• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Request - Help about Map

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hello .. Please im new to maping and all.. but i have some cool ideas in my mind.. and i want to make them true :) but.. i need some professional skills of terrain.. etc..
Im Making a Hellfire Peninsula Map (link from WoW: http://www.emence.com/images/wow/screenshots/BurningCrusadeBeta/Hellfire Peninsula.jpg)

I just started working so plz.. also u can comment and well.. tell me if u got some good ideas about the map.. Also some help would be really nice.. Thanks
P.S: its 1/4 Finished

Attachments

• Battle For Hellfire.w3x
    1.9 MB · Views: 60
Level 37
There's a 48 hour rule about bumping threads.

However I took a look at your map.

I'm not the greatest terrainer myself, but I can say it was quite bad. It's almost completely flat, tile variation is bad, doodad placement wasn't good, try to avoid Blizzard cliffs. Use raise/lower terrain tool instead. Some units/doodads are hovering in the air.

I think you need to improve your terraining skills, and then start the map from scratch.

Just practise terraining. Create hills, ponds, waterfalls, shrines and places like that. Look for inspiration from some terrain showcase threads. Learn to place doodads, how to use tile variation and generate height variation.

Practise a couple of weeks, and then have a look at your map again. I'm sure you've gotten a bit better by that time, and you can see how your current map is lacking.

Sure, you don't have to start from scratch...but in my opinion you should since what you have now won't be great or awesome. Just practise a bit before resuming this project.

Level 2
There's a 48 hour rule about bumping threads.

However I took a look at your map.

I'm not the greatest terrainer myself, but I can say it was quite bad. It's almost completely flat, tile variation is bad, doodad placement wasn't good, try to avoid Blizzard cliffs. Use raise/lower terrain tool instead. Some units/doodads are hovering in the air.

I think you need to improve your terraining skills, and then start the map from scratch.

Just practise terraining. Create hills, ponds, waterfalls, shrines and places like that. Look for inspiration from some terrain showcase threads. Learn to place doodads, how to use tile variation and generate height variation.

Practise a couple of weeks, and then have a look at your map again. I'm sure you've gotten a bit better by that time, and you can see how your current map is lacking.

Sure, you don't have to start from scratch...but in my opinion you should since what you have now won't be great or awesome. Just practise a bit before resuming this project.

Thanks bro , i know ;) eh but i just had some good ideas and wanted to make the true.. im not thinking of going pro and all.. but i saw some people who did hmm.. i think like The world tree and on the world tree big houses night elfes.. big kingdom etc.. :) so i just asked for some tips how or just some help :)
But thanks i'l do wut ya say ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.