• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Feedback] Compiled List of 1.30 / 1.29 Bugs & Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have found an inconvenience with the Set Armor function:
  • Unit - Set Armor of (Picked unit) to 0.00
It takes into account any bonus armor (green +armor) from abilities like devotion aura and items like ring of protection. So if you have a unit with a +100 devotion aura, and set its armor to 0, the unit's base armor will become -100. Obviously this makes the function dangerous to use, as if the unit loses this devotion aura, it will now have -100 armor and the armor calculation will need to be run again (needless to say how inconvenient it is to detect when an armor-giving ability/item is added/removed from a unit).

The function should be changed to (or added) Set Base Armor so that it's easier to set the armor of a unit to an intended value even when there are buffs/items involved. I believe i am right in saying that a huge amount of WC3 custom maps contain abilities that temporarily modify armor which in my opinion makes it more apparent at how limited the current Set Armor function is.

Another reason why this quirk irritates me is that the function Set Base Damage is something you could run with Set Armor to endlessly scale the combat stats of units in custom maps. Set Base Damage works perfectly as it ignores green +damage, meaning you can dynamically scale the damage of units all game long without abilities and items skewing calculations, but you can't do the same with armor, because as soon as a unit has a +armor buff or item then you effectively should not run the function on them (or write a massive long calculation to take temporary bonuses into account)

The same can be said for Set Max HP and Set Max Mana; it would be nice to also have Set Base Max HP and Set Base Max Mana. But we already have ways of efficiently adding base HP and base mana to units already (unlike Armour) so they're definitely less important.
I also pointed out that behaviour. If you use BonusMod (doubt if there is a GUI system), then together with set armor you have full access to bonus and modified armor (base armor is GetArmor(returns full) minus mods).
If you use GetArmor inside SetArmor (SetArmor(unit, GetArmor + X)) it behaves "properly" (will modify base armor).

Level 6
BUG

The biggest maps, such as Iceborn v1.9 and The Chosen Ones 1.0 , now crash giving MEMORY-RELATED errors
. No matter what you do.

If this isn't a bug and someone knows some solution, PLEASE, TELL ME! I BEG YOU! I've already tried EVERYTHING of easy access: compatibility modes, access as an administrator, lowering the resolution... It all fails, since the beginnings of 2017 (patch 1.28, maybe?). Btw, my World Editor doesn't work anymore, It opens with too little windows and it doesn't opens the maps!

Last edited:
Level 10
BUG

The biggest maps, such as Iceborn v1.9 and The Chosen Ones 1.0 , now crash giving MEMORY-RELATED errors
. No matter what you do.

They open fine for me, so its related to you or your installation of warcraft 3.
Windows 10.
16gb Ram (shouldnt matter at all due to 32bit)
Default warcraft 3 settings on a mostly clean install.

upload_2018-6-12_22-36-46.png

Level 6
They open fine for me, so its related to you or your installation of warcraft 3.
Windows 10.
16gb Ram (shouldnt matter at all due to 32bit)
Default warcraft 3 settings on a mostly clean install.

View attachment 299894
Thank God someone replied! (And I hope more will do)

I, too, manage to open the maps by using the Integrated video card instead of the Nvidia Geforce one, but the problem presents itself nonetheless while playing the maps! I'm almost sure (but if you know more on the matter you can contradict me) that it is a problem related to the latest patches, because while I bought the computer that I'm currently using just two weeks ago, I had the same exact problem with the old computer I got!

BTW the problem is the same exact one that is described here: Problem with saveing the game Only it happens while playing, too, not just while saving

(For the sake of visibility, I rewrite my initial message:

BUG

. No matter what you do.

If this isn't a bug and someone knows some solution, PLEASE, TELL ME! I BEG YOU! I've already tried EVERYTHING of easy access: compatibility modes, access as an administrator, lowering the resolution... It all fails, since the beginnings of 2017 (patch 1.28, maybe?). Btw, my World Editor doesn't work anymore, It opens with too little windows and it doesn't open the maps! )

Last edited:
Level 7
While I was testing the new special effect natives, I encountered a problem regarding this native:

vJASS:
native BlzSetSpecialEffectPitch takes effect whichEffect, real pitch returns nothing

It does not give the correct results when the values are within the ranges: 1.57-4.7 radians or 90-270 degrees.

