger would remove all hostile creep within 1,000 distance from the starting location if the player slot by being used as long as the action of removing creep within starting location was not removed.

I do not think I need to evaluate it since approject does.

Level 14
If this is the last version I shall check it when I will have time.

well i see it wont get approved and i wanted to ask what things i made wrong coz i have plenty of time to fix them ATM :D

EDIT:well that wasnt the final ver :p i tested it and saw that some creeps were ''raiding'' your base :p i added a gold mine plus i fixed some creep drops :D hope it gets approved

Last edited: