• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a terrainer to make Hellfire Peninsula (WoW terrain)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
:point up:, check title.
It has to be precise as possible, though it does not have to be EXCACTLY as it is in Hellfire Peninsula.
So anyways, you MUST be able to look through the zone in WoW to make the terrain as precise as possible.

Ofcourse rep+ and credits if done.

Level 5
I can try it. Do you want the units and buildings like the pvp zone? and do you want the Hellfire Citadel Place? Or just the terrain for it.
Do you want me to just put a placeholder doodad for things as all you asked for is terrain? or you want it completely blank? I will start in a few hours, but won't go too far as these questions are unanswered.

Last edited:
Level 13
I need the full terrain. The PvP zone would be awesome, the caves and hellfie citadel would be awesome too.
You don't have to place units, but buildings would be very good.
I will put the doodads in myself.

You don't need to make triggers for PvP and that, I will make it myself.

Level 5
Okay. and since the map is a horizontal rectangle it will be rectangular, but how big do you want it? like map size
Oh, and if you have a copy of the map already, it may be better if i work off of that since you've already started. (The ones from the SS's on the project's page) So, if you do PM me a dl link pls or ill just keep working on this. Just let me know. Thanks

Level 5
Well, I meant the triggers/top left lol. But, Your dark portal is a little elongated where you have your horde and alliance units, and i assume the horde/alliance bases are yours and not what wow has, i was confused cause they are both huge in comparison
But thats a biiiiiiiig map. I had make it have a default higher cliff height, cause the default you have set at is 1 and the HFP has alot of dips so i had to set it to the default height of two.
Also, just would help me alot, could you make the areas you plan to use for special events (PvP, Instances,Ect) Along the top before i really get on making the terrain. It'd help me alot if you did so I wouldn't have to go back through and change stuff later. Just use a mountain (+2 height) to signify where you plan to put something. Obviously you don't have to guess perfectly or make the actual event yet, just mark where you want to use so I don't go over it. Thanks

Last edited:
Level 13
Lol xD
Yeah, I know it is kinda huge xD
I know I made a mistake with the heigth.
I don't know excactly where PvP and instances should be, just run over it.

Level 5
Well, I've done a bit of work on it, not too much as i had to work. Probably finish what I'm doing tomarrow, gonna take wednesday off for my b-day. But, I'm working on the main road that goes through HFP and it's split-offs

Level 5
mmmm....alright..but it may be better if someone else did it, hell, i opened the map editor and it took 12 minutes to load a map, then everything went black and it crashed. weird. don't think i can do much for the time being

Level 5
No, but that won't work either, I don't know whats wrong. And the only thing I really got to do since I only got to work on it for a day or two was change the terrain height and I tried to make the dark portal area not so out of place, but its really just too far north in the map, thats all. And like i said earlier, the Orc/Human bases are too big.

Status
Not open for further replies.