But when I tested changing the pitch in BlzSetSpecialEffectOrientation, it seems to work just fine.

EDIT: I'm using 1.29.2

EDIT 2: Added a test map in the attachment.

Attachments

• SpecialEffectPitchTest.w3x
    14.3 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Level 3
This has been noted on other sites, but didn't see it in the first post here. At certain aspect ratios, the mouse cursor is de-centered and where you appear to click on the minimap, or even for some buttons, is not where you are actually clicking, making jumping around the minimap challenging. My aspect ratio is 1280X1024X32.

As an additional note for Blizzard, since they are still patching Warcraft 3, should not the Prologue campaign in the Reign of Chaos menu finally include the rest of the Demo missions that form a big part of the Horde's story? I mean sure we can play it through the custom campaign menu, but it doesn't feel as right.

Level 4
Game Bug:
1. The score screen after 24 player games displays two copies of the original 12 colors, instead of all 24 colors. The variant of the original 12 colors that each new color most closely resembles is used. I've presumed that Blizzard knows about this and intends to fix it later. It's just some spot in the game code where they haven't fully updated the color system to support 24 instead of 12. This makes it confusing if there's say both a Maroon and Red player or a Navy and Blue player or a Violet and Purple player in a game as you can't distinguish them on the score screen.

Apparently it's not officially a bug, but I swear it wasn't the case before that after selecting team colors in a lobby, that clicking the selection box again then clicking away without making a selection would cause the player's color to revert to the next available color, instead of keeping the color they'd already selected. It's annoying now, in big lobbies I like to be choosy with colors, and I tend to click away a couple times real fast and now this causes me to have to re-pick my color every time.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Alright, the new Tranquility spell broke a triggered spell of mine. Isn't there a way to revert to the old spell?
It does not respond to the a unit starts the effect of an ability anymore.

Why would you want the temp invulnerability for that spell when it's one of if not the fastest recharging ultimates? Why only the Keeper of the Grove to benefit from a few secs of anti-stun and not the Priestess or any other utimate channeling hero?

Last edited:
Level 13
BlzSetUnitBaseDamage is not permanent - morphing a unit won't retain the new value. Is that intended? If so, could you add a flag to the function like the old team has done to str, agi, and int?

JASS:
native          SetHeroStr          takes unit whichHero, integer newStr, boolean permanent returns nothing
native          SetHeroAgi          takes unit whichHero, integer newAgi, boolean permanent returns nothing
native          SetHeroInt          takes unit whichHero, integer newInt, boolean permanent returns nothing

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: Set damage to 200
      • Unit - Set Base Damage of Demon Hunter 0000 <gen> to 200 for weapon index: 1
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Demon Hunter 0000 <gen> to Night Elf Demon Hunter - Metamorphosis
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: End Metamorphosis
      • Unit - Remove All buffs from Demon Hunter 0000 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
Screenshot A
A.png

Screenshot B
B.png

Screenshot C
C.png

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I don't remember noticing this until today...
It seems that the last two Faceless Ones are considered ranged but actually attack ground units from a melee range and air units with the same attack from a 500 range as opposed to other units which have two attacks with different range (and damage) like the Granite Golem. And come on, the Faceless don't shoot lightning but throw Death Coil projectiles.
FacelessOneAttack03.png FacelessOneAttack04.png FaceselessOneAttackIssue01.png FaceselessOneAttackIssue02.png GraniteGolemAttack01.png GraniteGolemAttack02.png GraniteGolemAttack03.png
I think it's because the damage and attack types are the same for both attack modes but it should not be considered a ranged unit when it has a melee attack on ground. Because then all units which have an air attack mode with a range bigger than melee should also be considered ranged.

That might be it for tonight's nitpicking.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm really interested in that, actually... So is your problem that the tooltip is lying, the command card is lying, or the soups is confusing, or what?
The issues are the tooltips mentioning a main melee unit as ranged one (+shooting stuff it doesn't) and the attack which is not separated into two (one for melee and one for ranged as seen on the Golem and other units like the Dragons for instance even if both their attacks are ranged but the targeting is different: air and ground) showing only the ranged one thus creating confusion that the unit is actually a normal ranged ground unit (e.g. Archer) instead of it being a main melee unit with the addition of a ranged anti air attack.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Anybody would want to have acces to object editor default data of a unit, however it's currently not doable unless you store the default values yourself.
So it's neighter a bug or an issue but a suggestion I guess.
Yeah, it's bad that it considers the default id (model's?) size and not the one in the object editor nor the current one in the change size trigger...
Workarounds suck :|

EDIT:
It works with a bit of annoyance as in you have to test the actual size it shows by trial and error. However, all of the three categories have to be modified not just the height, so, my bad.

Last edited:
Level 5
must be yet another issue with optimized maps and SLK? Drop the AbilityData content related to the skills to see
Hi DracoL1ch,
After releasing of 1.30 PTR, the bug I found regarding some heroes' aghanim skills is fixed. So, it can be confirmed that it was problem of 1.29 ,not an SLK issue.

Level 13
I've commented about the following in another thread, but I'd like to state it here too.
Some noticeable bugs regarding gameplay:
- DaybreakRooster and DuskWolf sound effects are being played at 100% volume regardless of what you defined in your war3 sound settings.
- I was watching a stream earlier, and a peon which was queued to build a Watch Tower got its tower "phantom texture" stuck for a while. The streamer didn't see exactly how that texture disappeared, but he mentioned that the peon died a few minutes later.

Here's some more regarding the restored/re-enabled special effect animation functions. In 1.30, Blizzard added two new data types to the game.
JASS:
    type animtype           extends     handle
    type subanimtype        extends     handle

//===================================

constant native ConvertAnimType             takes integer i returns animtype
    constant native ConvertSubAnimType          takes integer i returns subanimtype

//===================================

constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_BIRTH                 = ConvertAnimType(0)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_DEATH                 = ConvertAnimType(1)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_DECAY                 = ConvertAnimType(2)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_DISSIPATE             = ConvertAnimType(3)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_STAND                 = ConvertAnimType(4)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_WALK                  = ConvertAnimType(5)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_ATTACK                = ConvertAnimType(6)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_MORPH                 = ConvertAnimType(7)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_SLEEP                 = ConvertAnimType(8)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_SPELL                 = ConvertAnimType(9)
    constant animtype           ANIM_TYPE_PORTRAIT              = ConvertAnimType(10)

constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_ROOTED             = ConvertSubAnimType(11)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_ALTERNATE_EX       = ConvertSubAnimType(12)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_LOOPING            = ConvertSubAnimType(13)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SLAM               = ConvertSubAnimType(14)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_THROW              = ConvertSubAnimType(15)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SPIKED             = ConvertSubAnimType(16)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FAST               = ConvertSubAnimType(17)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SPIN               = ConvertSubAnimType(18)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_READY              = ConvertSubAnimType(19)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_CHANNEL            = ConvertSubAnimType(20)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_DEFEND             = ConvertSubAnimType(21)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_VICTORY            = ConvertSubAnimType(22)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_TURN               = ConvertSubAnimType(23)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_LEFT               = ConvertSubAnimType(24)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_RIGHT              = ConvertSubAnimType(25)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FIRE               = ConvertSubAnimType(26)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FLESH              = ConvertSubAnimType(27)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_HIT                = ConvertSubAnimType(28)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_WOUNDED            = ConvertSubAnimType(29)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_LIGHT              = ConvertSubAnimType(30)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_MODERATE           = ConvertSubAnimType(31)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SEVERE             = ConvertSubAnimType(32)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_CRITICAL           = ConvertSubAnimType(33)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_COMPLETE           = ConvertSubAnimType(34)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_GOLD               = ConvertSubAnimType(35)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_LUMBER             = ConvertSubAnimType(36)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_WORK               = ConvertSubAnimType(37)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_TALK               = ConvertSubAnimType(38)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FIRST              = ConvertSubAnimType(39)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SECOND             = ConvertSubAnimType(40)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_THIRD              = ConvertSubAnimType(41)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FOURTH             = ConvertSubAnimType(42)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FIFTH              = ConvertSubAnimType(43)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_ONE                = ConvertSubAnimType(44)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_TWO                = ConvertSubAnimType(45)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_THREE              = ConvertSubAnimType(46)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FOUR               = ConvertSubAnimType(47)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FIVE               = ConvertSubAnimType(48)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SMALL              = ConvertSubAnimType(49)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_MEDIUM             = ConvertSubAnimType(50)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_LARGE              = ConvertSubAnimType(51)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_UPGRADE            = ConvertSubAnimType(52)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_DRAIN              = ConvertSubAnimType(53)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FILL               = ConvertSubAnimType(54)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_CHAINLIGHTNING     = ConvertSubAnimType(55)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_EATTREE            = ConvertSubAnimType(56)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_PUKE               = ConvertSubAnimType(57)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_FLAIL              = ConvertSubAnimType(58)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_OFF                = ConvertSubAnimType(59)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_SWIM               = ConvertSubAnimType(60)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_ENTANGLE           = ConvertSubAnimType(61)
    constant subanimtype        SUBANIM_TYPE_BERSERK            = ConvertSubAnimType(62)
The first problem I ran into is that when the user tries to declare GUI variables using those new data types, the editor, instead, generates them as integers.

upload_2018-7-7_16-41-52.png

JASS:
globals
    // User-defined
    integer udg_effect_anim= 0
    integer udg_effect_subAnim= 0
endglobals

So, doing this will obviously throw an error.
  • Set effect_anim = Birth
  • Set effect_subAnim = AlternateEx
upload_2018-7-7_16-44-59.png

TriggerData.txt
Code:
// Trigger Non-Variable Types - Utility, only used to simplify triggers
keyeventtype=1,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_keyeventtype,integer
keyeventkey=1,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_keyeventkey,integer
mouseeventtype=1,0,0,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_mouseeventtype,integer
mousebuttontype=1,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_mousebuttontype,integer
animtype=1,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_animtype,integer
subanimtype=1,1,1,WESTRING_TRIGTYPE_subanimtype,integer

Legend:
// Defines all trigger variable types to be used by the Script Editor
// Key: type name
// Value 0: first game version in which this type is valid
// Value 1: flag (0 or 1) indicating if this type can be a global variable
// Value 2: flag (0 or 1) indicating if this type can be used with comparison operators
// Value 3: string to display in the editor
// Value 4: base type, used only for custom types
// Value 5: import type, for strings which represent files (optional)
// Value 6: flag (0 or 1) indicating to treat this type as the base type in the editor
Oh, and the same applies to Mouse Button data type for GUI variables.

upload_2018-7-7_17-13-34.png

JASS:
globals
    // User-defined
integer udg_MyVar= 0

// Generated
trigger gg_trg_Melee_Initialization= null
endglobals
upload_2018-7-7_17-12-45.png

The second problem is that in no way I was able to make an effect play a "composite animation", i.e., "walk alternate", or "morph alternate". Even if I added the sub-animation after or before playing an animation type, the effect simply ignored it - Demon Hunter model was used while testing this.

Attachments

• upload_2018-7-7_17-4-10.png
    upload_2018-7-7_17-4-10.png
    109 KB · Views: 131
Last edited:
Level 5
I will be trying to update this thread soon with up-to-date bugs on Patch 1.30 (PTR).

Btw, Preloader seems broken again.

I really didn't want to believe this :\

I just tested your codeless save/load map on 1.30 and sure enough, it isn't working at all.

I really really really hope this patch doesn't go live with preloader broken.A lot of save/load maps rely on it. The RPG community (and many more) would be hit hard if an issue like that persisted. Maps like mine that rely on your codeless save/load are doomed. I can't even revert back to the old way of writing a code down and inputting it back in because I save too many characters to fit into chat.

I'm not trying to sound like a doomsayer or anything but that would 100% lock my map out of being playable until they fixed it. I do have a community of players, and I doubt they'll stick around with zero development and the inability to play the map.

With that said, I do have faith that the current dev team won't let that happen, they're really in touch with the community and doing a fantastic job.

Last edited:
There is also some kind of a problem with Unit - Move command. In Defenders of Dwarvenkind, the dwarven miner, who tells King Buri about the gold mine does not run to the gold mine after the cinematic. See the video:
Defenders130.mp4

In 1.29 and all previous patches, it worked like this:
https://drive.google.com/a/hyvanmie...hXf71Y6GTPTtr8BTLLKqFZJ5ETNB/view?usp=sharing

The code is very simple, see it here:
UnitMoveBug.PNG

You can download the map file itself from dwarfcampaign.com:
http://www.dwarfcampaign.com/media/1133/defendersofdwarvenkind-v9.w3x

Best regards,
Tommi

I found an extremely BAD bug. All imports in the maps inside the campaign (in Import Manager F12) are severely bugged:

1. All imports that override existing files are replaced by the original files, when you edit the maps (using Edit Map).
2. All imports that do not override exisiting files are replaced by a 0-byte file.

You can reproduce the bug as follows:
1. Download the Gnoll Campaign: Gnoll Campaign
2. Open it in the campaign editor and edit CinematicIntro.w3x
3. Have a look at the Import Manager (F12). In 1.29 the file sizes are the following:
gcimports.PNG

but in 1.30 they read:
gcimports130.PNG

The file sizes are those of the original files, except for the .mdx file, which is 0-byte length. Actually, your files are still there. If you edit the map, the World Editor replaces your files with the original files and destroys the .mdx file.

4. Make a small modification to the triggers or somewhere else.
5. Save the map.
6. Blam! All your custom files are gone!

As far as I can see, this bug does not affect Campaign Imports (in Campaign Editor).

Level 5
I found an extremely BAD bug. All imports in the maps inside the campaign (in Import Manager F12) are severely bugged:

1. All imports that override existing files are replaced by the original files, when you edit the maps (using Edit Map).
2. All imports that do not override exisiting files are replaced by a 0-byte file.

You can reproduce the bug as follows:
1. Download the Gnoll Campaign: Gnoll Campaign
2. Open it in the campaign editor and edit CinematicIntro.w3x
3. Have a look at the Import Manager (F12). In 1.29 the file sizes are the following:
View attachment 302185
but in 1.30 they read:
View attachment 302186
The file sizes are those of the original files, except for the .mdx file, which is 0-byte length. Actually, your files are still there. If you edit the map, the World Editor replaces your files with the original files and destroys the .mdx file.

4. Make a small modification to the triggers or somewhere else.
5. Save the map.
6. Blam! All your custom files are gone!

As far as I can see, this bug does not affect Campaign Imports (in Campaign Editor).
YES, most imported .mdx in DotA don't work!

Level 13
I'm somewhat confused about this: BlzSetHeroProperName doesn't work with hero illusions. Maybe that's intended?

• Illusion Change Proper Name
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is an illusion) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set Name of (Triggering unit) to Something Else
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

upload_2018-7-12_14-41-25.png

Level 23
I'm somewhat confused about this: BlzSetHeroProperName doesn't work with hero illusions. Maybe that's intended?

• Illusion Change Proper Name
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters (Playable map area)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is an illusion) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Hero - Set Name of (Triggering unit) to Something Else
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the origin of (Triggering unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Incinerate\FireLordDeathExplode.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

I already mentioned that. they completely ignore it both on themselves and their origin hero.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
On 1.29.2 after I saved the map with wrong call remove location names and the progress bar remained there. I saved once more after I corrected the names even though the save progress bar was still there and remained there. However, the map was saved as there was no * on the menu bar after the map name.
Closed the map and tried loading it again and the World Editor crashed. Then, I opened the editor, loaded the map and this is what happened ingame:

EditorSaveCodeError.png

The spell's hotkey doesn't work by the way.

EditorSaveCodeError02.png EditorSaveCodeError03.png

Everything custom has been overwritten...

Even the custom teams:

EditorSaveCodeError04.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.